Subject: Shops in Detroit rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Ross
Ireland
Cork
Ireland
flag msg tools
The mysteries about how we evolved should not distract us from the indisputable fact that we did evolve. -- Jerry A. Coyne
badge
It takes courage to grow up and turn out to be who you really are. -- E E Cummings
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

I will be visiting Detroit this December/January and would like some tips on where to shop for games in this city. Don't be shy with your recommendations.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clark Rodeffer
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Go west, young man." Check out RIW in Livonia.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Winterhalter
United States
Broomfield
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CDRodeffer wrote:
"Go west, young man." Check out RIW in Livonia.

Seconded!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Ross
Ireland
Cork
Ireland
flag msg tools
The mysteries about how we evolved should not distract us from the indisputable fact that we did evolve. -- Jerry A. Coyne
badge
It takes courage to grow up and turn out to be who you really are. -- E E Cummings
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the address.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Tucker
United States
Warren
Michigan
flag msg tools
A game is a series of decisions; a good game is a series of interesting decisions
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's also:
http://www.allthekingsmenchess.com/ in Warren, which is mostly for chess, but has a section (labeled "Brain Games"), though sadly the person who ran the Brain Games part is no longer there (as far as I know)
and
http://www.guildofblades.com/gobstore-madisonheights-mi.php in Madison Heights
if you're going to be closer to that side of Detroit

Otherwise RIW looked pretty good, though I've only had the chance to stop by once myself
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Palmer
United States
Birmingham
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I too toss my support for RIW in Livonia. Great selection, great service.

If you're into mini's/wargaming and such, there IS Pandamonium over in Garden City (Ford Road/Middlebelt if memory serves).

And Vault of Midnight I believe is still out in the Ann Arbor region, but that's a haul. Although, sometimes when folks say "Detroit" they're really in the "Detroit Area" and really could be as close to Ann Arbor as they are to anywhere else in the "Metro Detroit" area
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls