Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mischa D. Krilov
United States
New Orleans
Louisiana
flag msg tools
designer
When *is* BGG Con 20XX registration, anyway?
badge
This space intentionally left blank. :)
Microbadge: I can't remember what year I started role-playingMicrobadge: Parent of Two BoysMicrobadge: BGG.CON attendeeMicrobadge: Tea drinkerMicrobadge: Owner of Too Many Unplayed Games
kristopherjwolff wrote:
And no trade requests into the system until the results are deemed "final", right?
Yes. Let's wait until tomorrow to make sure there's no problems.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marshall P.
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
"Nothing in Biology Makes Sense Except in the Light of Evolution" - Theodosius Dobzhansky
badge
There is grandeur in this view of life, whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been, and are being, evolved.
Microbadge: Amun-Re fanMicrobadge: Automobile fanMicrobadge: Hawaii fanMicrobadge: In the Year of the Dragon fanMicrobadge: Power Grid fan
Where can I find the full want lists?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stupidly Happy
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Down along the creek, I remember something
Microbadge: I love Korean foodMicrobadge: I love Indian foodMicrobadge: I love Thai foodMicrobadge: I love Japanese foodMicrobadge: I love German food
rossum wrote:
kristopherjwolff wrote:
And no trade requests into the system until the results are deemed "final", right?
Yes. Let's wait until tomorrow to make sure there's no problems.
Whoops, sorry, missed this page and jumped the gun! No, I'm not too enthusiastic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Gilberg
United States
Norman
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
Microbadge: BGG.CON attendeeMicrobadge: Tigris & Euphrates fanMicrobadge: Pinball fanMicrobadge: Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. fanMicrobadge: Math Trader
rossum wrote:
We have results!

Apologies for the delay, but there was a late-night snafu involving a spam filter and a very large wantlist,
Crap. Did I break the Math Trade?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
Microbadge: Pet loverMicrobadge: Love Spreader of the WeekMicrobadge: Geek of the WeekMicrobadge: Math TraderMicrobadge: Game Group Organizer
Impressive results! Re: BGG.Con 2009 Math Trade Actual Discussion
I just noticed noticed this MT appeared over (results, most wanted, who wanted mine, etc links showed up in OLWLG) and always curious how things went and what a surprise!!! You guys have a VERY successful math trade, congrats!!

498 items trading!!! That's 42.6%!!!!! Looks like some folks traded possibly a record number of items too! Lots of folks double digits, some in the 20+ items! Winner for most items trading... HDTVDave! Dave, hope you are driving to the con!

mdp4828 wrote:
Where can I find the full want lists?
OLWLG home page, the "WANTS" link for this MT
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Gilberg
United States
Norman
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
Microbadge: BGG.CON attendeeMicrobadge: Tigris & Euphrates fanMicrobadge: Pinball fanMicrobadge: Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. fanMicrobadge: Math Trader
JeffyJeff wrote:

498 items trading!!! That's 42.6%!!!!! Looks like some folks traded possibly a record number of items too! Lots of folks double digits, some in the 20+ items!
Well, no-ship certainly helps. Not a chance I'd trade for Sticheln if I had to ship something as large as Tyranno Ex to get it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Pet loverMicrobadge: Love Spreader of the WeekMicrobadge: Geek of the WeekMicrobadge: Math TraderMicrobadge: Game Group Organizer
Gilby wrote:
JeffyJeff wrote:

498 items trading!!! That's 42.6%!!!!! Looks like some folks traded possibly a record number of items too! Lots of folks double digits, some in the 20+ items!
Well, no-ship certainly helps. Not a chance I'd trade for Sticheln if I had to ship something as large as Tyranno Ex to get it.
No-ships are definitely the best! Though "no ship" is relative, some folks are going to be traveling to and from bgg.con with lots of games from this!

I was surprised at the Tyranno Ex trade! Even for a no-ship! You traded away your new in shrink AH Tyranno Ex for Sticheln and then traded away West Wing seasion 1&2 dvd's for the same edition Tyranno Ex you traded away just not in shrink! So you essentially got Sticheln for the West Wing DVD's

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dale Wiegert
United States
Weatherford
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
Microbadge: 2008 BGG.Con Math Trade participantMicrobadge: 2009 BGG.Con Math Trade participantMicrobadge: 2010 BGG.Con Math Trade participantMicrobadge: 2011 BGG.Con Math Trade participantMicrobadge: 2012 BGG.Con Math Trade participant
rossum wrote:
Dale, shoot a message to Marc about getting both copies of Coalescence.

Why do you want me to do that? reason?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dale Wiegert
United States
Weatherford
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
Microbadge: 2008 BGG.Con Math Trade participantMicrobadge: 2009 BGG.Con Math Trade participantMicrobadge: 2010 BGG.Con Math Trade participantMicrobadge: 2011 BGG.Con Math Trade participantMicrobadge: 2012 BGG.Con Math Trade participant
Tim why don't you quit TRADING Tyranno-Exes and lets PLAY Tyranno-Ex.

I love that game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Gilberg
United States
Norman
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
JeffyJeff wrote:
You traded away your new in shrink AH Tyranno Ex for Sticheln and then traded away West Wing seasion 1&2 dvd's for the same edition Tyranno Ex you traded away just not in shrink! So you essentially got Sticheln for the West Wing DVD's
Yup. I got Tyranno Ex a few years back in the no-ship trade. I've not gotten it to the table. I want to play it, but I'd rather have Sticheln, thus my want lists: Sticheln > Tyranno Ex > West Wing DVDs.

Deadguy wrote:
Tim why don't you quit TRADING Tyranno-Exes and lets PLAY Tyranno-Ex.

I love that game
Really? Well, then, yeah. Let's pull it out after the con. Or during the con.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dale Wiegert
United States
Weatherford
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
I have my open/played copy. I guess i will bring it along.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Gilberg
United States
Norman
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
Deadguy wrote:
Well, I was about to say they probably have on in the Library, but the Library game list isn't posted yet. But bring it to SFGH on Friday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yesterday I was at a gaming flea market where I saw Tyranno Ex for $5.

Getting my stuff home is going to be a pain.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Shipp
United States
Irving
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Greyhound loverMicrobadge: Hockey fanMicrobadge: Dallas Stars fanMicrobadge: 2013 BGG.Con Math Trade participantMicrobadge: RPG Geek - Destiny Has Arrived
Gilby wrote:
Deadguy wrote:
Well, I was about to say they probably have on in the Library, but the Library game list isn't posted yet. But bring it to SFGH on Friday.
I feel confident that Tyranno Ex is in the game library. Almost positive I saw it the other day when I was standing in the middle of all that shelving!

Randy...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mischa D. Krilov
United States
New Orleans
Louisiana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Microbadge: I can't remember what year I started role-playingMicrobadge: Parent of Two BoysMicrobadge: BGG.CON attendeeMicrobadge: Tea drinkerMicrobadge: Owner of Too Many Unplayed Games
Gilby wrote:
Nope.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mischa D. Krilov
United States
New Orleans
Louisiana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Deadguy wrote:
Why do you want me to do that? reason?
Marc's the designer. You may want another game of his instead of two copies of Coalescence.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mischa D. Krilov
United States
New Orleans
Louisiana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mlvanbie wrote:
Getting my stuff home is going to be a pain.
Last year, I packed an empty box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Gilberg
United States
Norman
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
rossum wrote:
Gilby wrote:
Nope.
OK. Well, did I come close to breaking the Math Trade?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dwayne Hendrickson
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Golden GeeklisterMicrobadge: Golden MeepleMicrobadge: ChristianMicrobadge: BGG.CON Virtual Flea Market fanMicrobadge: Copper Boardgame Uploader
Finally, a copy of Giganten. Finally, & it only took three games of mine to do it.

Double win, reducing the library + getting my big want.

Next, Traumfabrik!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JeffyJeff wrote:
498 items trading!!! That's 42.6%!!!!!
Heh. My guess last year was 42.42%, almost surely would have won this year had I stuck with it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Ricochet Robots fanMicrobadge: Power Grid fanMicrobadge: Heart of CrownMicrobadge: Mystic Vale - Whatever it takesMicrobadge: Reef Encounters of the Second Kind fan
Well, I got two out of my three most wanted: Reef Encounter (R&D edition) and Here I Stand.

My #1 target this time was Antiquity. I passed up buying this at retail many times since I was already busy playing Indonesia and Roads & Boats. I didn't think I would want yet another fiddly Splotter game with a hojillion chits. I was wrong!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Haverty
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Microbadge: Eclipse fanMicrobadge: Napoleon's Triumph fanMicrobadge: Combat Commander: Europe fanMicrobadge: Panzer fanMicrobadge: Puerto Rico fan
I am super pleased with my results. I used dummy lists for "type of game protection" and not just "duplicate protection," heh. So, I only got 1 wargame, 1 CCG lot, 1 abstract, 1 light game, 1 party game, etc. plus some of my more desirable targets. Worked fantastically!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Cheng
United States
Catonsville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: BGG.CON attendee
My pet peeve of not checking in luggage (I like to get in and out of the airport fast, especially international flights) restricted me in what and how many games I can offer, as well as what I can take in return. I'm glad it worked out, since Factory Fun and Flowerpower take very little room!

Nothing really caught my eyes except the trade of Reef Encounter for Planet Steam. That's quite a pick up, even if it's the original edition.

Anyway, thanks Mischa!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Fowler
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
Microbadge: ChristianMicrobadge: Queen Games Fresco Contest participantMicrobadge: Titan fanMicrobadge: The Manhattan Project fanMicrobadge: Rice University
If anyone is interested in trying to find more trades, I started a thread:
Still looking for noship trades after the BGGcon Math Trade
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mark_f wrote:
If anyone is interested in trying to find more trades, I started a thread:
Still looking for noship trades after the BGGcon Math Trade
Also don't forget to check out the "who want mine" link for this MT in the OLWLG... folks sometimes find direct trades that way for something someone was trying to trade to get your item that you yourself may not have considered originally (or left off as you heeded the golden rule of MT's, your least desired want is the one you'll likely get)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7  Next »  [7] |