United States
Layton
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Got this in today and sleeved it and broke it out. We just played two quick games and I really, really liked the game. The coins/counters are really nice and very heavy. I can see why Jay said the production cost was higher, those have got to be expensive versus 200 more cards in Intrigue/Dominion.

We found the Pirate Ship was a total blast, except when I lost gold on two consecutive turns on that. Also the Smuggler is a really good card, it worked really well as a starting card and I got a couple of gold off of that each game.

My favorite card hands down is the Island, but it got Embargoed fairly early on both games because of its usefulness. I was able to get all 3 of my Estates out of my hand with Islands one game and it really helped with my hand's power for the whole rest of the game.

My overall impression is that we all liked it better than Intrigue and perhaps even a bit better than the original game in terms of complexity and strategies that you can employ because of the various cards.

Normally I'm a "buy 2-4 cards and build up your gold" sort of guy but I found I couldn't ignore some of the cards this time. We will see how it plays with the kids tonight and we will play again tomorrow afternoon. I'll edit this post and expand on this review then. Thanks again RGG for the excellent product!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1603-1714
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
Now I can add text to my avatar? Sweet! How do I do it?
mbmbmbmbmb
So you sleeved your cards? What sleeves did you use?

Thanks for your comments about the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
That is not Depeche but rather
United States
Grandville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Was that before or after you shipped preorders? ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayday Games
United States
Layton
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It was AFTER! We had to be sure we got all of them out and then we really had to test the game to be sure it worked ok
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.