Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the videos, but it would be great if you included the link in your post.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Steadman
United States
Evans
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Link to what?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The url. The video doesn't show up in my browser. I did a youtube search but couldn't locate the video.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Taylor
United States
Lake Forest
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.youtube.com/v/wDl2op8mIto

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Stewart
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
badge
It's sooo Hot out here...
mbmbmbmbmb
Just another GIMMICK to get the dough...

"STARTER KIT" is the title not...."You should only play this game KIT"

$10 for 3 scenarios and a "board" ???

CMON...starter kits aren't meant to grow with expansions!?! WTH. If you are interested in the SK's then continue on with "FULL ASL" you'll know enough to begin the regular scenarios instead of watered down ASL.

IF more "expansions" come out...you should've just purchased the SL series. Higher quality...

my $.02 worth

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dustin boggs
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
these are my overtexts and
badge
now I am without geek gold :(
mbmbmbmbmb
ninja combat commander review ninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Brady
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Joe, thanks for the review. Value is always in the eye of the beholder , but I'm headed out looking for this today at the FLGS. Already pre-ordered the expansion pack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Bell
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
I know i'm a little late but do you have a link to this game? I can't find it on MMP's website.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Richardson
United States
Lindsborg
Kansas
flag msg tools
mb
Joseph Bell wrote:
I know i'm a little late but do you have a link to this game? I can't find it on MMP's website.

Currently this bonus pack is listed right on the home page of MMP's web site instead of in the ASLSK section. Here's the direct link to the game itself:

http://www.multimanpublishing.com/ASL/prodbp1.php

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge ML
Spain
Madrid
MADRID
flag msg tools
mbmb
Some thoughts about this "package" and the MMP policy regarding ASL/ASLSK articles in the Operations Magazine:

The word "bonus", isn't it related to something that is "free" or short of it?. I perceive the name for this package confusing.

I'd expect something different from this to be considered actually a "package", as it is so light in contents....It is proportionally much more expensive in comparison with each ASLSK module, or even the 1st expansion module.
I frankly would have expected to see this short of materials included in the expansion game-box or similar (for example, with the J8). The equivalents for ASL include a higher number of scenarios and maps (yes, I know, for some more dollars. But don't ignore the fixed shipping costs, that become really a high percentage on the final total cost).

I'd also like to express my disguise around the fact that some ASL and ASLSK articles are published in the Operations magazine, that includes around 80% of its content to games not related with this series. Why don't MMP include all ASL/ASLSK articles in the specific ASL Journal magazine or something similar?. Why I should have to purchase any of the Operations' Special Issues (#1 or 2) in order to learn about VoTG, or get some new scenarios for ASLSK? These Special Issues include some (fun, I do not doubt) extras like short games, that an ASLer ASLSKer doesn't need to be interested in, but in the end this means paying much more dollars to get the articles he is really interested in (not mention the higher shipping costs to Europe).

As a consequence, MMP loses potential buyers for these materials (a Special Issue costs in Europe more than some good boardgames out there). If anybody at MMP reads this, please consider extracting the ASL/ASLSK articles from Operations MAgazine and you will see:

1- How the number of Operations Magazine issues sold drops (maybe this is the reason why MMP is interested in mixing ASL with the rest of their games, as a commercial platform to sell non-ASL games to ASL gamers....
2-How the platform where MMP publishes this contents get a much higher number of issues sold than the current witnessed by present Operations Magazine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonny Lawless
United States
Bountiful
Utah
flag msg tools
Four crazy kids and happy as a clam!
badge
My name is Glenn! Long have I carried Cyrus's hopes and dreams, and now I bear the Masamune as well! Henceforth, I claim them as my own! I shall slay the Fiendlord Magus and restore our honor!
mbmbmbmbmb
Review? This should be "Component overview followed by some random thoughts on ASL and MMP."

I was looking for some info on how the scenarios play or how well the new rules work or anything about the actual pack other than the component list I can read everywhere else.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Steadman
United States
Evans
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the support John... sorry I charged you so much.... maybe if we meet face to face I can pay you back?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Swift
United Kingdom
Ormskirk
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Love your videos Joe
Just bought Phantom Leader and Frontline D-day and B-17 Queen of the Skies on the back of them...
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/55171/going-solo
Keep them coming

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonny Lawless
United States
Bountiful
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
My name is Glenn! Long have I carried Cyrus's hopes and dreams, and now I bear the Masamune as well! Henceforth, I claim them as my own! I shall slay the Fiendlord Magus and restore our honor!
mbmbmbmbmb
JoeSteadman wrote:
Thanks for the support John... sorry I charged you so much.... maybe if we meet face to face I can pay you back?

I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings Joey.

Do you think my criticism of your video is unfounded? It just seems to me that there isn't even anything in the video that indicates that you've played the product in question. A suggestion to buy it to support the company rather than on the merits of what the product offers seems a little out of place.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Steadman
United States
Evans
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LiL Jon....

as far as ASL goes you are right, I can buy a game based on the designer, company, and name. For the Bonus Pack I was able to show you what came with it, who designed each battle, and the show you the map that came with it. What else do you want? It is ASL...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonny Lawless
United States
Bountiful
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JoeSteadman wrote:
LiL Jon....

as far as ASL goes you are right, I can buy a game based on the designer, company, and name. For the Bonus Pack I was able to show you what came with it, who designed each battle, and the show you the map that came with it. What else do you want? It is ASL...

I would have liked to know if the scenarios and map were any good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.