Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » United States » West

Subject: Gamers, game groups and game stores in Salem, OR? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
♫ Eric Herman ♫
United States
West Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I like elephants. I like how they swing through trees.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm coming to Salem next week and will be spending about three weeks there. Are there any regular scheduled game nights or game groups out there? And/or, I might try to arrange a get-together to play games somewhere at some point during that stretch. I have gigs during the day on most days, but many of the nights and weekends I'll have free. I'll be bringing a handful of games, mostly co-op type games that I can play solo in my hotel room as needed (Pandemic, Arkham Horror, etc.), but I'm usually up for playing whatever anyone has to offer and wants to play.

Also, are there any game stores in that general area?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Beau Bailey
United States
Missoula
Montana
flag msg tools
Why don't you believe me?
badge
Seriously, I'm a weasel.
Avatar
mb
Grudunza wrote:
I'm coming to Salem next week and will be spending about three weeks there. Are there any regular scheduled game nights or game groups out there? And/or, I might try to arrange a get-together to play games somewhere at some point during that stretch. I have gigs during the day on most days, but many of the nights and weekends I'll have free. I'll be bringing a handful of games, mostly co-op type games that I can play solo in my hotel room as needed (Pandemic, Arkham Horror, etc.), but I'm usually up for playing whatever anyone has to offer and wants to play.

Also, are there any game stores in that general area?

Yeah, Borderlands is the place to go. They have a regular game night on Wednesday's starting at 6ish. I just moved from there last week, otherwise I could help you out more.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♫ Eric Herman ♫
United States
West Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I like elephants. I like how they swing through trees.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! I'll definitely go there on the 11th, and probably the 18th.

I probably should have included Portland, too, as I can easily drive there on a weekend...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Onstad
United States
Donald
Oregon
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Borderlands Wednesday nights are good. I will definitely be there if you are going to show up. In portland, I know that Gaurdian Games has a game day every other Sunday, but i'm not sure what the shedule is. There was (might still be) a game night at Lucky Lab pub in Portland, I've never been, but btizo has gone. I don't know if it's still active, or not.

Heck let me know when a good day is, and I'll throw a game night at my house (I live halfway between Salem & Portland) I'll even bbq for you. I can probably get at least 3 or 4 people together.


I'm pretty sure Rainy Day Games in Aloha (kinda outside of beaverton still portland area) has a game night, but i'm not certain when sorry.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♫ Eric Herman ♫
United States
West Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I like elephants. I like how they swing through trees.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
xofour wrote:
Borderlands Wednesday nights are good. I will definitely be there if you are going to show up. In portland, I know that Gaurdian Games has a game day every other Sunday, but i'm not sure what the shedule is. There was (might still be) a game night at Lucky Lab pub in Portland, I've never been, but btizo has gone. I don't know if it's still active, or not.

Heck let me know when a good day is, and I'll throw a game night at my house (I live halfway between Salem & Portland) I'll even bbq for you. I can probably get at least 3 or 4 people together.


I'm pretty sure Rainy Day Games in Aloha (kinda outside of beaverton still portland area) has a game night, but i'm not certain when sorry.

Yeah, I can't make it there tomorrow, but I'll definitely be there on the 11th. I appreciate the offer to host another game night sometime, but we can figure that out on the 11th, eh? I'll be in town until, I think, the 21st.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Beau Bailey
United States
Missoula
Montana
flag msg tools
Why don't you believe me?
badge
Seriously, I'm a weasel.
Avatar
mb
Grudunza wrote:
xofour wrote:
Borderlands Wednesday nights are good. I will definitely be there if you are going to show up. In portland, I know that Gaurdian Games has a game day every other Sunday, but i'm not sure what the shedule is. There was (might still be) a game night at Lucky Lab pub in Portland, I've never been, but btizo has gone. I don't know if it's still active, or not.

Heck let me know when a good day is, and I'll throw a game night at my house (I live halfway between Salem & Portland) I'll even bbq for you. I can probably get at least 3 or 4 people together.


I'm pretty sure Rainy Day Games in Aloha (kinda outside of beaverton still portland area) has a game night, but i'm not certain when sorry.

Yeah, I can't make it there tomorrow, but I'll definitely be there on the 11th. I appreciate the offer to host another game night sometime, but we can figure that out on the 11th, eh? I'll be in town until, I think, the 21st.

Chris is an excellent gamer and puts on a good game night. I recommend trying to meet up with him.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave L.
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
Avatar
mb
Guardian Games' meetup in Portland was this past Sunday. The next one will be on the 15th. There are always a lot of people there and easy opportunities to get into games.

There are also usually plenty of other meetups on weeknights in Portland, but none at the schedule at the moment.

http://www.meetup.com/pdxgames/

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Shaffer
United States
San Francisco
CA
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a better link for Portland board game events.

http://boardgamegeek.com/guild/60

The best weekly event (imho) is Lucky Lab, where 20-30+ people show up every Thursday evening.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls