Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Karrde
United Kingdom
Portsmouth
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm coming over to America for a 2 week holiday in January and hoping to take advantage of the dollar to pound rate and prices to pick up some new games.

Any recommendations of decent game shops to visit? I'm staying in central Kissimee and will have car access.

Cheers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Wagner
United States
Wood River
Nebraska
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I recommend all of the above. I'm about 10 miles east of Kissimmee and all of those places are approx. 10 to 15 miles north of Kissimmee. Depending upon what part you'll be in, it'll probably take you 30 to 45 mins to get to the northern stores in Orlando.

However, there's Coliseum of Comics which has some game stuff (mostly Magic and Warhammer) that's in downtown Kissimmee.

Coolstuff will have the best prices, easily, of all of the stores.

Edit: I just noticed that you were a Warhammer fan. Last time I went to Coliseum, they had a lot of Warhammer stuff and use to have a lot of events there. Check out their website.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Soper
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey,

Hi my name's Ted I'm the Games Manager at Coliseum of Comics in Kissimmee, fl. At our location we have the largest collection of board games in the chain, clocking in around 200+ different titles at my last count.

We are at the heart of Downtown Kissimmee, very easy to find.

We always have tables for people to play on and run a board game club every Thursday from 6pm to 10pm (most of the times later.).

Website Link - www.coliseumofcomics.com

Anything you need? email me at teds@coliseumofcomics.com

Thank you,

Ted
Coliseum of Comics Kissimmee
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karrde
United Kingdom
Portsmouth
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the tips.

I managed to find time to make two trips to Cool Stuff and have to say I was blown away.

Firstly what a welcoming bunch of people worked there, who offered lots of advice and couldn't do enough to be helpful. Much different to anything I've experienced in a game shop in the UK.

Secondly a great range of games to choose from and good prices too (even better when factoring exchange rates).

Didn't get a chance to go to Collesium as well sadly, apparently I had to go to theme parks and not just buy games and play them all day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Bacchus
United States
Altamonte Springs
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Check this thread out. It lists some of the places mentioned (plus some more) with google maps (if the is.gd redirects still hold up The is.gd redirects work fine. Look at around the middle of the thread referenced).

If you're into minis gaming, I may suggest Rhubarb Games (again see the other thread) for your fix. If you need any help come back here and shoot a reply out. I've been to most of the gaming venues in the area.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls