Popular Tags: flgs [+] [View All]
Jason Lott
United States
Cheverly
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd just like to give a quick shout-out to an excellent new FLGS that has opened in downtown Asheville, NC.

Blitzkrieg Games is everything you'd hope for in a game shop. They have a good variety of games and expansions, the staff is friendly, and the prices are discounted up to 30% across the board! They also have a lot of tables and are working on regular game nights. And in the immediate area are a variety of restaurants, so you can get a good meal and then go get a good game.

My partner Scott and I happened to be in town this week for a vacation and just stumbled across the store. We of course had to go in, and escaped with just 3 games but could have bought dozens at those prices! I was especially impressed to see some recent Essen releases from Queen Games available.

So check them out if you're in the area and give your support. The owner stated his goal was to match online retailers by offering strong discounts. Here's hoping!

http://www.blitzkrieggames.com/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Betty Dingus
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Why is Asheville so much better now that I'm gone? (Wait, that didn't come out the way I meant it.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Betty Dingus
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
HauRuck wrote:
For me personally they don't have to match the prices online, just reduce the delta in between. They are, after all, providing other value...but never ENOUGH extra value to ALWAYS pay retail.

I agree. My game store does give you 10% back after 10 purchases, but it's still so hard to pay $50 when you can get it for $35 online. (And with the money you save get another game! Or I guess you could buy gas or food or something.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Lott
United States
Cheverly
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Indeed, Jeff - they had a whole lot of wargames, including miniatures. Wargamers should definitely check this place out if you're in the area!

(P.S. I have no affiliation with this store, was just very impressed.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Maurer
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Will you be creating a listing of the games available in your shop for the website? I tried accessing the games section, but it wouldn't do anything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen Vailliencourt
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Very cool! I saw some Ads on BGG about the store and being that I'm in Greenville, SC I am very curious. Will have to stop by next time I'm in Asheville.

Thanks for the heads up!

~Allen
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tanks Alot
United States
Fort Mill
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
go2 Youtube Historical Gaming
mbmbmbmbmb
did they close or move?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Oliver
msg tools
The Wyvern's Tale opened recently: they have tables upstairs for RPGs, board and miniatures games.

https://www.facebook.com/thewyvernstale

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls