BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » United States » Northeast

Subject: New Store in Baltimore rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Thaddeus Walsh
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Hey everyone, this is Thaddeus from Xanadu Games.

We just opened up a couple of weeks ago and I just wanted to give a shout on BGG forums letting people know we're here. We're right by the 95 // 695 Junction south of the city. We are specifically located at:

3921 Vero Rd. Suite B
Baltimore, MD 21227
www.xanadu-games.com

We will be running board game nights on Tuesdays from 2:00 until 10:00. We're interested in becoming a board game hub for the Greater Baltimore and Balto-DC corridor. We're currently stocking what I would consider a decent variety of games in a limited amount of stock as we are still feeling out our customer base.

I'd love to have a whole bunch of board gamers come in, check us out and let us know what you think and what you all would want to see done with our gaming space. Currently we have seating for approximately 60 with expansion potential up to around 160.

If you have any questions, please call us a 410-247-2428.

Thanks,
Thaddeus
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
norman rule
United States
Columbia
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool... even more places to spend my money.

I took the liberty of relaying your information to another thread that's been running on game stores in Maryland. http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/4365302#4365302

Are you in contact with GCOM? They maintain a list of local game stores.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus Walsh
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Wow, thanks for the forward to the other thread.

I'm not really sure how GCOM works but I'm contacting them via email today so I guess I'll get the scoop from them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
norman rule
United States
Columbia
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good luck in your new business! I doubt that I'll get there before the holidays, but I'm sure I'll stop by some time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomello Visello
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FLGS of the USA - A List of Game Store Advice on BGG II

contact

...sure...
Netherlands
Rijen
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
...sure...
Netherlands
Rijen
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Added.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Siebenmann
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
I've been going here quite often since it opened it's very nice and clean, so no Cheeto dust covering the walls. But, I hope some more people decide to come by.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Gorr
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
I might consider showing up on occasion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When you contact GCOM, look into becoming a vendor at Games Days this April.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus Walsh
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Hey all,

To those of you who have checked us out already I'd like to give a big Thanks!!!

As far as our selection, we've expanded a little. Our full board game list will be going up on our website soon. We're still young so we don't have everything we want to carry yet, but special orders are absolutely welcome.

I spoke with some GCOM folks recently and we're waiting to hear back from them. I'm really excited to get some BGG.com folks in, playing some Dominion, Settlers, Power Plant etc.???

If you have any questions check out our site at

www.xanadu-games.com

or call us at

410-247-2428

M: Closed
Tu: 2:00-10:00
Wed: 2:00-10:00
Thur: 1:30-10:00
Fri: 1:00-10:00
Sat: 11:00-10:00

Hope to see you soon!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Kikola
United States
Parkville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting. I'm just northeast of the city, almost directly across, so it's about a half hour drive for me. I don't think I would like to make that trip regularly, but I will try to come in once or twice to look at your selection, and maybe stay for board game night some time.

Incidentally, I noticed a couple of spelling/usage errors on the website home page when I looked at it, e.g. missing apostrophes in the contractions "it's" and "what's," and "coming" rendered as "comming." I haven't looked at the other pages, and while I understand that your specialty is in selling games rather than designing websites, minor flaws in presentation can turn away customers in just about any business.

Good luck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dark Helmet
United States
Ellicott City
MD
flag msg tools
badge
IT'S MEGA MAID! SHE'S GONE FROM SUCK TO BLOW!
mbmbmbmb
YAY a gaming store in this area! I thought they've needed one next to the 3-5 college local to this area for a while now. I work right up the street @ UPS. I'll be stopping by this Saturday to check you out.

I also demo for ZMan games, I'll talk to you this weekend about it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dark Helmet
United States
Ellicott City
MD
flag msg tools
badge
IT'S MEGA MAID! SHE'S GONE FROM SUCK TO BLOW!
mbmbmbmb
Great Store!! FLGS for Baltimore/Catonsville/Arbutus and it's CLEAN (because it's new, about 1 month old).

Time to change that boys and girls, and dirty it up a bit!

Great turnout on the Tuesday Board Game Night with the GCOM folks and the local fans of the store & the Sunday Z-Man Board Game Demos. There were easily 20+ players I could see at the Tuesday event!

I look forward to this Sunday & Tuesday.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Rqthstar
United States
Laurel
Maryland
flag msg tools
Come together, together as one
badge
Perhaps in a perfect world, the ring would be a symbol of happiness
mbmb
Cool! I plan to check this out tomorrow around 5. I hve a lot of great unplayed euros I'd like to try out (t&e, caylus, goa, genoa, maharaja, taj mahal, pandemic otb etc, check out my collection.) if anything sounds interesting let me know, otherwise I'll just grab a few things at random. Hope to see some folks there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Rqthstar
United States
Laurel
Maryland
flag msg tools
Come together, together as one
badge
Perhaps in a perfect world, the ring would be a symbol of happiness
mbmb
Tuesday was a blast. Thanks for the heads up on this great store!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Gorr
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
Xanadugames wrote:
Hey everyone, this is Thaddeus from Xanadu Games.

We will be running board game nights on Tuesdays from 2:00 until 10:00.

I was just wondering if this is still going on on Tuesday evenings and how many players generally show up...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D S
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I stopped by today & it appears the shop's weekday hours have changed, now opening at 3 & not 1:30.

Thaddeus, how big is the gaming space? I do some TD'ing of Heroscape events & I like to keep tabs on area shops that might be able to accommodate. How many 6' (or 8') tables?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wink
United States
Eagleville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Baltimore has to be considered the boardgaming capital of the U.S. This makes at least 4 stores in the Greater Baltimore Area. Hosted WBC for years. Birthplace of Charles S. Roberts and the Avalon Hill Game Company. Home to The Games Club of MD (GCOM) and the numerous events they hold around the area. What other area has as much rich boardgame history and has the community to support this many FLGS’s today?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls