Jamie Campbell
United Kingdom
Gosport
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Genius idea, pay it forward.

I don't know why we can't just get an avatar when we join anyhoo, but I'd certainly be greatfull for a leg up.

CHEERS

Jamie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Campbell
United Kingdom
Gosport
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Many thanks to Zakoholic for the gift of an Avatar. I will pay it forward.

https://boardgamegeek.com/user/Zakoholic

Kind regards

Jamie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gadush Holl
Germany
Mönchengladbach
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The5thApe wrote:

Kind regards

Jamie

You should buy some microbadges!
Best Regards
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
Enter something witty here
badge
These aren't really my legs
mbmbmbmbmb
The5thApe wrote:

I don't know why we can't just get an avatar when we join anyhoo, but I'd certainly be greatfull for a leg up.

CHEERS

Jamie

Well, I think the original idea was to either spend money to support the site and unlock one, OR to contribute to the geek and get geekgold that way. In this forum you can find this thread on how to earn geek gold. Submitting game photos, creating new boardgame entries, stuff like that can earn you the geekgold needed to buy an avatar.

Of course, over time this thread came about and thanks to geek gold deflation (year end donor drive) there are plenty of people happy to give geek gold.

So yes it is a bit odd they just aren't given out automatically these days but I think the original idea was to support the site in one form or another.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Campbell
United Kingdom
Gosport
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
redeux wrote:
The5thApe wrote:

CHEERS

Jamie

Well, I think the original idea was to either spend money to support the site and unlock one, OR to contribute to the geek and get geekgold that way. In this forum you can find this thread on how to earn geek gold. Submitting game photos, creating new boardgame entries, stuff like that can earn you the geekgold needed to buy an avatar.

Of course, over time this thread came about and thanks to geek gold deflation (year end donor drive) there are plenty of people happy to give geek gold.

So yes it is a bit odd they just aren't given out automatically these days but I think the original idea was to support the site in one form or another.

Good reply. Understood, thanks. I'll try and make some contributions and pay my gift forward to someone else.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Campbell
United Kingdom
Gosport
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gadush wrote:
The5thApe wrote:

Kind regards

Jamie

You should buy some microbadges!
Best Regards

I will, thanks for the extra GG. You sir, are an absolute gent.

I will now endeavour to make some of my own GG and do someone else the favour.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vasilis Z
Greece
Zakynthos
flag msg tools
Hello to all members!As a new member and a quite new boardgamer I would like your help getting some gg to buy avatar and stuff like that!Please forgive my ignorance if there is other way and cant see it..I hope a day will make a good action as yours and be able to repay the favour at a new guy as I am right now!Thanks for your time!Be well!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vasilis Z
Greece
Zakynthos
flag msg tools
Berethorr wrote:
Hello to all members!As a new member and a quite new boardgamer I would like your help getting some gg to buy avatar and stuff like that!Please forgive my ignorance if there is other way and cant see it..I hope a day will make a good action as yours and be able to repay the favour at a new guy as I am right now!Thanks for your time!Be well!

Ι want to thank you guys for your immediate response!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Invergo
United States
Plainfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Long time tabletop gamer, but short timer here at BGG. I try to post when I can, but my profile seems so... naked... would love some help for an avatar and perhaps eventually some micro badges. Good people of BGG, can you help me? Many promises to pay forward. Cheers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Invergo
United States
Plainfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mother of... man you guys are fast! What was that, 4 minutes? Thank you! I'll get me a right purdy avatar and a shiny new micro badge asap and then get to paying it forward. Thanks again!
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mauricio Alcoba T.
Bolivia
Tarija
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I saw this very late. I just got 30 coins uploading photos and sharing files after several months. I need microbanges now... maybe several more months or maybe with your help I could do it soon... (sorry for my english)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Austin
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty new here and would love some help getting an avatar! Just some background on myself.

I live in Winchester, Virginia and game mostly with family. We enjoy Fantasy Flight games and they have some really high quality products. The kids are into Pokemon stuff right now, collecting the cards and doing that kind of gaming.

While new to 'board games', I have been a video gamer since the 70's.

Anyone in the area interested in getting together, let me know, and anyone who can help me with my avatar that would be AWESOME!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike M
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hello there for Germany!

Love the BGG site and the content generated by all the active users. Especially because of this type of "helping" threads. I would also highly appreciate to receive some help to get an avatar.

I am playing since 5-6 years. Everything started with "7 Wonders" which is still one of my all-time favourites simply because of the good old memories related to this game.

Now, my focus is on area control (Blood Rage), Co-op (Legends of Andor) and recently Dungeon Crawl (Gloomhaven, yeeey!)

Located very close to Essen in the lovely city Düsseldorf. Let me know if you want to connect throughout Essen '17.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Austin
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, thank you everyone! Now to pick an avatar.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Goh
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello! Like many here, I'm a long-time lurker, first time poster. I've recently decided finally push myself to participate because I realized that there's a lot more I could learn by joining in the discussion, rather than just observing from afar. I'm also working on a new board game project which I hope to get input on, and I think an avatar would really help in lending credibility to my oh-so-naked profile!

I've currently accumulated 6 gold (I had 8 but I gave 2 away recently to two people for their amazing feedback on a question I had posted), so just 24 gold would be enough. Please help a fellow geek?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Goh
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Holy moley! I asked for 24 gold, and I got more than double instead. It's as though the community here will by default overdeliver when asked for help Thank you all so much! Looking forward to paying it forward.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Boy Wonder
United States
Laramie
Wyoming
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This morning I got a phone call from an anonymous number and the voice on the other end, which was heavily modulated, told me that if I didn't obtain an avatar in 24 hours he would start emptying the contents of my board games into an industrial kitchen blender. I immediately ran to my board game closet and found that it was empty--every last cube and meeple, gone.

Please help! The police aren't taking me seriously.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claudio Moratto
Netherlands
Leiden
flag msg tools
mb
Hi all,
not been active on BGG for long time, now it is time to give board games (and BGG) the priority they deserve! Was I any good? Did I earn the right of an avatar?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Boy Wonder
United States
Laramie
Wyoming
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you all so much!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claudio Moratto
Netherlands
Leiden
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks, placed a temporary avatar, now I'll be thinking what actually use!
You are great, feeling part of a big community.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paolo Desalvo
Italy
Country side area north of Rome
flag msg tools
badge
I'm a feder-allergic and I blame the Klingon for not having smashed the Federation in time to save us from Star Trek serials.
mbmbmbmbmb
Claudinko wrote:
Thanks, placed a temporary avatar, now I'll be thinking what actually use!
You are great, feeling part of a big community.

Perfect! In case report back when you have your final avatar, so we can note it. cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
new user
Greeting from California! I am excited to join the BGG community and spend time chatting with other who are interested in the hobby. Hopefully I can have one of the nice shiny avatars soon as well! whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy The Kid
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello! I was directed here. Is it possible to get enough GG to get an avatar? Thank you to anybody that is able to help me with this!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L. C.
Netherlands
Amsterdam
flag msg tools
Hi! I am new to the site, but I'm into boardgames since about 10 years. I've been lurking on the site for long, but only recently I've decided to register an account. Now I'm trying to figure out how to gain enough GG to get an avatar... and here it is this amazing thread! Thanks everyone for your help!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marius Friedrichs
Germany
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Locke_C wrote:
Hi! I am new to the site, but I'm into boardgames since about 10 years. I've been lurking on the site for long, but only recently I've decided to register an account. Now I'm trying to figure out how to gain enough GG to get an avatar... and here it is this amazing thread! Thanks everyone for your help!

We got you covered. Welcome to BGG and enjoy your stay!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  360 , 361 , 362 , 363 , 364  Next »  [364] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.