Naperville
IL
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
StormKnight wrote:
This looks awesome!

The one request I'd make is for an option to sort by user rating as well as BGG rating.

I don't much care what the rest of you people think of my games :p
To do this:
1. Choose View As > Grid.
2. Click Edit Columns, then make sure My Rating is selected.
3. Click the My Rating header to sort by your rating.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, guess I wasn't clear.

At the moment, you can use the BGG rating as a criteria when it filters the collection with the sliders on the left.

I'd like to have user rating as an option under the filter section as well.

Sorry if that came out wrong!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Mansell
United States
Naperville
IL
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
StormKnight wrote:
Sorry, guess I wasn't clear.

At the moment, you can use the BGG rating as a criteria when it filters the collection with the sliders on the left.

I'd like to have user rating as an option under the filter section as well.

Sorry if that came out wrong!
Ah, I see. Okay -- not sure the best way to implement that, but I'll keep it in mind!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cheevers
United Kingdom
Liverpool
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's working fine with the new version. It's looking good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexey Babaitsev
Russia
Moscow (Postal Code 115597)
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool! it works perfectly on my Vista.

Feature request: it would be fantastic if it was possible to assign selection propability values to games before they are randomly selected.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Mansell
United States
Naperville
IL
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Imploded wrote:
Cool! it works perfectly on my Vista.

Feature request: it would be fantastic if it was possible to assign selection propability values to games before they are randomly selected.
Hahaha, why not just choose the game to which you gave the highest probability value? It's the one you really want to play!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
Germany
Near Aachen
NRW
flag msg tools
designer
badge
This is my brand new OverText :-)
mbmbmbmbmb
HiHo,

while installing, I get an error "Fehlernr. 3003" shake

I installed Adobe Air by Hand, but still the same error.

I use Windows 7.

Best regards
Chris
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Ridgway
United States
Fairfax Station
Virginia
flag msg tools
How much for the little game in the window?
badge
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
mbmbmbmbmb
Does this have a way to exclude types of games from a search? For example, my sister won't play bidding games so I'd like to be able to search for anything but bidding games that fit the other criteria.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexey Babaitsev
Russia
Moscow (Postal Code 115597)
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Hahaha, why not just choose the game to which you gave the highest probability value? It's the one you really want to play!

Well, actually it would be easier for a group of players to choose a game. Right now we do it with IDKWDYWTP cards: give each player a few tokens, players bet them on cards (there can be more then 1 bet per card) -- then we roll a D20, count bet tokens from left to right and choose the game. We had many systems -- but this is the best for now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Mansell
United States
Naperville
IL
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Vetinari wrote:
Does this have a way to exclude types of games from a search? For example, my sister won't play bidding games so I'd like to be able to search for anything but bidding games that fit the other criteria.
Sounds good. Will include in the next update.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Mansell
United States
Naperville
IL
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Imploded wrote:
Quote:
Hahaha, why not just choose the game to which you gave the highest probability value? It's the one you really want to play! ;)

Well, actually it would be easier for a group of players to choose a game. Right now we do it with IDKWDYWTP cards: give each player a few tokens, players bet them on cards (there can be more then 1 bet per card) -- then we roll a D20, count bet tokens from left to right and choose the game. We had many systems -- but this is the best for now. :)
Ah, I see. Okay, I'll come up with something for the next update :)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Michel Petit
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the great tool! surprise

It's amazing what people do with some creativity. Great job!

Cheers from Montreal

Jean-Michel
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Thompson
Australia
Brisbane
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow! Very nice. Thanks for spending the time it took to make this.

Would it be possible to show all mechanics and categories, other than just the ones I own games in?

The reason I ask is that I am interested in which mechanics and categories I don't own any games for (so that I can try out something different). This looks like a great way to find out.

Thanks again
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Mansell
United States
Naperville
IL
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tycalt wrote:
Wow! Very nice. Thanks for spending the time it took to make this.

Would it be possible to show all mechanics and categories, other than just the ones I own games in?

The reason I ask is that I am interested in which mechanics and categories I don't own any games for (so that I can try out something different). This looks like a great way to find out.

Thanks again :)
Haha, the exact opposite request of somebody else. I just can't win... ;) Seriously, though, I don't think there's a good way for me to do this, unfortunately. The API just gives me the mechanics and category info for each game I load. I would have to find a way to load a master list, which I don't know how to do at the moment. I'll put it on my list of possible enhancements, though.

New update should be out shortly. Thanks everyone for the kind words, thumbs, and GG, and keep the feedback coming!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Thompson
Australia
Brisbane
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wilikai wrote:
The API just gives me the mechanics and category info for each game I load. I would have to find a way to load a master list

Ahh that makes perfect sense. Never mind.

Here's another idea: Have a minimum number of words for the comment selected with the talk me into/outof it buttons. I got a comment that said "reviewed" which didn't help much. A quick word/character count before display would get much better quality comments (most of the time anyway).

Cheers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Crawford
United States
Pacifica
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fun stuff!

One game keeps coming up for me: Second Season, no matter what I set the # of players to. Second Season is listed as for just 1 player, so it should have been filtered out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Mansell
United States
Naperville
IL
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gatchaman wrote:
Fun stuff!

One game keeps coming up for me: Second Season, no matter what I set the # of players to. Second Season is listed as for just 1 player, so it should have been filtered out.
This is a bug. Good catch. I'll include it in the next update, which should be out tonight or tomorrow morning.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric O. LEBIGOT
France
Versailles
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Beautiful! It works perfectly with my Mac OS X! Congratulations!

There is one feature that I would appreciate: a finer scale on the "weight" slider. In fact, a 2.0 weight is very much different from a 2.4 or a 2.9 weight (e.g., Iliad, Dominion, and Race for the Galaxy). Hopefully this would not be too difficult to implement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Meng Tan
Australia
Bridgeman Downs
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tssgery wrote:
tssgery wrote:
Wilikai wrote:
tssgery wrote:
Not hurrying you, but my "Load Collection" Dialog is still just sitting there, even with the updated version... Are there any diagnostics I can get for you, or am I missing something obvious?
I'm not sure what to tell you. Are you loading your "owned" collection? Loading your collection works fine for me and I'm not sure how to diagnose it. Can anyone else try loading the collection for tssgery and tell us if you see the issue?

My son, running on MACOS, can load my collection just fine (we are trying just the 'owned')... It's got to be something with my system... I am running the 64bit Adobe Flash so maybe that's my problem.

Don't worry about me... I've got another computer I can run it on if I'm the only one that sees this...

And, the app looks great BTW... very handy!

I got it... turns out the problem was I was running the 32bit Air (Adobe does not have a 64 bit version for Linux) and the 64bit version of flash.

Here is what I did to get it to work (from the Adobe AIR Knowledgebase)...

Quote:
eric@ubuntu:/opt/WhatToPlay/share/META-INF/AIR$ sudo getlibs -l libgnome-keyring.so
libgnome-keyring.so: libgnome-keyring-dev
The following i386 packages will be installed:
libgnome-keyring-dev
Continue [Y/n]? y
Downloading ...
Installing libraries ...
eric@ubuntu:/opt/WhatToPlay/share/META-INF/AIR$ sudo getlibs -l libgnome-keyring.so.0
libgnome-keyring.so.0: libgnome-keyring0
libgnome-keyring0
Continue [Y/n]? y
Downloading ...
Installing libraries ...
eric@ubuntu:/opt/WhatToPlay/share/META-INF/AIR$ sudo getlibs -l libgnome-keyring.so.0.1.1
libgnome-keyring.so.0.1.1: libgnome-keyring0
libgnome-keyring0
Continue [Y/n]? y
Downloading ...
Installing libraries ...
eric@ubuntu:/opt/WhatToPlay/share/META-INF/AIR$ sudo cp /usr/lib/libadobecertstore.so /usr/lib32

Thanks for the instructions, I'm in the same boat with 64-bit Ubuntu.

I did need to install getlibs first, though.

The deb can be found at http://frozenfox.freehostia.com/cappy/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Mansell
United States
Naperville
IL
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lebigot wrote:
Beautiful! It works perfectly with my Mac OS X! Congratulations!

There is one feature that I would appreciate: a finer scale on the "weight" slider. In fact, a 2.0 weight is very much different from a 2.4 or a 2.9 weight (e.g., Iliad, Dominion, and Race for the Galaxy). Hopefully this would not be too difficult to implement. :)
Sounds reasonable. Adding to the next release.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Meng Tan
Australia
Bridgeman Downs
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I did find that sometimes with "Include Expansions" checked, that I had multiple instances of both base games and expansions, but fortunately/unfortunately, I can't recreate that bug for a screenshot.

Minor suggestion - perhaps in future the links could point to boardgame.geekdo.com instead of boardgamegeek.com?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robby Timmermans
Belgium
Wellen
flag msg tools
badge
-- -- parkibricks -- --
mbmbmbmbmb
Wilikai wrote:
michaeldavidcox wrote:
Very nice. No problems running or anything.

I'd like to download all my Owned games but then hide those that are also marked For Trade or some other status. Is that possible?
Thanks, glad to hear it.

What you're looking for isn't a current option, no. I can find a way to add it if there's demand, though.

+1
I would like to be able to filter on owned, wishlist, ... without having to reload everything from bgg.

EDIT: also, post the update date somewhere on the webpage (and maybe the version number). That way I know if I have the latest version
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Mansell
United States
Naperville
IL
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fatum wrote:

EDIT: also, post the update date somewhere on the webpage (and maybe the version number). That way I know if I have the latest version :)
It checks for a new version every time you start. In other words, you always have the latest! I added the version info to the page anyway.

An update is in! New stuff:

* Fixed small bug with 1-player-only games (thanks gatchaman)
* Changed scale on weight slider to allow for finer tuning (thanks lebigot)
* Added voting system to randomizer (thanks Imploded)
* Added ability to filter by user rating instead of BGG rating (thanks StormKnight)
* Added "Do not match" to mechanic & category filtering (thanks Vetinari)
* Fixed mechanic & category filtering (thanks lflurie)
* Fixed history error (thanks lflurie)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martijn Uittenhout
Netherlands
Hazerswoude
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you very much! It's perfect and I'm using it right now to decide which games to play tonight...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robby Timmermans
Belgium
Wellen
flag msg tools
badge
-- -- parkibricks -- --
mbmbmbmbmb
When filtering on user rating, the games that aren't rated are always included. Is it possible to change this so that if the sliders aren't on 1 and 10, the N/A ratings aren't included ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [19] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.