Jennifer Schlickbernd
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh and doing secondary sorts while in Grid view so I can sort on time and then on BGG rating or vice versa.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Mansell
United States
Naperville
IL
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
benfriedberg1981 wrote:
Any chance that the selection might be extended to a guild's collection? I was poking around the api and didn't see a way to grab it... Maybe a way to just have multiple user names be included and put the list of available games together from those individual pieces...

Interesting... makes sense. I'll add it to the list of future enhancements. Thanks for the feedback!

jschlickbernd wrote:
Oh and doing secondary sorts while in Grid view so I can sort on time and then on BGG rating or vice versa.

Cool, will do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric O. LEBIGOT
France
Versailles
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wilikai wrote:

An update is in! New stuff:

* Changed scale on weight slider to allow for finer tuning (thanks lebigot)
Great! Many thanks!

I second the idea of adding a "best+recommended for N players by at least X % of the voters" feature.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ŁṲÎS̈
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
F*** it! Do it LIVE!
badge
Didn't know what to spend all this sweet GG on, so I bought the overtext.
mbmbmbmbmb
Wilikai wrote:
monteslu wrote:
How would you get this info? The api only shows min and max player info.

You can get it with the stats information. For an example, check out the XML for Apples to Apples' stats here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/xmlapi/boardgame/74?stats=1

Cool. I was trying to find it on the collection api
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felix Rodriguez
United States
Somerville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Amazing app. Can't wait till Air gets an android port so I can put it in my phone...

My only suggestion: I'd like to see my own comments on each game in the software. (Ditto the has parts box, and the trade condition box).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Mansell
United States
Naperville
IL
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kaelistus wrote:
Amazing app. Can't wait till Air gets an android port so I can put it in my phone...

My only suggestion: I'd like to see my own comments on each game in the software. (Ditto the has parts box, and the trade condition box).

Once you click on a game, if you have comments on it, they will be shown towards the right side of the screen, under "My Comment".

Can you elaborate on the other two? If you can tell me a game or games in your collection that have that data added, I can check to see if that information is available through the API and, if so, add it to WhatToPlay.

Thanks for the feedback!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felix Rodriguez
United States
Somerville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Ahh I had misse the My comment line. Awesome.

Here's two examples on the other two:

Breakthrough - has a Parts comment of mine that says:
Playable with a Chessboard.

Descent - has a trade condition comment of mine that says:
Well of Darkness, Tomb of Ice, Altar of Despair expansions.

For anyone who asks: Yes I do use these fields kind of weirdly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Mansell
United States
Naperville
IL
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Microbadge is now available! Thanks again to Topper Harley and fatum for their efforts. http://www.boardgamegeek.com/microbadge/12180
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
Germany
Near Aachen
NRW
flag msg tools
designer
badge
This is my brand new OverText :-)
mbmbmbmbmb
The Microbadge is really nice
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Curran
United States
White Plains
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Excellent tool for managing games locally; I really like it. BGG's web interface for managing games is good but it is somewhat slow over the net.

benfriedberg1981 wrote:
Any chance that the selection might be extended to a guild's collection?

I would also like to see the ability to see multiple people of my choice at once as well as a entire guild. Then I'd like to see each persons "Want to play" option to setup games with them.

Great job so far!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Bryan
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd like an option to remove games from my list so when I reload the list I don't have to go through and uncheck all the games that I own but will never have a desire to play. I could just rate them all 1's I guess but some of the games I never played and don't want to rate them if I never tried them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karel Berka
Czech Republic
Olomouc
Olomouc
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder what means Standard Deviation which can be viewed in the selection.

And I pledge you, if you can add a comment column for there are sometimes useful information (typicaly - whom I have lend the game, or where in which city selection I can find it)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Mansell
United States
Naperville
IL
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
krapnik wrote:
I wonder what means Standard Deviation which can be viewed in the selection.

And I pledge you, if you can add a comment column for there are sometimes useful information (typicaly - whom I have lend the game, or where in which city selection I can find it)

Honestly, I don't know the specifics behind the Standard Deviation history -- I just include it because the API gives me the data, so why not?

The comments column request seems reasonable. I'll add it to the ever-growing list.

I expect to have another update out in a few hours. It won't cover all of the requests, but should knock out some of them at least.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karel Berka
Czech Republic
Olomouc
Olomouc
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, that would be great. Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristopher Chesney
United States
Oceanside
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is awesome. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodney Loyd
United States
Sand Springs
OK
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome dude!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Boes
United States
Saint Joseph
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd like to suggest that you give some visual feedback in the "Filter Collection" section. E.g., where the "number of players" slider is, show the actual selected value ("Number of players: 4") -- the slider is really hard to read and the difference between 4 and 5, or 6 and 7, is pretty small.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Mansell
United States
Naperville
IL
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MurWiz wrote:
I'd like to suggest that you give some visual feedback in the "Filter Collection" section. E.g., where the "number of players" slider is, show the actual selected value ("Number of players: 4") -- the slider is really hard to read and the difference between 4 and 5, or 6 and 7, is pretty small.

Already added in the upcoming version. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Mansell
United States
Naperville
IL
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Version 1.04 is up!

* Added column for My Comments (thanks krapnik)
* Added full slider for My Rating instead of hybrid
* View settings now save upon exit (thanks crquin)
* Added parts and trade condition fields (thanks krapnik)
* Increased visibility of slider numbers (thanks jschlickbernd)
* Added voting to Large Icon and Grid views
* Added more detailed voting system explanation (thanks dr_canak)
* Added support for decimal values in user ratings (thanks EndersGame)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Bryan
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
after updating the program use data from previous load doesn't work no matter how many times I open then close the program.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Mansell
United States
Naperville
IL
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kodarr wrote:
after updating the program use data from previous load doesn't work no matter how many times I open then close the program.

Oops, great catch. 1.05 is up now and fixes the problem. Sorry about that!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Bryan
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I'm not sure if you meant that it would save what was checked and what was unchecked. Because when I open it now the unchecked games show back up as checked and are viewed on the screen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Mansell
United States
Naperville
IL
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kodarr wrote:

I'm not sure if you meant that it would save what was checked and what was unchecked. Because when I open it now the unchecked games show back up as checked and are viewed on the screen.

Nope, right now it just saves the view and any columns you had in grid view. I've logged the issue you reported as a different task to be included in another update soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felix Rodriguez
United States
Somerville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mb
New version is great! Am amazed you got my feature request in so fast. Thanks a lot, Dave.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Houserule Jay
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great app thank you!

Some comments:

Time to play - It would be nice to have the scale work the opposite way or maybe both ways with 2 scales. That is sliding the scale gets rid of the longer games, this way when you want to play something under 2 hours you can eliminate certain games.

Number of players - Same suggestion as above, need the ability to only see 2 player games and eliminate the rest so a reverse scale added to have with the other one.

Maybe the only other thing I can think of just now is to have some info customizable. An example is "Katzenjammer Blues" is a great game with 3 players but would be terible with 5 players. Would be great if on the game inside the app I could mark how many players it shows up in searches for. This way searching for 5 player games I dont have to see this result everytime since it is not a good option for me anyway. Right now Wits and Wagers shows up if I plug in 3 players, that is something I am never going to play with 3 players but with 5 or 6 yes for sure. Many examples, 2 players "Modern Art" comes up, etc. This is somewhat subjective also so going by the BGG "suggested number of players" or "best with" is not going to be the optimal way to implement the # of player issue, best each person gets to decide so hopefully its possible! This will make a huge difference, I have it this way on my excel sheet version of this and its great, problem is when you buy new games, your app solves this!

Thanks again!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6  Next »  [19] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.