IL
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jayjonbeach wrote:
Great app thank you!

Some comments:

Time to play - It would be nice to have the scale work the opposite way or maybe both ways with 2 scales. That is sliding the scale gets rid of the longer games, this way when you want to play something under 2 hours you can eliminate certain games.

Number of players - Same suggestion as above, need the ability to only see 2 player games and eliminate the rest so a reverse scale added to have with the other one.

Maybe the only other thing I can think of just now is to have some info customizable. An example is "Katzenjammer Blues" is a great game with 3 players but would be terible with 5 players. Would be great if on the game inside the app I could mark how many players it shows up in searches for. This way searching for 5 player games I dont have to see this result everytime since it is not a good option for me anyway. Right now Wits and Wagers shows up if I plug in 3 players, that is something I am never going to play with 3 players but with 5 or 6 yes for sure. Many examples, 2 players "Modern Art" comes up, etc. This is somewhat subjective also so going by the BGG "suggested number of players" or "best with" is not going to be the optimal way to implement the # of player issue, best each person gets to decide so hopefully its possible! This will make a huge difference, I have it this way on my excel sheet version of this and its great, problem is when you buy new games, your app solves this!

Thanks again!

Thanks for the feedback. I'm not sure what you mean about the sliders, though. If you want a game under two hours, just drag the right marker to 120 minutes. If you want a 2-player game only, drag both markers on that slider to 2. Perhaps you haven't noticed that each slider has two markers? If not, please let me know what I'm missing here.

As for the optimal # of players stuff, there's a little bit of that in the Polls section when you click on a game, but you're right, it could use a filter. It's on my to-do list already, but I'll need some time to figure out the best way to calculate/display it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robby Timmermans
Belgium
Wellen
flag msg tools
badge
-- -- parkibricks -- --
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I found a few bugs:

In grid view, when sorting on name, I always get "Ghost Stories: Chuck No-Rice" as the first option, then a bunch of Agricola. Another game that isn't sorted: "a la Carte", this one floats between ghost stories and het spel der tronen.

The following might be related to the previous: when clicking on the name column, it always sort from a to z, never from z to a. I guess this is related to the weird sorting, since the other columns don't give any problems.

EDIT: would it be possible to have a mouse-over showing the complete MyComment field since there isn't any horizontal scrolling ?

EDIT2: in grid view, when voting for a game, it jumps to another place in the list. After resorting it's back on its normal place.

EDIT3: being able to sort the votes column would be handy to see which games I gave a greater chance of getting picked.

EDIT4: it now remebers the columns selected (great !), but not the width of the column. Could you add that ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Houserule Jay
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wilikai wrote:
jayjonbeach wrote:
Great app thank you!

Some comments:

Time to play - It would be nice to have the scale work the opposite way or maybe both ways with 2 scales. That is sliding the scale gets rid of the longer games, this way when you want to play something under 2 hours you can eliminate certain games.

Number of players - Same suggestion as above, need the ability to only see 2 player games and eliminate the rest so a reverse scale added to have with the other one.

Maybe the only other thing I can think of just now is to have some info customizable. An example is "Katzenjammer Blues" is a great game with 3 players but would be terible with 5 players. Would be great if on the game inside the app I could mark how many players it shows up in searches for. This way searching for 5 player games I dont have to see this result everytime since it is not a good option for me anyway. Right now Wits and Wagers shows up if I plug in 3 players, that is something I am never going to play with 3 players but with 5 or 6 yes for sure. Many examples, 2 players "Modern Art" comes up, etc. This is somewhat subjective also so going by the BGG "suggested number of players" or "best with" is not going to be the optimal way to implement the # of player issue, best each person gets to decide so hopefully its possible! This will make a huge difference, I have it this way on my excel sheet version of this and its great, problem is when you buy new games, your app solves this!

Thanks again!

Thanks for the feedback. I'm not sure what you mean about the sliders, though. If you want a game under two hours, just drag the right marker to 120 minutes. If you want a 2-player game only, drag both markers on that slider to 2. Perhaps you haven't noticed that each slider has two markers? If not, please let me know what I'm missing here.

As for the optimal # of players stuff, there's a little bit of that in the Polls section when you click on a game, but you're right, it could use a filter. It's on my to-do list already, but I'll need some time to figure out the best way to calculate/display it.

Ah yes so that is why there were 2 sliders .... blush

Great! This helps a lot for sure.

Yeah a opp player # filter that each person could customize would be awesome, I think essential really as I mentioned otherwise with a big collection you still get too many results. Even with the slider on ONLY 2 player games (both sliders) I am getting far too many results and many of them are not really 2 player games, Heimloch & Co, PitchCar, Balderdash, etc can all play 2 but almost no one will ever bother. (although I'm sure someone somewhere out there may love these as 2 player )

Being able to change the time to play for some games could be helpful too since many of the games on BGG are misrepresented.

EDIT - Not sure if it was suggested yet but being able to "save" some searches after filters have been applied, some results excluded/hidden etc would be a great feature too, they could be named too like, "6 player unplayed games" and/or "6 player under 90 minutes light games", etc. This would be awesome actually as in the future you could look up your old searches instead of having to re-do them everytime, at least 10 saved searhces would be awesome.

Thanks again!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I will not rest until Biblios is in the Top 100. - Steve Oksienik
United States
Howell
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Well I been watchin' while you been coughin, I've been drinking life while you've been nauseous, and so I drink to health while you kill yourself and I got just one thing that I can offer... Go on and save yourself and take it out on me
mbmbmbmbmb
Absolutely awesome. Truly great work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Worm
Australia
Townsville
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wilikai wrote:
Version 1.04 is up!

* Added column for My Comments (thanks krapnik)
* Added full slider for My Rating instead of hybrid
* View settings now save upon exit (thanks crquin)
* Added parts and trade condition fields (thanks krapnik)
* Increased visibility of slider numbers (thanks jschlickbernd)
* Added voting to Large Icon and Grid views
* Added more detailed voting system explanation (thanks dr_canak)
* Added support for decimal values in user ratings (thanks EndersGame)

Dave, you are one slick dude!
Save on exit is exactly as I imagined - works perfectly and I can't believe how quickly you added it in. Super work mate, I love this app.

Edit: I was debating about becoming a supporter, and this app is one of the things that tipped me over into putting some cash into BGG - great stuff!

Worm
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Royce Hix
United States
Mequon
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a terrific little program! I have it on my desktop now but will be putting it on my laptop soon as well.

I have to second the requests for saved subsets for a different reason. For instance, I'm heading up to my parents' house with about 15 games. I'd like to be able to check only these games and save them as a subset like 'parents' house 12-31-09'. Then if we do voting or start hiding games people aren't interested in, when I click Reset Hidden, it will only reset back to my original subset of 15.

Even without subsets this will work great - I'll just have to work with Undo Hidden and be careful. Keep up the good work!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Cinzori
United States
Holland
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there a way to find my 2-player-only games. That is, if I want to find games that take neither more nor less than 2 players rather than games that take 2 players among many other options, can I do that?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Tullsen
United States
VANCOUVER
WA
flag msg tools
designer
48 hour turnaround time for Prototypes!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
WonderCinz wrote:
Is there a way to find my 2-player-only games. That is, if I want to find games that take neither more nor less than 2 players rather than games that take 2 players among many other options, can I do that?

Drag both sliders to "2 players" and that should do it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anders Olin
Finland
Vasa
flag msg tools
badge
Justice for the 96!
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a fantastic application!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Canar
United States
Des Plaines
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah,

this is a really nice application. This is what the BGG search feature *should* be modeled after. Very nicely done.

jeff
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Mattlokk
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fantastic application... Bravo Sir!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Mansell
United States
Naperville
IL
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for all the praise, guys. Sorry the updates have slowed down -- don't worry, I'm not even close to done putting in all the great features you guys have suggested. I'm just enjoying a long weekend with friends and family. Hope everyone is having a great new year's!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Cinzori
United States
Holland
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Howitzer_120mm wrote:
WonderCinz wrote:

Drag both sliders to "2 players" and that should do it.

No, it doesn't...even if I check the required box for number of players. It still leaves Formula De, for example, that takes 2-10 players. Any other ideas?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Cinzori
United States
Holland
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Small bug: When I sort on My Rating after restricting the range of My Rating (to 7-10 for example), the 10s show up in the list in the position in which you expect the 0s to be. That is, they're listed in the order 10, 7, 8, 9 or 9, 8, 7, 10.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robby Timmermans
Belgium
Wellen
flag msg tools
badge
-- -- parkibricks -- --
mbmbmbmbmb
WonderCinz wrote:
.even if I check the required box for number of players. It still leaves Formula De, for example, that takes 2-10 players. Any other ideas?

Did you drag both the left and the right slider to 2 ?
I at first also forgot the second slider blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Cinzori
United States
Holland
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fatum wrote:
WonderCinz wrote:
.even if I check the required box for number of players. It still leaves Formula De, for example, that takes 2-10 players. Any other ideas?

Did you drag both the left and the right slider to 2 ?
I at first also forgot the second slider blush

Yep. Both sliders on 2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Mansell
United States
Naperville
IL
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
WonderCinz wrote:
Small bug: When I sort on My Rating after restricting the range of My Rating (to 7-10 for example), the 10s show up in the list in the position in which you expect the 0s to be. That is, they're listed in the order 10, 7, 8, 9 or 9, 8, 7, 10.

This is a bug -- I'll add it to the list, thanks.

Your 2-player-only issue makes sense. The sliders right now, when both dragged to 2, will show you all games that (supposedly) can be played by 2 players, even if they can be played by more. To see 2-players ONLY, well... I think your best bet right now would be to sort by # of players in grid view. "2" will show up in a group, separate from "2-3", "1-5", etc. I'm going to be beefing up the sliders in an update soon, and I'll keep your request in mind when I do so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Waterzero
Spain
Alcorcón
Madrid
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Really nice aplication. Very gratefull.

it's possible to run it in a movile phone like Nokia 5800, iphone, etc?

the movile phone is always on, but not the pc.

It would be the paradise.

Thanks, again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ŁṲÎS̈
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
F*** it! Do it LIVE!
badge
Didn't know what to spend all this sweet GG on, so I bought the overtext.
mbmbmbmbmb
WaterZero wrote:

Thanks, again.

I have something with similar(but very stripped down) functionality that I've tested on Android and iPhone here:

Mobile game selection tool.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Doherty
United States
McKinney
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I may have spotted a bug. When I use the slider to choose games from my own collection that I've rated between a 7 and a 10 it includes Cavum, a game I own but have not rated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Waterzero
Spain
Alcorcón
Madrid
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
monteslu wrote:
WaterZero wrote:

Thanks, again.

I have something with similar(but very stripped down) functionality that I've tested on Android and iPhone here:

Mobile game selection tool.

It works in a Nokia 5800??

pdoherty wrote:
I may have spotted a bug. When I use the slider to choose games from my own collection that I've rated between a 7 and a 10 it includes Cavum, a game I own but have not rated.

Sign the "Req" box and you'll see.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Marchlewitz
Canada
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What a wonderful application. Works great on my Mac.
Thanks for the tremendous effort!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
whistler
United States
West Virginia
flag msg tools
Knob Creek Manhattan
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Reaction: WOW!

Reaction to 2P complaints: While I appreciate others' comments about the sliders and 2 player games, I actually LIKE certain multiplayer games to show up for two players (like Notre Dame, for example). If you put both sliders on "2", why would you NOT want to see all playable games for two, rather than "2 player ONLY" games? On the other hand, if I allow the max slider to be 3 or more, a game like Medici sneaks in, and that isn't playable with two.

Suggestion: However you may decide to appease the people with the aforementioned complaint, please make sure that there is SOME way to list all games that are PLAYABLE with a fixed number of players. Perhaps you can make separate range sliders for min number and max number of players?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Cinzori
United States
Holland
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
native_son wrote:
Reaction: WOW!

Reaction to 2P complaints: While I appreciate others' comments about the sliders and 2 player games, I actually LIKE certain multiplayer games to show up for two players (like Notre Dame, for example). If you put both sliders on "2", why would you NOT want to see all playable games for two, rather than "2 player ONLY" games? On the other hand, if I allow the max slider to be 3 or more, a game like Medici sneaks in, and that isn't playable with two.

Suggestion: However you may decide to appease the people with the aforementioned complaint, please make sure that there is SOME way to list all games that are PLAYABLE with a fixed number of players. Perhaps you can make separate range sliders for min number and max number of players?

I agree. I just want the option to find my 2-player-only games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robby Timmermans
Belgium
Wellen
flag msg tools
badge
-- -- parkibricks -- --
mbmbmbmbmb
native_son wrote:

Very good point. Another option would be a checkbox: exact (number of players or range). Maybe easier to fit in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7  Next »  [19] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.