Tyler Hudak
United States
North Canton
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is Land of Cran comics in the Belden Village area. It has some games but not that many.

There are two other stores I would highly recommend are Underhills Games and Kenmore Komics. Underhills is in Cuyahoga Falls and Kenmore Komics is in, well, Kenmore.

Kenmore Komics has alot of comics, RPGs and board games.

Underhills Games doesn't have as many RPGs, but it does have more board games and has a huge selection of demo games, plus the Board Gamers of Greater Akron meets there every month.

Hope that helps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Smith
United States
Bolivar
Ohio
flag msg tools
There is also "The Keep" in Massillon. They have a mix of RPGs, boards games, card games, and minis. Underhill has the biggest board game selection in the general area.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow. Land of Cran is still going? The last time I was there was in 1996. The store at the time was 99% comics and 1% CCG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Hudak
United States
North Canton
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And thats about what is still is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Thomas
United States
Hartville
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A couple updates for those searching for this thread.
The Keep recently shut down. They had a going out of business sale this summer. So unless they came back after that...
I thought Land of Cran was gone, but their Twitter is updating, so perhaps their store is still there. I thought I saw a for lease sign on their window, but that may have been the window of the store next door.
Underhills is a great store. A bit of a drive.
I have yet to try Kenmore Comics.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Hudak
United States
North Canton
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
IIRC, Land of Cran is still there, but moved a few shops down to a smaller shop.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin O
United States
Canton
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As of August of 2011 Land of Cran is no more, as far as I can tell

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Riddle
United States
Oxford
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
the ultimate game store... the pro football HOF!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tim Tim TIm TIM TIMMY!!
Costa Rica
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
land of Crane I could not find this year, and the Keep is gone, so Akron with Underhills is it. Boarders did have a good game section, but now they are gone too/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Thomas
United States
Hartville
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hendal wrote:
land of Crane I could not find this year, and the Keep is gone, so Akron with Underhills is it. Boarders did have a good game section, but now they are gone too/

I just made a blog post at my personal blog about options in the area. Hopefully I can post the link, if any moderators have issues, just let me know and I'll remove the link. The page itself should have no ads (but there are some on the homepage). I've got no vested interest in any of the stores or groups (save going to the stores and being member of the groups/Meetups).

http://www.brianathomas.com/archives/2013/04/29/board-gaming...

Anyhow, there are a few stores in the area. If anyone knows of places to add let me know.

EDIT: Here is a quick list of the stores in the area that I make a few notes about in the post (and link to their official pages and a map link)

Ahzz'z Arena in Massillon/Jackson Township
Underhill's Games in Akron
Wings, Wheels and Waves in Massillon and Alliance
Taz's Gaming in Alliance (no boardgames but MtG and the like)
Gaming Grounds in Kent
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Campbell
msg tools
Bringing this tread back up. Freedom gaming in canton has some good stuff. A lot of MTG but he does have games. Lots of space to demo as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Thomas
United States
Hartville
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I added Freedom Gaming to my website's list of places back in August of 2014, but somehow still haven't made it to the store yet to check out in person...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deborah Burdette
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
They moved into a really nice location with plenty of room. A good amount of board game too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Thomas
United States
Hartville
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Who did? Freedom Gaming?

MamaBurdie wrote:
They moved into a really nice location with plenty of room. A good amount of board game too.

It should also be noted that Sapphire City just opened in North Canton (I haven't updated my list yet to include it). They are a gaming cafe...
http://sapphirecitygames.com/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Steinbach

Akron/Canton
Ohio
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Freedom Gaming is now off Portage next to I-77. They are located on the second floor of a building and can say that their board game collection is great! Plenty of gaming tables as well, including great owners. They always make me feel welcome!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Thomas
United States
Hartville
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ahh... they are in the old hobby store's location. That is pretty much where I'd have put a store if I were able to put one in the area.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sapphire City
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Thanks for the Sapphire City mention!

+1 for Freedom as well, I got to check out their space recently and it's quite nice. Good selection of games, and very nice amount of CCGs + MtG singles and such.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls