Popular Tags: [View All]
David Estall
United Kingdom
Bisley
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well I'm hugely impressed! I ordered Let's Catch the Lion! direct from Japon Brand http://japonbrand.ocnk.net/ on January 11 and it arrived today, January 19. The game cost ¥1500 (about £10 or $17) and another ¥1500 to have it shipped to the UK.

The game is as delightful and beautiful as I had hoped. I'll publish some photos here soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martijn Althuizen
Netherlands
Helmond
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
@m_a_r_t_ij_n
badge
@m_a_r_t_ij_n
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi David,

Which version did you get? I bought this great game at Spiel in Essen last year. It came in just a plastic bag with the board folded. I saw on their website that they now also have a version with a cloth 'board' that comes with the blocks in a pouch. I'd really like to get that one aswell, hopefully at Spiel 10...

Any images appreciated!

Thanks,
Martijn
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Estall
United Kingdom
Bisley
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Martijn,

My version is boxed, with a board made of thick card and chunky wooden tiles (no bags or pouches). I think it's the commercial version for the Japanese market - take a look at the photos I uploaded this morning.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
David
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martijn Althuizen
Netherlands
Helmond
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
@m_a_r_t_ij_n
badge
@m_a_r_t_ij_n
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

Yes, I only just saw the photo's. They're great!

It's a nice version. The 'board' in my version is just a normal thin A4 sheet of glossy paper.

Thanks,
Martijn
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Morse
United States
Powell
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Martijn, have you heard whether they're planning to return to Essen this year? There's no sign of them in the Spiel 2011 Preview yet, and their shop shows nearly everything sold out. Amazon.co.jp has the full animal shogi in the fancy wooden box, as well as what I think is the cardboard box version of this one, but they refuse to ship them outside of Japan. soblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martijn Althuizen
Netherlands
Helmond
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
@m_a_r_t_ij_n
badge
@m_a_r_t_ij_n
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Nathan,

I'll send them an email and ask...

Martijn

zefquaavius wrote:
Martijn, have you heard whether they're planning to return to Essen this year? There's no sign of them in the Spiel 2011 Preview yet, and their shop shows nearly everything sold out. Amazon.co.jp has the full animal shogi in the fancy wooden box, as well as what I think is the cardboard box version of this one, but they refuse to ship them outside of Japan. :soblue:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Morse
United States
Powell
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thumbsup Martijn, you are awesome! I see that you already visited Spiel 2011 (Essen) interests for zefquaavius, so I know you know which versions I seek. 5vp for you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martijn Althuizen
Netherlands
Helmond
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
@m_a_r_t_ij_n
badge
@m_a_r_t_ij_n
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Nathan,

Nekomado has opened an internatinal online shop: shop.nekomado.com

I've filled out the contact form because I wanted to know whether or not Madoka Kitao was coming to Essen. Good news: She is attending the fair!

She's also brought out a new book with 'Dobutsu Shogi problems' for children to solve. They're bringing plenty to Essen and I plan on buying a copy and getting it signed by Madoka.

I recommend you fill out the form and have them bring whatever versions of Dobutsu Shogi you want...

Cheers,
Martijn
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.