Subject: Has anyone played Diggity yet? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Bentley
United States
Cleburne
Texas
flag msg tools
Microbadge: ChristianMicrobadge: Plays Games With FamilyMicrobadge: Family Member ServingMicrobadge: Clubs fan - The suit of Clubs finally gets some respect!Microbadge: Fresco fan
This game looks like a simple, lite game...but it looks like it could be fun.

Has anyone played it yet, and if so, what are your opinions?

Thanks,
jrbentley

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Dobson
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Microbadge: The Game Crafter fanMicrobadge: Pinball fan
Hi, James -

I'm Dave, the author - I've playtested it with a number of different groups of people in several states, and the response has been positive, but I just released the game a couple of days ago, so other than my playtesters, not too many folks will have tried it yet. I'd love feedback, though, so I'll watch this thread.

Thanks,
Dave

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Bentley
United States
Cleburne
Texas
flag msg tools
Microbadge: ChristianMicrobadge: Plays Games With FamilyMicrobadge: Family Member ServingMicrobadge: Clubs fan - The suit of Clubs finally gets some respect!Microbadge: Fresco fan
dobnarr wrote:
Hi, James -

I'm Dave, the author - I've playtested it with a number of different groups of people in several states, and the response has been positive, but I just released the game a couple of days ago, so other than my playtesters, not too many folks will have tried it yet. I'd love feedback, though, so I'll watch this thread.

Thanks,
Dave
Thanks Dave. I'm really considering ordering this...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Dobson
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
You can check out the rules here if you like, and see images of what you get.

http://thegamecrafter.com/games/diggity

Let me know if you have any questions.

Sincerely,
Dave
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Dobson
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
There's now an independent review of the game posted here:

http://www.thegamecrafter.com/forums/reviews/diggity

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Hatch
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
I may seem biased (since I know the designer), but I have played this upwards of 20 times now with many different groups, and it has been universally well-received. The rules are simple enough that they can be explained quickly, and it has multiple levels of strategy.

Big thumbs up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ferdinand K├Âther
Germany
Bochum
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
Microbadge: VfL Bochum fanMicrobadge: I love the Philippines!Microbadge: Level 04 BGG posterMicrobadge: I was here for BGG's Tenth Anniversary!Microbadge: George R. R. Martin fan
Played it and was very disappointed, it doesn't work. You dig for gold, and others steal it away from you, roughly said.
So why should you dig at all? No idea - unless you've got the most powerful tool ensuring you to keep the gold.

Nice basic idea somehow, but poorly realized. Sorry, no offense meant to the author, but I rather dig for other games.

Ferdi

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Dobson
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
I'm sorry you didn't enjoy it - I can't tell from what you wrote what you didn't like. There are times where I hold off digging for gold because my tools aren't so good, but I'll frequently produce gold to get others to blow their tools so mine are worth more. The optimum strategy is never just to hoard tools - you'll lose nearly all the time.

If you're willing and can give more information, I'd love to hear it.

Thanks,
Dave
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls