Subject: New FLGS in Danvers MA rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: flgs [+] [View All]
Toys N Things
United States
Danvers
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
We actually opened last August, but still wanted BGG'ers in Mass and along the MA/NH border know that there is a new game store in Danvers MA called Toys N Things.
In addition to quality toys we also stock RPGs, CCGs, miniatures and of course boardgames. We have an open gaming area that can seat up to thirty people, and has two 6X4 miniatures tables for wargaming.
We also hold boardgaming tournaments. So far we've had both a Settlers and Dominion tournament. Our second Dominion tournament is happening on January 30th. For more info on open gaming and up coming events please visit our Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Danvers-MA/Toys-N-Things/13039...
Last but not least we work with a very good distributor who has an awesome turn around time. So if you order a specific game or expansion we can have in the store the next day.

Thanks

Evan J. AKA DanversGM

Toys N Things
66 Maple St
Danvers, MA 01923
Phone: [978] 777-1879
Email: ToysNThingsDanvers@Yahoo.com
Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Danvers-MA/Toys-N-Things/13039...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Forlorn yet Hopeful
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good to know!
Thank you for the post, I probably never would have known. Now to run to Google Maps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Walker
United States
Wilton
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
So many douchebags, so few bullets.
mbmbmbmbmb
Too bad you don't have a website. I loathe facebook. Please continue to announce your tournaments and happenings here on BGG. Thanks!

thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lonnie kim
United States
San Jose
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cool. unfortunately i am moving in 2 days. otherwise a settlers tournament would be worth checking out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Walker
United States
Princeton
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is great news. I will be sure to visit the next time I am back on the North Shore to visit friends and family!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Toys N Things
United States
Danvers
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Thanks for allthe kind responses. For those interested here are the particulars for our Second Dominion Tournament happening next week:

Toys N Things is hosting our second Dominion tournament Saturday January 30th starting at 3PM. The fee is $10 and we once again will be using the main game. The number of winners, prize levels and format will be based on the number of players.
If we get eight players or more we'll go to a multi-round format where depending on the actual number of players the first and second place finishers advance to the next round. Each round is the best of three games. Six players we'll still have two boards, but only the first place finishers advance. With four players we go down to a single board, but the the round is best of five.

Please post or PM me with any questions.

DanversGM

Toys N Things
66 Maple St
Danvers, MA 01923
Phone: [978] 777-1879
Email: ToysNThingsDanvers@Yahoo.com
Facebook Event Page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Danvers-MA/Toys-N-Things/13039...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Kleinman
United States
Marblehead
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
It pains me that one of the closest FLGS is anything but friendly. We had a horrid experience with these guys on a Magic draft night, where we were outvoted on the format (which ended up being different than advertised). It was super predatory and the owners of the shop were totally unsympathetic.

Wish there were more quality game stores in the North Shore, as I refuse to ever step foot back in Toys N Things. It's that bad.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls