War of the Ring Collector's Edition» Forums » General

Subject: War of the Ring Collector's Edition: Pre-order FAQ rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrea Fanhoni
Italy
flag msg tools
Dear Friends,

We are happy to be able to announce the official release dates of the WAR OF THE RING COLLECTOR'S EDITION!
In this document, we compiled the most common questions from our customers regarding this product and its release.

How many copies of the War of the Ring Collector's Edition (WOTR-CE) will be available?
A total of 2000 copies will be produced. 1500 copies in English, 500 in German.

Will the WOTR-CE ship in two waves, as originally announced?
Yes, the WOTR-CE will still ship in two waves, each with 1000 copies.
The first wave (700 English copies, 300 German copies) is shipping from our factory now.
The second wave (800 English copies, 200 German copies) will ship from our factory in march 2010.

Will there be any additional version or more copies in the future?
The WOTR-CE will never be reprinted in the future.

I pre-ordered my copy from the first wave, originally supposed to ship before Christmas. When will I receive it?
We expect that the customers who pre-ordered from the first wave will receive their copies around the end of february.

I pre-ordered my copy from the second wave, originally supposed to ship in early 2010. When will I receive it?
We expect that the customers who pre-ordered from the second wave will receive their copies around the end of april.

Are there still copies available for pre-order?
At the date of this writing (january, 22nd) there is still a very limited number of copies available from the second wave. The first wave is sold out completely.
Pre-order soon if you don't want to miss your last chance!
For the German edition, pre-order at www.phalanxgames.de
For the English edition:
- If you live in the USA and Canada, you must preorder at www.fantasyflightgames.com
- If you live in Italy, you must preorder at www.ituoigiochi.it
- If you live in Spain, you must preorder at www.devir.es
- If you live in any other country, you may preorder directly from www.nexusgames.com or from www.fantasyflightgames.com

I would like to order individual items from the WOTR-CE, such as the game board, or playing cards. Is this possible?
There is no plan to make the individual items from the WOTR-CE available separately.
At the end of production, we expect to have a small quantity of the printed items remaining, which we plan to use to handle replacements and customer service needs to the WOTR-CE buyers.

Is my order still valid?
All orders are still valid, unless you explicitly canceled it.

I pre-ordered using a form at the Essen Game Fair. Do you have my order recorded?
We already contacted for confirmation all customers who placed orders at the Essen Game Fair.
If you did not receive our confirmation e-mail, please contact us at the address sales[at]nginternational.eu to confirm your order.

I pre-ordered using a form on the Nexusgames.com website. Do you have my order recorded?
We already contacted for confirmation all customers who placed orders through the Nexusgames.com website.
If you did not receive our confirmation e-mail, please contact us at the address sales[at]nginternational.eu to confirm your order.
New orders placed through the website receive a confirmation within 2-3 business days.

I pre-ordered at Essen (or on the Nexusgames.com website) but I did not pay anything yet. How shall I pay?
Orders made using the form, either at the Essen Game Show, or Nexusgames.com, must be paid using PayPal (or credit cards through the PayPal system).
You will receive payment instructions by e-mail, before the WOTR-CE ships to your address.

In december, you announced a "small gift" to the customers who pre-ordered the WOTR-CE, as an apology for the delay on the announced release date. What is it?
The nature of our "small gift" will be announced in a few days with a separate announcement.

Will all copies of the WOTR-CE include this additional "gift"?
Yes, all copies will include this additional item.

NG International Sales Team
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brother J
United States
Summerville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh Happy Happy Joy Joy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Hope
United States
Woodside
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great! Thanks Nexus!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Speer
United States
Fargo
North Dakota
flag msg tools
Gravity Falls
badge
Remember, reality is an illusion, the universe is a hologram, buy gold, bye!
mbmbmbmbmb
I am so excited!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Fling
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The end of february wont get here fast enough.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You mean I have to wait until end of April or later to get mine! What a disappointment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Smith
United States
Bel Air
MD - Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Real news! Looks like I may have it in time for my Birthday, April 28th. I was hoping for early March, but at least we have a firm date. I seriously doubt they would risk missing another deadline.

By the way, yesterday the count at FFG was under 20. Although it could be another false alarm caused by people not emptying their cart, it curtrently shows "Out of stock".

EDIT: It now shows 12 left. If anyone is still waiting, you better hurry or all that will be left will be the ones Funagain is selling for $499.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Lee
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Wah! This is cutting it close. I am in the united states until the end of February. I was hoping to bring my copy as carry-on luggage when I return home.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Clausing
United States
Winfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.

It'll be worth the wait... I just hope it isn't damaged during shipping.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben P.
Germany
Aßlar
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
13thGuardsRifleDiv wrote:
Would you prefer they rush it at the expense of quality?
Well, just for proportionalities: 'rushing it' in this case would have meant having the game in stores about 2.5 years ago :)

(Quote from Roberto Di Meglio here on BGG: "we are trying to do this as a fall 2007 release, so between september and december")

Don't get me wrong, I am willing to wait as long as it takes but can really understand those who start to feel some disappointment here...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anders Fredlund
Sweden
Veberöd
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What about this then (text taken from Nexus home page)?

"Terms of agreement: By compiling the coupon the customer is ordering a copy of the game, to be delivered no later than March,31st 2010. The agreement is automatically void in case the game is not delivered before March, 31st 2010."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
United States
Lebanon
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
Penny Press Kickstarter: 1,284 backers - $60,376! Amazing! Thank you!!!
badge
Play Penny Press!
mbmbmbmbmb
NexusPR wrote:
In december, you announced a "small gift" to the customers who pre-ordered the WOTR-CE, as an apology for the delay on the announced release date. What is it?
The nature of our "small gift" will be announced in a few days with a separate announcement.[/i]
A few is three!

(2 = couple; 3 = few; 4 = Italian Workweek; 5 = American Workweek; 6 = Eternity, etc.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Johnson
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RobertDD wrote:
NexusPR wrote:
The nature of our "small gift" will be announced in a few days with a separate announcement.[/i]
A few is three!

(2 = couple; 3 = few; 4 = Italian Workweek; 5 = American Workweek; 6 = Eternity, etc.)
I was just checking this thread in order to say more or less the same thing! Judging by the track record, I'm guessing that Nexus' definition of "a few days" is.... about a month and a half. shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Di Meglio
Italy
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
The announcement will be issued next monday!
Sorry for the delay, but I wanted to have appropriate photos together with the article.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Smith
United States
Bel Air
MD - Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can wait until Monday if it means pictures! I'm very excited to hear & see the announcement.

That also means that now I don't have to keep checking back here every ten minutes until after the weekend

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
United States
Lebanon
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
Penny Press Kickstarter: 1,284 backers - $60,376! Amazing! Thank you!!!
badge
Play Penny Press!
mbmbmbmbmb
Very cool! Can't wait (well, I can

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dick Leban
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, don't give in! Make 'em wait. Besides, I'm not sure photos of a Galadriel real doll should be posted anyway (if you have to ask, don't).
devil

(just kidding, hope you three are enjoying the end of this particular journey. here's to finally dunkin' the sucker.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maarten Van Hemel
Netherlands
Dordrecht
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TVDinner wrote:
No, don't give in! Make 'em wait. Besides, I'm not sure photos of a Galadriel real doll should be posted anyway (if you have to ask, don't).
devil

(just kidding, hope you three are enjoying the end of this particular journey. here's to finally dunkin' the sucker.)
If that is what you worry about, here is the solution to make Galadriel doll pictures appropriate: http://joechip.net/liana/2009/10/10/halloween-lotr-costume-s...

Just kidding too, of course ... simply killing time while waiting for the revelation of the mystery gift sauron

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Johnson
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cybernex wrote:
Sorry for the delay, but I wanted to have appropriate photos together with the article.
Photos! Well, I guess that sounds pretty good.

Though I am a little nervous about seeing these photos. Might make my difficult wait until early April even more difficult!

ICANTWAITICANTWAITICANTWAIT.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maarten Van Hemel
Netherlands
Dordrecht
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cybernex wrote:
Tuesday already ... I assume some extra time is taken to ensure the pictures will meet the same quality standards as the rest of the production. You are perfectionists!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
You didn't see the announcement?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bertrand d
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When will Nexus request the payment for those who have ordered first tranche at Nexus website for Europe ?

I have a play planned in 2 weeks. Any chance I can play it on the collector ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Schmidt
United States
Unspecified
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hmm, very nice imo. When I read about the free gift, putting a white gandalf in the game was the first thing that popped into my head. I did not like having a grey gandalf with cardboard underneath. Forgot entirely about Aragorn's transformation.

Actually was expecting these in the collector's to begin with, I mean seriously $400 and no white gandalf would have been very disappointing, but very good choice on gift since they weren't.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls