Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Zuccarelli
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No info of any type yet... though they are saying they've verified the name.
http://bit.ly/c6DcP5

by the title one could certainly guess it has a lot to do with gold (or turning things into gold)

Thoughts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duncan
New Zealand
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Other sources suggested prosperity was the name, but then there are two planned...
not sure how a whole box will fit this theme though
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrés Santiago Pérez-Bergquist
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A little bird told me you should think outside the treasure chest instead…
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald X.
United States
flag msg tools
designer
The next expansion is in fact called Alchemy.

I am still expecting it in the spring, probably before Easter. I don't have a more specific date.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duncan
New Zealand
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
donaldx wrote:

I am still expecting it in the spring, probably before Easter. I don't have a more specific date.

Excellent!!
I'll be on the look out as the information slowly comes through. I just hope that there won't be a struggle in getting it in New Zealand there has been in the past.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wolfe
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Zendo fan, Columbus Blue Jackets fan, Dominion Fan.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The new game entry has been approved: Dominion: Alchemy.

And there's a link to a page on the Rio Grande Games web site: http://www.riograndegames.com/games.html?id=356

Enjoy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Manasan
Philippines
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking at that RGG link, here's something to note: the box is not square.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tom alphin
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone else notice the box has different dimensions than the last two expansions. Is it possible we will see an expansion at a lower price than the original game and first two expansions? I enjoy Dominion a lot, but after playing Seaside only a handful of times, I'm not sure another 30$ is a good value for me. At half that price, I might jump at the chance to pick up another 25 kingdom cards.

I also wonder if DonaldX is considering a whole new game based loosely on the Dominion deck building mechanic. It is a great game mechanic, and his system is so well suited to expansion that I wonder what a whole new game might offer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Anderson
Scotland
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good news. First child due in Easter might cause a bit of a clash whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zack Hiwiller
United States
Winter Park
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hoo McHoo wrote:
Good news. First child due in Easter might cause a bit of a clash whistle

What are you going to do during a long labor?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marshall Miller
United States
Malden
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
The Warren is a roleplaying game about intelligent rabbits trying to make the best of a world filled with hazards, predators and, worst of all, other rabbits.
badge
Marshall is a Boston-based researcher and game designer.
mbmbmbmbmb
Its about time!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Tomashewski
United States
Penn Hills
PA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Huzzah! I love the theme idea as well. I've been reading Neal Stephenson's Baroque Cycle, which is a little more advanced than the world of Dominion... but quicksilver, alchemy and other quasi magical stuff sounds like a ton of fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Will this mean new treasure Kingdom cards or perhaps combined treasure/action/victory as Kingdom cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Liken
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
spacewolf009 wrote:
donaldx wrote:

Excellent!!
I'll be on the look out as the information slowly comes through. I just hope that there won't be a struggle in getting it in New Zealand there has been in the past.

Duncan - get an order in with your game store if you want one. That way they can prompt the distributor, who I am pretty sure will be well clued up on when this new expansion will be going to be available anyway.

Seaside was pretty fast - only the US to NZ shipping time seemed to be the difference between US and NZ release. I imagine this one should be similar - so maybe May or so?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Liken
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
henrysunset wrote:
Anyone else notice the box has different dimensions than the last two expansions. Is it possible we will see an expansion at a lower price than the original game and first two expansions? I enjoy Dominion a lot, but after playing Seaside only a handful of times, I'm not sure another 30$ is a good value for me. At half that price, I might jump at the chance to pick up another 25 kingdom cards.

It's got me interested as well, after thinking that maybe Seaside might be it for me.

I can't imagine even if smaller (and with no extra bits like Seaside) that it would be only half the price of the previous releases. 2/3rds might be about as good as you could expect, I would have thought.

But even so the smaller box and maybe lower cost is looking good to me. I don't have a lot of room to store games and Dominion is starting to crowd out my games storage space. I haven't yet gone with any combined storage solution, but maybe I should for the first 3.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
col_w
United Kingdom
Poole
Dorset
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Quote:
They're also looking for a universal solvent. If they manage that one, you will take whatever they use to hold it in and build a castle out of it. A castle that can't be dissolved! Now that's progress.

An action card that turns gold into a new kind of victory card?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marshall Miller
United States
Malden
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
The Warren is a roleplaying game about intelligent rabbits trying to make the best of a world filled with hazards, predators and, worst of all, other rabbits.
badge
Marshall is a Boston-based researcher and game designer.
mbmbmbmbmb
liken@xtra.co.nz wrote:
But even so the smaller box and maybe lower cost is looking good to me. I don't have a lot of room to store games and Dominion is starting to crowd out my games storage space. I haven't yet gone with any combined storage solution, but maybe I should for the first 3.

Indeed, Dominion and Arkham Horror are now taking up the same amount of space on my game shelf...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitch Elder
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.riograndegames.com/games.html?id=356
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Owens
Philippines
Cainta
Rizal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
liken@xtra.co.nz wrote:

...even so the smaller box and maybe lower cost is looking good to me. I don't have a lot of room to store games and Dominion is starting to crowd out my games storage space. I haven't yet gone with any combined storage solution, but maybe I should for the first 3.

I tossed the inserts to the first two games and used the base game to hold all instructions, victory, and treasure cards, along with the other non-card components. I use the Intrigue box to carry around the Kingdom cards, which are all in plastic bags. It's only slightly less unwieldy then the original storage solution, but at least i have all the kingdom cards in one place. I hated having to open three boxes to play with all three sets.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maaike Fest
Netherlands
Nijmegen
Gelderland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have Dominion and Intrigue in 2 boxes like this one:

http://www.marsmanshop.nl/shop/index.php?act=viewProd&produc...

Cheap, and small .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.