Subject: Captain Cosmos Collectibles in Winchester, Ky. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Captain Cosmos GameShop
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mb
I don't see any "introduction" threads, but this seems like a good place for me to start.

I'm on far to many boards already, so I didn't really want to sign up for yet another one. As a result, I probably won't be here all that often. But a friend of mine is here somewhere, and he kept directing me here for gaming information. Well, I keep coming back, so I finally caved in.

I don't game much. Not that I don't enjoy a good game from time to time, just don't have the time for it really. I do however own Captain Cosmos Collectibles in Winchester Kentucky. That's Central Kentucky just to the right of Lexington. It's not a game store. We deal mostly in toys and comics, but somewhere along the line I ended up with quite a pile of board games. It's not like I have a ton or anything, probably about 20 or so. But it's enough that it's something I have to deal with. And well, if you have a lot of board games, this seems to be the place to be.

Roger

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Cunkelman
United States
Antelope
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to BGG Roger!

I would suggest you look up the games you have, become familiar with them (collectible, OOP, New, etc...) and then place them in the market place for sale. Alternately you could hold an auction to get rid of them as a bulk sale or individually. Offer pick up at your collectibles store for locals, or to ship them at cost for people further away.

Regardless of what you chose to do, good luck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Hovan
United States
Elkhart
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh man, where were you 30 years ago when I lived in Winchester? I was actually born there!

Welcome to the geek.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Sams
United States
Georgetown
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well Roger if you ever want to come down to Georgetown for a gaming session feel free. It's always good to have someone else with a similar interest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Captain Cosmos GameShop
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks for the worm welcomes guys. Certainly not new to selling online, just don't usually deal in board games. So I'm always on eBay, typically with about 600 listings. I always offer local pick up, and the usual shipping.

Where was I 30 years ago? That would be Oregon Though 19 years ago it was Wyoming with my first collectibles shop. Didn't get the Winchester until 10 years ago.

I've got a question. With a cursory look through the marketplace, I see that the prices seem a lot higher than I expected. How does one determine what to charge for a game? Is there a price guide of some sort?

Roger

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flying Arrow
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Goofateer wrote:
Thanks for the worm welcomes guys. Certainly not new to selling online, just don't usually deal in board games. So I'm always on eBay, typically with about 600 listings. I always offer local pick up, and the usual shipping.

Where was I 30 years ago? That would be Oregon Though 19 years ago it was Wyoming with my first collectibles shop. Didn't get the Winchester until 10 years ago.

I've got a question. With a cursory look through the marketplace, I see that the prices seem a lot higher than I expected. How does one determine what to charge for a game? Is there a price guide of some sort?

Roger

The marketplace pretty much is the price guide. You can also check the price history. Someone put together an application that looks at past sales so you can see a game's price over time. I'm sure another helpful geek will post that link soon enough.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris J
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
. . . or just let me nibble your soul . . . .
badge
Electra Bellum. Electra Gloriosum.
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anybody know the link to the sales history application just mentioned?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls