Chun Ping
Singapore
Portland
OREGON
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi guys,

I may be going to sweden some time in the future, i'm just wondering if anyone has recommendations of retailer (online or real) to buy games from. As i live in Singapore, the shipping when buying games is usually half the cost of the games, so i'm thinking of checking out the prices and see if it's worth it to get it when i go sweden. thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will
United States
Madera
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think there's a page somewhere on BGG about worldwide retailer locations, perhaps a BGG wiki or something, I don't recall.

Also, if you don't find what you need in sweden, you may want to considerin shipping from germany to sweden.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bartosz Trzaskowski

Tucson
Arizona
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Games in Europe tend to be pretty expensive but I have no idea how the prices compare to Singapore.

Anyhow: try this thread http://www.geekdo.com/thread/448968/a-game-shopping-guide-to...

amazon.de is also a good option, they have usually good deals, shipping is 6.00 EUR plus 0,50 EUR/kg to Sweden. amazon.co.uk may be an option, but it's usually more expensive and the shipping may be more expensive (though the selection of games is quite different).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yoki Erdtman
Sweden
Södertälje
flag msg tools
badge
Handsome devil huh?
mbmbmbmbmb
There are lots of options for you online, but with brick and mortar stores it depends on where in Sweden you'll be?

Here's a great game price search engine that searches all the major online Swedish stores, but the site is entirely in Swedish.

My two favorite online Swedish stores are AlphaSpel and WorldofBoardGames, but again, they're only in Swedish.

If you want to order your games online and have them delivered to you in Sweden, then Germany is another great option. Favorites there include CosimShop, Milan-Spiele, and of course Amazon.de.

Please let me know if you need some help checking prices and availability of some of your desired titles?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chun Ping
Singapore
Portland
OREGON
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be going to lund university for an exchange program next semester. Do you know how much is the shipping cost typically from germany to lund? btw, tks alot for your links to the swedish site, though i cannot understand, the pictures and numbers are enough for me to know the prices

but as some one said above, they are expensive!!! in fact, they cost the same price as what i'm getting in singapore now. That's quite a surprise to me as shipping to singapore typically cost me around $20 to $30 USD for a normal game.

what about shipping games from US to sweden? any idea how it cost?

alternatively, may be i shall just fly to germany to tour the country and shop for some games at the same time. haha.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Verbeeck
Belgium
Mol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
To add to Yoki's shop selection ...Spiele-offensive offers flatrate shipping of 16 euro. If your order is over 40 euro it's 12 euro for shipping.

If you order online it's not too hard to compare the price you have to pay at the different shops.

I'm surprised shipping to singapore is so cheap.

So what you want to do is order three or more games at once. You only pay shipping for the first item (40 euro) and after that you get a discount on the other goods. well sort of since shipping costs drop if you order over 40 euro.

Oh and you might want to check out the sonderangebotene

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josephine Lancaster
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
If you are going to Lund I'll tip you about a small bookshop in Malmö, 5 mins on the train from Lund. It's called SF-Bokhandeln and they have a small collection of board games as well as books, comics and movies in both swedish and english if I remember correctly.

I am not sure about their prices, as I haven't checked any other swedish sites in ages (I've been staying in the UK), but they are fairly close to the train station, so are an alternative if you prefer to get your games from a shop rather than having them delivered.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnus Svensson
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just want to add to Josephine's reply above. If you find the SF-Bokhandeln store in Malmö, you will presumably be able to order from the store's main office in Stockholm without any charge. I'm a regular customer (since I live in Stockholm...) and I can safely say that they have a broad selection of available games. And if they don't have a particular game you're interested in, they are quite helpful with ordering it.

But then again, as mentioned above, games are not cheap in Sweden... NOTHING is cheap in Sweden. :whistle:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iron James Rackham
msg tools
mbmbmb
cpf86 wrote:

what about shipping games from US to sweden? any idea how it cost?
Short answer is: Don't. Shipping plus customs charges pretty much doubles the price of anything ordered from overseas. If you want to order from abroad, choose a country within the EU (eg England or Germany).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
...sure...
Netherlands
Rijen
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yargo wrote:
I think there's a page somewhere on BGG about worldwide retailer locations, perhaps a BGG wiki or something, I don't recall.

Also, if you don't find what you need in sweden, you may want to considerin shipping from germany to sweden.

http://geekdo.com/thread/120302/flgs-of-the-world-a-list-of-...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls