Neil Henning
United States
Nutley
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
looking for a retail game store in Northern NJ, any ideas?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Mick
United States
Middlesex/Union County
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What part of North Jersey? I work near Fair Lawn, in Bergen county, and often visit Gamers Gambit on my way home:

http://www.gamersgambitonline.com/

It's a bit more focused on D+D and Magic (as well as other CCGs) but I've also bought quite a few board games there. The owner is usually able to order any recent games they don't have in stock.

Best thing about the store is that the folks who run the place are very friendly, and there are a lot of gaming events there on a regular basis. I think at least one board game group meets there on a regular basis and there's no shortage of RPG and CCG events there if that's of interest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jess Boronico
United States
Middlebury
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmb
In the Woodbridge Mall ... The Gamestore .... has many euro games and much more and is about 30 minutes down the Parkway around exit 131. I consider it the best in NJ and 2nd best in the tri-state area behind the Compleat Strategist in NYC. In CT there is a good gaming shop named the Time Machine, but that is about 2 hours from you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Thron
United States
Caldwell
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Timewarp Comics and Games in Cedar Grove has a nice selection of games...and, obviously, of comics and such. They hold gaming events as well, though often of the Pokemon CCG variety. I believe they're having an Eastern Front competition requiring painted miniatures, coming up on Feb 21.

Games are all MSRP, of course, but it's always fun to have the boxes in hand to look through.

http://www.timewarpcomics.com/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keegan Williamson-Hayes
United States
Portland
OR
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Only Game in Town Sommerville, NJ

Dark Tower Games Denville, NJ

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Pienciak
United States
Carlstadt
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll add in Reality's Edge in North Arlington. As other's have already mentioned - Gamer's Gambit and Time Warp.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I will not rest until Biblios is in the Top 100. - Steve Oksienik
United States
Howell
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Well I been watchin' while you been coughin, I've been drinking life while you've been nauseous, and so I drink to health while you kill yourself and I got just one thing that I can offer... Go on and save yourself and take it out on me
mbmbmbmbmb
keeganhayes wrote:
The Only Game in Town Sommerville, NJ

Dark Tower Games Denville, NJ

Dark Tower has closed its doors unfortunately. I think they may be relocating but I have not heard anything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Price
United States
Dover
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
NORTHWESTERN NJ:

Hobby Town in Newton, in Sussex County, on Route 206 South.

Jon

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Barree
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
General Bonkers says the War on String may be unwinnable. Detractors worry that his statements will embolden string.
mbmbmbmbmb
Add Little Shop of Comics in Scotch Plains to the list.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Henning
United States
Nutley
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Got what i needed at the Game Store in the Woodbridge mall. Thanks everyone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott M
United States
Lake Hiawatha
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like there's a new shop in Carlstadt: http://gamers-grotto.com/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cliff
United States
Western Great Lakes - Owashtinong Aajigaaning
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PThron wrote:
Timewarp Comics and Games in Cedar Grove has a nice selection of games...and, obviously, of comics and such. They hold gaming events as well, though often of the Pokemon CCG variety. I believe they're having an Eastern Front competition requiring painted miniatures, coming up on Feb 21.

Games are all MSRP, of course, but it's always fun to have the boxes in hand to look through.

http://www.timewarpcomics.com/

I'm around 4th of July weekend visiting Essex County in from West Michigan. Website shows July 4th gaming. Don't know if I can make it but I'll keep an eye out if I can get away. Anyone know if boardgaming continues through the weekend?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Pfennighaus
United States
Croton-On-Hudson
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Cover your heart!
mbmbmbmbmb
Just tried the Game Store at the Woodbridge mall for the first time. Big store with a great selection. The games really run the range...they have neon pub signs, billiard tables, basement bar furniture, dart boards...and then the back half of the store is all Euro, Amerithrash & minis. The less obscure Euro/AmThrash games were marked up about 20 to 25% over Amazon prices.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marko Miladinovich
United States
Franklin
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Hey! We're an online store but we recently opened up a brick and mortar location in Franklin, NJ - Markorama Games and Hobby! We would love to see you come out! We host Magic tournaments, free demo games, Dungeon & Dragon campaigns, and more....

Located at: 111 Main Street, Franklin, NJ 07416 (Adjacent to the Franklin Library)

Phone: (973) 823-8111

Hours of Operation

Sunday - Closed
Monday - 12:00-8:00
Tuesday - 12:00-8:00
Wednesday - 12:00-8:00
Thursday - 12:00-9:00
Friday - 12:00-9:00
Saturday - 11:00-8:00

Oh and btw we are often open later than these hours....generally we close when our customers leave or finish whatever games they're playing etc.

http://www.markoramagames.com/store.aspx
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rob cavallo
United States
roseland
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
even this is an older post, i'm gonna bump this up for marko.

he had a new copy of the fresco big box at a great price that i just bought. his store is about 45 mins away from me, but would love to stop in someday.

I usually go to time warp when looking for something. they're close, and even though everything is at MSRP, they will usually have something in stock when no one else does.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls