United States
Hampstead
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
1.3 released

Change Log:

- Feature: Firefox Users: Table height resizing code now gets its initial value from actual table height rather than an arbitrary hard-coded value

- Feature: Check boxes for each row now float, eliminating the need to add more height to each row.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Mittelstedt
United States
Hampstead
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
robcannonsoftware wrote:
Any progress on Chrome support?

The way Chrome handles sandboxes in the user script is not allowing cross-script access. So I can't get to key pieces of code that are needed to run Owlito (namely JQuery). Will still keep an eye on this development, because other script-writers seem to be having this issue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Occu Pant
United States
Clive
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there a limit to the number of columns that the script will allow? I am running Firefox and get the message "Injecting check boxes into each column...", but it never comes back and inserts the boxes. I have 59 offers (columns) and approximately 100 rows.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Mittelstedt
United States
Hampstead
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Is this with Firefox 4.0? I've not been able to test Owlito on this yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Occu Pant
United States
Clive
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BugLaden wrote:

Firefox 3.5.19.

Have tried it on two different machines with the same result.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kaiwen Zhang
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
Welcome to Zombo.com!
badge
Art of life
mbmbmbmbmb
OWLito broken in Opera 11.10

[13/05/2011 9:37:07 AM] JavaScript - http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/mywants.cgi?listid=67203
Timeout thread: delay 200 ms
Uncaught exception: TypeError: Cannot convert 'id' to object
Error thrown at line 160, column 12 in (i):
id = id.substr(3);
called via Function.prototype.call() from unknown location in (object, callback, args) in http://code.jquery.com/jquery-latest.js:
/* no source available */
called from line 265, column 2 in (callback, args) in http://code.jquery.com/jquery-latest.js:
return jQuery.each( this, callback, args );
called from line 154, column 8 in myWantsStep1():
$("#wants col").each(function(i)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Sturm
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
RoamDog wrote:
Is there a limit to the number of columns that the script will allow? I am running Firefox and get the message "Injecting check boxes into each column...", but it never comes back and inserts the boxes. I have 59 offers (columns) and approximately 100 rows.

I'm experiencing the same issue, but I only have a 9 rows, 7 columns.

FWIW, I'm using Firefox 4.01, OSX 10.6.7.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Occu Pant
United States
Clive
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RoamDog wrote:
BugLaden wrote:

Firefox 3.5.19.

Have tried it on two different machines with the same result.

Thought that it might be a size thing. But apparently not. Just checked and a MT where I only have 8 columns and 2 rows still has the originally reported problem. The height (+/- ) works but the boxes never get injected into the rows and columns.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Mittelstedt
United States
Hampstead
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I think that Jeff changed the structure of the OLWLG, completely breaking the OWLito. I'm hoping to be able to work on this soon. Will post here when I do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
BugLaden wrote:
I think that Jeff changed the structure of the OLWLG, completely breaking the OWLito. I'm hoping to be able to work on this soon. Will post here when I do.
I don't recall changing anything that I think would break owlito (the only change was to auto resize the table in step 4 to fit the height and that change you already knew about and I think made the corresponding change to not assume the original size). be curious to find out what it is though

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Occu Pant
United States
Clive
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JeffyJeff wrote:
BugLaden wrote:
I don't recall changing anything that I think would break owlito (the only change was to auto resize the table in step 4 to fit the height and that change you already knew about and I think made the corresponding change to not assume the original size). be curious to find out what it is though

Is there something that users need to do to enable this auto re-size height in step 4? My table still does not take advantage of the full height of my monitor.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RoamDog wrote:
JeffyJeff wrote:
BugLaden wrote:

Is there something that users need to do to enable this auto re-size height in step 4? My table still does not take advantage of the full height of my monitor.
firefox only I believe still only browser that supports scrollable table bodies

also the olwlg code will not resize the window to the height of your monitor... but to the height of the window within the browser

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Occu Pant
United States
Clive
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JeffyJeff wrote:
RoamDog wrote:
JeffyJeff wrote:
BugLaden wrote:

firefox only I believe still only browser that supports scrollable table bodies

also the olwlg code will not resize the window to the height of your monitor... but to the height of the window within the browser

I am running Firefox/3.5.19 with my browser window maximized. On a Dell U3011.
The table in Step 4 takes about half of the height of the browser window. (The Heading info, etc. also takes some space, but even if all the data shown on the step 4 screen is considered, it still does not use the full height of my monitor?

(There are at least 100 more rows not shown here).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm running FF 3.6.3 under WinXP... maybe try upgrading to newer version than 3.5.19? (ie. to at least 3.6.3)... just tested again and it did resize it (it does it after the table has finished loaded and sets the table bodies height to 71% of the client windows height)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Occu Pant
United States
Clive
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JeffyJeff wrote:
I'm running FF 3.6.3 under WinXP... maybe try upgrading to newer version than 3.5.19? (ie. to at least 3.6.3)... just tested again and it did resize it (it does it after the table has finished loaded and sets the table bodies height to 71% of the client windows height)

I cannot upgrade. The CheckBoxMate plugIn will not work with versions of FF past 3.5.
For most MTs I cannot use the OLWLG without that CheckBoxMate (even more so now that OLWLito doesn't work anymore).
In fact, the only reason I maintain my FF at the 3.5 level is so that I can participate in MTs (using OLWLG and CheckBoxMate); ohterwise I would upgrade to release 4.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Osborn
United States
Fort Wayne
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
We'll work up a Number 6 on 'em.
mbmbmbmbmb
RoamDog wrote:
JeffyJeff wrote:

I cannot upgrade. The CheckBoxMate plugIn will not work with versions of FF past 3.5.
For most MTs I cannot use the OLWLG without that CheckBoxMate (even more so now that OLWLito doesn't work anymore).
In fact, the only reason I maintain my FF at the 3.5 level is so that I can participate in MTs (using OLWLG and CheckBoxMate); ohterwise I would upgrade to release 4.

I had the same problem.. This fixes it. It's an instance of Firefox 3.5.19 that does not require an install. You can upgrade your primary Firefox, then just run this specific self-contained legacy version for Math trades. It will allow the CheckBoxMate plug-in that you desire.

They have a ton of other popular apps set up in this portable format. Great to throw on a flashdrive and take to a Public PC for browsing, etc.

http://portableapps.com/

Link to the 3.5.19 version:
http://portableapps.com/apps/internet/firefox_portable/local...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Occu Pant
United States
Clive
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rosborn wrote:
RoamDog wrote:
JeffyJeff wrote:

I had the same problem.. This fixes it. It's an instance of Firefox 3.5.19 that does not require an install. You can upgrade your primary Firefox, then just run this specific self-contained legacy version for Math trades. It will allow the CheckBoxMate plug-in that you desire.

They have a ton of other popular apps set up in this portable format. Great to throw on a flashdrive and take to a Public PC for browsing, etc.

http://portableapps.com/

Link to the 3.5.19 version:
http://portableapps.com/apps/internet/firefox_portable/local...

Ummm... If I run the self-contained version for MTs, I still cannot get Jeffy's auto-table re-size to work though, right? That was the original problem I have to run 3.5.19 for MTs to get the CheckBoxMate, but I need a more current version to use in MTs to get the auto-table-re-size?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RoamDog wrote:
... but I need a more current version to use in MTs to get the auto-table-re-size?
It's not clear that's the reason why it doesn't work for you... only that I know it works for me and I have a relatively newer version (though not the most recent)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Occu Pant
United States
Clive
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JeffyJeff wrote:
RoamDog wrote:
... but I need a more current version to use in MTs to get the auto-table-re-size?
It's not clear that's the reason why it doesn't work for you... only that I know it works for me and I have a relatively newer version (though not the most recent)
Fair enough.
I am out of town til next week. I will attempt to run some tests next week.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Mittelstedt
United States
Hampstead
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Getting a little confused here. Are the height issues described by RoamDog a problem of OWLito or OLWLG?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Occu Pant
United States
Clive
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BugLaden wrote:
Getting a little confused here. Are the height issues described by RoamDog a problem of OWLito or OLWLG?
Not OWLito. Sorry--I probably should have moved the topic over to the OLWLG thread.
I have OWLito turned off now as it does not work. So, I was just responding to Jeffy's comment about OLWLG auto-re-sizing tables in Step 4.
Interestingly, if I turn OWLito back on although it does not insert the boxes in the rows and columns, I can still use it to increase the height of the table.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Mittelstedt
United States
Hampstead
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Ok, there *IS* a 1.3 release (back in Jan '11) of OWLito that reads the table height rather than setting it smaller.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Cannon
United States
Cumming
GA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
[geekurl=http://lifehacker.com/355973/make-your-extensions-work-with-the-firefox-35]Here[/geekurl] is a way to make extensions work no matter what version of FireFox you are using.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Cannon
United States
Cumming
GA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, since there are a number of attempts to improve OLWLG with add-ons, is there an opportunity to submit code that can just be incorporated into the OLWLG page? That way, it will work no matter what browser and version you are using (assuming modern browsers, of course)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Occu Pant
United States
Clive
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
robcannonsoftware wrote:
[geekurl=http://lifehacker.com/355973/make-your-extensions-work-with-the-firefox-35]Here[/geekurl] is a way to make extensions work no matter what version of FireFox you are using.
From the referenced site..."Big Honking Warning: Only do this if you're willing to deal with possible bleeding edge extension bugs and security risks!
Final warning: These changes may lead to unexpected wacky behavior. Proceed at your own risk!

I am not 100% sure that I am ready for that level of risk. Maybe?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »   |