United Kingdom
Hinckley
Leics
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Jade Knight wrote:
Trying to get this to work.

I go to step 4.

I click the bookmark, and receive the loaded message.

When I click checkboxes, only the checkboxes that I click are inverting. What am I doing wrong?

1. IIRC you have to turn OFF 'new style checkboxes' in your OLWLG profile (head and shoulders icon)
2. It is incompatible with another plugin, but I forget which now - I did post about it long-ago in the OLWLG thread (now Guild).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MC Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
s3rvant wrote:
I wanted something simple for Chrome, so just made a quick bookmarklet.

To use the bookmarklet, first create it by making a new bookmark and for the URL, paste the following:

javascript:(function(){owlchecker=document.createElement('SCRIPT');owlchecker.type='text/javascript';owlchecker.src='https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/hr1h4r46ciofz9b/owlchecker.js';document.getElementsByTagName('head')[0].appendChild(owlchecker);})();

I named my bookmark OwlChecker, but feel free to name it whatever.

Next go to step 4 within OLWLG and click on your new bookmark. The script will give an alert once it has finished loading.

Once loaded, the first checkbox clicked inverts normally and then is disabled (to help track which was the first one clicked). The second checkbox clicked triggers the script to invert all checkboxes within range of the two. This way you can quickly check a whole row, column or any other rectangular range.

That's it. Should work fine on all browsers that are supported by jQuery. Do note that the script is currently hosted on my Dropbox account, so should you not have access to Dropbox where you are then it will fail to load. You can download the script and host it yourself where ever you like: download OwlChecker.

Edit: I've stopped using dropbox and moved the javascript file to my own server - the code above has been updated to reflect that - please update your bookmarklets

Edit: My web host went MIA so I've moved the script back to dropbox.
For those of us caught out by that ellipsis in the URL, I've modified the post so that the full URL is displayed in the post and can be copied directly from it instead of having to hit the Quote button and copy it from the editing text box

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  |