Subject: Game store in Platsburg or Champlain NY? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Shane
Canada
Montreal, Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
I'm going to do some shopping from Canada in NY and was wondering if there were any gaming stores around those 2 towns where I could find some board games

If any BGG'er out there knows a good game cave in those areas, let me know!

Lachinois

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
marc magner
United States
webster
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
if you are going to the platsburg near Naples, then your best bet would likely be in the greater rochester area

http://boldo.com/

http://www.millenniumgames.com/

Boldo's is cheaper but has a much smaller inventory.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Shane
Canada
Montreal, Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
Thanks! These are the kinds of place you have to be told they exist ;)

Lachinois

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
We always have time for the things we put first.
mbmbmbmbmb
Millennium Games is great, but Rochester is probably 4 or 5 hours from Plattsburg/Champlain. If there's nothing closer, there's got to be something in Albany.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Cristelli
United States
Milton
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you cross the lake into Vermont you'll find Quarterstaff Games in Burlington.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Cale
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Yog-Sothoth knows the gate. Yog-Sothoth is the gate. Yog-Sothoth is the key and guardian of the gate. Past, present, future, all are one in Yog-Sothoth. He knows where the Old Ones broke through of old, and where They shall break through again.
mbmbmb
Fantastic Planet in Plattsburgh has some games, but is mostly a comic shop. I you are planning on driving into the ADK Park, then I suggest you check out Goody Goodies in Saranac Lake. They have lots of games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Shane
Canada
Montreal, Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
Yup!

Goodies seems pretty close to where I'm going, though no web page! Wow, thats really brick and mortar.

I'll call them up!

Thanks all for your suggestions,
Lachinois
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
easterly1 wrote:
if you are going to the platsburg near Naples, then your best bet would likely be in the greater rochester area

The town you're thinking of is Prattsburgh not Plattsburgh. They're on opposite ends of the state.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
To update the information on gaming in the Plattsburgh area:

There are no major tabletop gaming stores in the immediate area of Plattsburgh or Champlain.

In Plattsburgh there are four stores with very small selections of boardgames (as in one shelf).

Fantastic Planet: They're a comic book store.
Lake City Books: A used book store. They usually have a few used haex-and-counter wargames.
AC Gaming Space: They're basically a CCG store.
Medusa: They used to sell tabletop games but they've switched over to CCG's.

If you're looking for a good selection of tabletop games, you need to go out of town.

Gaming Cave in Malone, NY: This one opened about a year ago. They can be hard to find because they're on the second floor of the building and they don't have a big street presence. Look for the Adirondack Hardware store on East Main.
Goody Goody's in Saranac Lake, NY: Friendly store with a nice selection.
Imagination Station in Lake Placid, NY: They're aimed more at family games and kids games.
Quarterstaff Games in Burlington, VT: They're in the Church St downtown district which means it can be hard to find a nearby parking spot. And they're also a second floor store which can be hard to notice from street level. Look for Earth Prime Comics.
Le Valet d'Coeur (aka The Jack of Hearts) in Montreal, QC: If you don't mind leaving the country in your quest for games. Parking can be difficult here as well (they're on St Denis).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
How tall is justice?
Canada
Georgetown
Ontario
flag msg tools
Who IS this masked man? And WHY has he never been photographed together with 6 year old millionaire playboy Calvin?
badge
I see a world that's tired and scared of living on the edge too long.
mbmbmbmbmb
MK99 wrote:
Gaming Cave in Malone, NY: This one opened about a year ago. They can be hard to find because they're on the second floor of the building and they don't have a big street presence. Look for the Adirondack Hardware store on East Main.

Wow. My inlaws have a cottage on Mt. Titus. I'll have to check out these guys the next time I'm there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty Sample
United States
MILFORD
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MK99 wrote:
Le Valet d'Coeur (aka The Jack of Hearts) in Montreal, QC: If you don't mind leaving the country in your quest for games. Parking can be difficult here as well (they're on St Denis).

This place is mind boggling. By far the most complete selection I have seen in a very long time, rivaled only by the Compleat Strategist in NYC and The Sentry Box in Calgary. No other places come close. Their wargame selection is especially impressive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls