Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Craig Phillips
United States
Quincy
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am going to be in Boston at the end of March and I was just wondering if there were any games stores close to Quincy Market (That is close to my hotel). Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent Reuber
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When I lived in Boston, I used to visit "The Compleat Strategist" near Symphony Hall. How do you get to Symphony Hall? (practice, practice, practice) shake

Take the Green Line (E line branch) subway and get off at the Symphony Hall stop. The Strategist is right near the subway station. That should be pretty simple from Quincy Market.

The Compleat Strategist, Boston Mass
957 COMMONWEALTH AVE
BOSTON, MA 02215
617-254-1166
Hours: Monday-Friday - 10:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Wednesday - 10:30 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Saturday - 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Sunday - 12:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Fournier
United States
Belmont
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Right address, wrong place. Compleat Strategist moved from the Symphony Hall area to the Comm Ave area a few years back. Now it's on the Green Line (B Line branch) at the Pleasant Street stop -- a stop or two after Boston University-West and the next block past the Agganis Arena (on the same side of Commonwealth Ave). It doesn't have much of a store front, unfortunately.

From a list shamelessly stolen from Funguy,
Other Boston area stores (all on public transit):

Eureka Puzzles and Games (Brookline) -- okay for most popular games. If looking for odd games, not the place. They do have great puzzles, especially wooden ones.

The Games People Play (Cambridge) -- Selection can be hit or miss. Great wargame collection. Euros are usually the most trendy ones.

Pandemonium (Cambridge) -- really hit or miss in terms of games. They are down in the basement with the Warhammer tables and probably not their biggest business. Can find real gems from time to time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Phillips
United States
Quincy
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks!

Thumb up