Subject: Looking in Lynchburg rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Wade Campbell
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Living in Lynchburg, VA... the exact opposite of "gaming capital of the world". Have a few friends that we game very infrequently and just curious if there's something we're missing. Closest shop I'm aware of is Charlottesville, so no place that hosts regular sessions(any others within about an hour? Nothing in Roanoke except for MTG I know of). I own just a few games (A Touch of Evil, Munchkinquest, Guillotine, Heroscape and Talisman for the most part) but still am pretty much a green-rookie-noob. Outside of a couple solos haven't even finished a multiplayer game of my newer ones. Any ideas/suggestions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Inks
United States
Holly Springs
North Carolina (NC)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yea, move to Fayetteville.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Di Toro
United States
Virginia Beach
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Depends on how far you're willing to travel for how much gaming.

Richmond isn't too far, there's a group there that gets together often at a local shop, and once or twice a year for an all day event

http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/RichmondBoardgamers/

If you're willing to come down to Norfolk, we hold a 12h event on the first Sat of the month:

http://tidewaterstrategygroup.org/index.php

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wade Campbell
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Will check those out... might be able to get away with those trips for a little "binge-gaming" ... thanks for the links!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
...sure...
Netherlands
Rijen
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://geekdo.com/thread/294366/flgs-of-the-usa-a-list-of-ga... ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Owen
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Heya,

I also live in Lynchburg and happen to be a game junkie. I regularly have a few people that I play with. We are in our 20's for the most part and just have fun, drink some beers/sodas and relax with our board game hobby. The only game that can get me and my buds really competetive is wh40k and sometimes agricola. Myself and my cousin work on the road for months of the year and the summer time is our game time. Message me if you still are looking for more people to play with, a bigger group could bring out some games that we usually skip due to too few players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Hartman
United States
Norfolk
VA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sorry I can't help you what with me living on the other end of the state from you but what caught my eye about your post was the fact it's in the Northeast grouping.
I thought "There's a Lynchburg up North?".
Imagine my surprise when I discovered that Virginia is considered to be in the Northeast! Even more interesting is that West Virginia is considered to be in the Southeast.

Forget the flame wars between Euro and Ameritrash! Who cares about pictures with women in them getting too many thumbs! This is vastly more* important!!

*In this case 'vastly more' is defined has 'not particularly'

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wade Campbell
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lonerking wrote:
Heya,

I also live in Lynchburg and happen to be a game junkie. I regularly have a few people that I play with. We are in our 20's for the most part and just have fun, drink some beers/sodas and relax with our board game hobby. The only game that can get me and my buds really competetive is wh40k and sometimes agricola. Myself and my cousin work on the road for months of the year and the summer time is our game time. Message me if you still are looking for more people to play with, a bigger group could bring out some games that we usually skip due to too few players.

Since my original post, we've pulled together a small group (6-10, depending) that have been doing first Saturday "binges" for the past couple of months. We organize it all on Facebook; Geekmail me and I'll pass along the details. Your style fits pretty much with ours (except that whole "in the 20's" thing... a few still are but most of us remember our 20's; the pictures help)

Stuff we've played has included Pandemic, LNoE, Guillotine, TtR and some other odds and ends.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls