Popular Tags: [View All]
Christopher Gritt
United Kingdom
Brighton
East Sussex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The March 2010 European maths trade has started. This is the place to discuss it!

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/52835/march-2010-europ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arne Hoffmann
Germany
Essenbach
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Christopher,

thanks again for running another Euro Math Trade. I see that you dropped the 5 piece limit. I hope this does not lower the overall quality of the trade. I guess we will see. Now lets see what I can put up as offers...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben P.
Germany
Aßlar
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll try to compensate for some of the additional junk by not putting my previously untraded stuff up again. It also will save you some precious minutes of scrolling time ;)

But since some of the things were untraded but not unwanted, feel free to browse my marketplace inventory: If you find anything you'd like to see in the trade (single items or game bundles), just notify me and I will put it up.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geekstore.php3?action=viewuser&...

Otherwise I'll probably skip this round, my new games need to be played before I start trading them away again and I didn't even get the games from the last Essen fair on the table yet :(

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Geggus
United Kingdom
Brentwood,
Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Chris,

Firstly - thank you for doing another one. Always fun.

Secondly - you haven't talked about non-game items. Are they acceptable this time around? I might be tempted to put some DVDs out there if allowed. If so, presume Paypal cash and certificates also okay?

Thirdly - if I could make a request to all traders please to list the actual language of the games you are offering. Language independent doesn't always help if you have to use copied rules or can't understand some minor parts of the game. The BGG description of a game as to it's language dependency may not always be correct or accurate. Please be open and honest about your descriptions. Math Trades have to rely on what a trader puts in writing, so errors or omissions could ruin a trade for someone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
United Kingdom
Milford Haven
Pembrokeshire
flag msg tools
Rai # 5 by Valiant Comics
badge
Jim Shooter is a comics legend!
mbmbmbmbmb
Wishlist is now up:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/52845/march-2010-euro-...

List any games you want.

Happy trading everyone, and thanks again to Chris!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg CZ
Hungary
BUDAPEST
Budapest
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
just to make sure that I get it right:v

"On Sunday I will draw down the combined want lists and publish them here with the trade results. Please wait for confirmation before setting up any trades."

the want list deadline is then sunday or 16th (tuesday) as written at the beginning of the list?

"List opens: 7th March 2010
List closes: 14th March 2010 at 22:00 UK time
Deadline for submitting lists: 16th March 2010 at 22:00 UK time
Number of items per user: Unlimited
Sweetners allowed: Yes
Duplicates allowed: Yes"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Gritt
United Kingdom
Brighton
East Sussex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
leaxe wrote:
just to make sure that I get it right:v

"On Sunday I will draw down the combined want lists and publish them here with the trade results. Please wait for confirmation before setting up any trades."

the want list deadline is then sunday or 16th (tuesday) as written at the beginning of the list?

"List opens: 7th March 2010
List closes: 14th March 2010 at 22:00 UK time
Deadline for submitting lists: 16th March 2010 at 22:00 UK time
Number of items per user: Unlimited
Sweetners allowed: Yes
Duplicates allowed: Yes"

Sorry- cut and paste error.

I've changed "On Sunday" to "When the want list submission period has closed". The want list deadline is Tuesday.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Soledade
Portugal
Leiria
Leiria
flag msg tools
designer
WYG Developer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Chris

Because of this item http://boardgame.geekdo.com/geeklist/52835/item/1227722#item... (this is just an example I've been following I guess there are more items in this situation) and since this is an European maths trade I suggest that traders should agree in sending games to Europe and not only to a particular country.
If you think this change makes any sense I would suggest you to implement it in the next European maths trade.

thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arne Hoffmann
Germany
Essenbach
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Soledade wrote:
Hi Chris

Because of this item http://boardgame.geekdo.com/geeklist/52835/item/1227722#item... (this is just an example I've been following I guess there are more items in this situation) and since this is an European maths trade I suggest that traders should agree in sending games to Europe and not only to a particular country.
If you think this change makes any sense I would suggest you to implement it in the next European maths trade.

thanks

I second this request - we have national math trades on the Geek where such games could be placed. Sending to a different european country does in my opinion not add any additional work or care - just additional postage fees. And for the latter a limit can be set in the offer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Robert
Belgium
Antwerp
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Math trade first timer, here, so I have a couple noob questions. Should I wait with configuring my want list till the last moment ( so I can see which games are all submitted ) or can I already do that and just edit it Monday night?

Also, what does mirror shipping mean?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yiorgos Golfinopoulos
Greece
Patras
GREECE
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Prosperoo wrote:
Math trade first timer, here, so I have a couple noob questions. Should I wait with configuring my want list till the last moment ( so I can see which games are all submitted ) or can I already do that and just edit it Monday night?

I note the games I want in my head and when the list closes, I go through it one more time deciding what will be in my want list. There's no need to rush. Many games will still be added and you 'll be choosing among them along the way.

Mirror shipping means: If the person I will be shipping to, ships for free then I will also ship for free.If he charges in some way then I will be charging in that same way.

Personally, I always ship for free in Europe and only trade with people that ship for free too. It can be more expensive but saves me a trip to the bank and it's easier.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Franklin
United Kingdom
Braintree
Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Prosperoo wrote:

"Mirror shipping" means different things to different people, which is why the introduction says "don't write 'mirror shipping', write what you actually mean". The inability of some people to read this is faintly annoying shake

I would suggest posting a comment to the item in question asking for clarification, if you don't want a nasty surprise.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, a question for my first math trade.

A bunch of people seem to specify "free shipping to the EU." I'm in Switzerland (not part of EU, but it is a part of the Schengen and other treaties). Generically, do you think most people would also ship free to Switzerland?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wouter Dhondt
Belgium
Anzegem
flag msg tools
My armor is contempt. My shield is disgust. My sword is hatred. In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
badge
Song of my soul, my voice is dead; Die thou, unsung, as tears unshed. Shall dry and die in Lost Carcosa.
mbmbmbmbmb
Probably, but ask them to be sure. Some use EU as an easy way to say Europe.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
andreo
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Using 'Deutsche Post' for a game up to 2kg/5kg costs

8,60/17,00 Euro for shipping to England, France, ...
(probably the same price for all EU countries)

13,90/30,00 Euro for shipping to Switzerland

At least for heavier games, I would not assume free shipping.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben P.
Germany
Aßlar
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jep, at least from Germany shipping to Switzerland is more expensive while the costs to all other EU countries are the same (except, of coure, all those special member state territories). So there you should definitely ask and if you're lucky, the user meant Europe instead of EU :)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
United Kingdom
Milford Haven
Pembrokeshire
flag msg tools
Rai # 5 by Valiant Comics
badge
Jim Shooter is a comics legend!
mbmbmbmbmb
From the UK, costs for posting to Iceland & Switzerland are the same as if they were in the EU (probably the same for other non-member states).

Just thought I'd let people know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks all! Looks like the answer is, ask to be sure on a case by case basis.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kamil Klapka
Czech Republic
Praha 10
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,
I second question regarding non-game items. Are they allowed or not? If so could it be specified - cash only, or other items as well?

thanks and regards
Kamil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Gritt
United Kingdom
Brighton
East Sussex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Soledade wrote:
Hi Chris

thanks

I'll allow it for this trade as I don't want to change the rules mid-way through.

My original thought it allowing this is that it may help a different pan-european item trade elsewhere in the trade even if it stays in one country itself.

It's also difficult to think of a workable rule. "You must be prepared to ship to any European country" would be simplest, but what about the Switzerland/Germany shipping discrepancy raised on this forum? And what about costs? Postage rules and rates vary from country to country. I suspect that this rule will remove all heavier items from the trade.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Gritt
United Kingdom
Brighton
East Sussex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kamixx wrote:
Hello,
I second question regarding non-game items. Are they allowed or not? If so could it be specified - cash only, or other items as well?

thanks and regards
Kamil

Non-game items (including cash) are fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
darren williams
Wales
maesteg
bridgend
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cggritt wrote:
Soledade wrote:
Hi Chris

thanks

I'll allow it for this trade as I don't want to change the rules mid-way through.

My original thought it allowing this is that it may help a different pan-european item trade elsewhere in the trade even if it stays in one country itself.

It's also difficult to think of a workable rule. "You must be prepared to ship to any European country" would be simplest, but what about the Switzerland/Germany shipping discrepancy raised on this forum? And what about costs? Postage rules and rates vary from country to country. I suspect that this rule will remove all heavier items from the trade.

Thanks for the clarification and I will sort it out for the next one, but I do think some of the bulkier items might no longer appear as some others like myself may be reluctant with the Paypal/Direct Transfer thing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Soledade
Portugal
Leiria
Leiria
flag msg tools
designer
WYG Developer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cggritt wrote:

I understand your point but the thing is that many of the traders already have a maximum payout for the shipping costs. I guess that the risk assumed by everybody currently trading within EU is exactelly the same and it won't change. What's the difference for someone who already writes in the item description: free shipping in EU? (which is, my guess, a majority of the traders). No difference at all for the next maths trade, right? Because they will still assuming shipping costs within EU.

If someone wants to handle things more carefully something like "I'll cover 14 euros of shipping" would work.

The main reason for this rule is not about changing shipping costs policy but the shipping policy itself.

thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cggritt wrote:
kamixx wrote:
Hello,

thanks and regards
Kamil

Non-game items (including cash) are fine.

I've taken the plunge to list down a cash offer item

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/52835/item/1229850#ite...

Anyone has suggestions on the cheapest (free?) way to effect any transfers from a UK bank to an European bank? I really do not want to pay the blood-suckers at my bank any fees if possible. angry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wouter Dhondt
Belgium
Anzegem
flag msg tools
My armor is contempt. My shield is disgust. My sword is hatred. In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
badge
Song of my soul, my voice is dead; Die thou, unsung, as tears unshed. Shall dry and die in Lost Carcosa.
mbmbmbmbmb
mimi2 wrote:
Anyone has suggestions on the cheapest (free?) way to effect any transfers from a UK bank to an European bank? I really do not want to pay the blood-suckers at my bank any fees if possible. :angry:

When your target has an international bank account number (IBAN) it should be free. And to my knowledge everyone has one even if they don't know about it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.