Marc Boulet
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
cult of the classics
mbmbmbmbmb
My family and I are going on vacation in Paris and Normandy in April. I would like to find a store that carries games not typically found in North America. Any recommendations?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Green Knight Games
United Kingdom
Cheltenham
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been to Jeux Descartes, 52 Rue des Ecoles, Paris - 01 44 07 35 01 and they're a well-stocked shop. Lots of RPG stuff. However their photo on Google Street View makes the shop look closed. Might be worth a phone call first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JC
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sbilbey wrote:
I've been to Jeux Descartes, 52 Rue des Ecoles, Paris - 01 44 07 35 01 and they're a well-stocked shop. Lots of RPG stuff. However their photo on Google Street View makes the shop look closed. Might be worth a phone call first.
That one doesn't seem to be closed as they'll be holding several games demonstrations on march 20th (according to http://www.jeux-descartes.fr/) though it will be closed on the 31st.

Then there's Ludikbazar (address is 6 rue Meissonier paris 17).

Unfortunately I can't promise you'll find anything not available in the US ... usually it's quite the opposite (french players eager to have a chance at grabbing what you get )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Green Knight Games
United Kingdom
Cheltenham
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jess_the_gamer wrote:
sbilbey wrote:
That one doesn't seem to be closed as they'll be holding several games demonstrations on march 20th (according to http://www.jeux-descartes.fr/) though it will be closed on the 31st.
It's good to know they are still going.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emmanuel B
France
Paris
flag msg tools
I'm just a villager! Believe me!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, Jeux Descartes is still open and it has the advantage of being a stone's throw to Notre-Dame and the Quartier Latin, right across the street from La Sorbonne university, a touristry neighbourhood. You can bring the spouse and family in front of the shop "by pure luck"

I'm afraid too that they won't have much games not available in the US, but maybe a couple...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shardeen Mehdi
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmb
there is also starplayer too at the Latin Quartier..

and also dragon at metro magenta line 5

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls