Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andy Clautice
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, I just finished reading BSG 58 "Starfortress III." It didn't take too long - sorry humans - but at the very end, I saw everyone posting ideas for character "achievements." Check it out. I love this idea. In fact, when I launch my next PBF game, I'm thinking I might toss some of these in for the players to grapple with! Of course, I'll probably need some more ideas...

This thread is for people to suggest, comment on, or brag about their own achievements. (And again, big ups to Poor Frisco and the rest of the Starfortress crew.)

Poor Frisco wrote:
Besides, I still have a bunch of Achievements I need to earn as the Chief.

Workers of the World, Unite!: Become President Tyrol.
Non-Commissioned Officer: Become Admiral Tyrol.
Cut the Blue Wire!: Play Engineering cards into the Bomb on Colonial One skill check and pass it.
All in a Day's Work: Repair all six Galactica locations in a single game.
Get Us Out Of Here!: Repair FTL Control and activate it on the same turn.
Snake Doctor: Repair eight Vipers in a single game.
Spanner in the Works: Reveal as a Cylon with the Damage Galactica Loyalty Card, while not in the Brig.
Jock Block: Put Helo in the Brig, while Boomer is also in the game and is Human.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Landon
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mb
Sorry, I haven't got any time to be creative, but I'm looking forward to seeing these!

Edit:
Okay, I'll do my best..

In Memory of '78: Use Consolidate Power to draw Piloting cards as Zarek
Resistance: Help the president escape the brig using your Friends in Low Places ability to decrease the difficulty
Coup D'état: Become the president after failing the Prisoner Revolt crisis card skill check
Soylent Green: Use your Unconventional Tactics ability to increase Food
No Regrets: Get executed by the admiral
Grab for Power: Become the president by executing, or nominating yourself with Administration
Expect the Unexpected: Use Preventative Policy to protect Population when activating your Unconventional Tactics ability
The Circle: Succesfully execute another player after activating the Airlock location yourself without playing cards into the skill check
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Beck
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
Felix alearum famis! Et posse impares sumus erimus en tui semper favoris.
badge
Proprietor of The Bored Gaymer, BGG's most popular blog with the words "Bored" and "Gaymer" in the title!
mbmbmbmbmb
I couldn't help but be reminded of WoW's achievement system =)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ackmondual
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Epic frakup: fail all of the win conditions on your agenda card by at least 80% as a Cylon Leader or Sympathetic Cylon (e.g. with Galatica destroyed, 2 or less Galactica locations damaged equate to 100% failure)

The Black Plague was here: Lose the game due to all human characters getting executed

Double the cylon victory: Win the game with 2 "You are a Cylon" cards, which may be revealed, unrevealed, or mix and matched.

Rogue squadron elite: Destroy a basestar while piloting a viper, with that viper.

Someone did this his first turn as Starbuck!!

300 tough: Take out 2 centurions without the use of Quorum cards

Too drunk, emotionally disturbed, sick, crazy, and/or unlucky to be pulling the trigger: Fire at and miss 3 raiders in a row.

Never seen: get executed as Helo before your Stranded weakness resolves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Clautice
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I just picked Boomer in PBF 65, so I'll try some Boomer ideas. Many of these are inspired by the show, but some are just random ideas.

Athena Rising: Receive the "You Are a Sympathizer" or "You Are a Sympathetic Cylon" loyalty card.
Black Out: Draw the "Water Sabotaged" or "Missing G4 Explosives" crisis on your turn.
Can't Cage the Beast: Reveal as a Cylon without ever having been in the Brig.
Out of Character: Issue an Executive Order.
Raptor Expert: Risk at least five Raptors in one game without losing any.
Special Mission: Destroy a Basestar with distance at 8 or more.
Thank You, Sir: Reveal as a Cylon, sending William Adama to Sick Bay.
Trust Me: Use Mysterious Intuiton to pass the "Cylon Virus" crisis.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Chav
United States
Taylorsville
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Completed:

Double the cylon victory:
300 tough
Too drunk, emotionally disturbed, sick, crazy, and/or unlucky to be pulling the trigger:
Out of Character: This was before playing Pegasus, much harder to do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Chav
United States
Taylorsville
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There seems to be a lot of ones that are easy to create.

Request Resignation - Bill
Declare Matial Law - Tigh
Forced Water Mining - Apollo?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ackmondual
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Man, achievements are so much easier when you have a computer tracking it, like in video games. But I digress, the PBF style does capture and retain everything. The real challenge is to come up with visuals for all of these awards meeple

Full ensemble - play as each of the characters
desperado cylon-o - use the Ressurection Ship location to draw a different super crisis card
PBF x.0 and x.5 and x.8 - Reach the 7th round in any given game of 5 or more players
showoff - Win the game without using your OPG ability.
The human "cylon" - At game end, reveal yourself to be human with 3 or more loyalty cards

more for Pegasus:
Mass killjoy - get executed 3 times
overkill - Be in a game where a Brig attempt was made on Starbuck with Cylon Hatred plus Jury Rigged activated
The needs of the many, outweight the needs of the few - Jump the fleet away from New Caprica with at least half the # of humans still on the planet

Never mind, not good to metagame and deliberately get the rules wrong
eager cylon - If you have more than 1 loyalty card and mistakenly reveal all of your loyalty cards upon being executed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Clautice
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A few ideas for everyone's favorite scientist, Gaius Baltar:

Campaign Promises: Be the President during the New Caprica phase while Laura Roslin is human.
Detector Protector: Be the only player to put cards into the "Detector Sabotage" crisis and pass it.
Gotcha!: Use Cylon Detector on a hidden Cylon.
Ladies' Man: Be the only human male character in the game.
Leave Me To My Work!: Win a game without ever leaving the Research Lab.
Jack of All Trades: Use Delusional Intuition to draw all five non-Treachery skill card types in one game.
Pocket Rockets: Receive two "You Are a Cylon" loyalty cards at the beginning of the game.
Truly Delusional: Use Delusional Intuition to draw Treachery twice in one game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pieter
Netherlands
Maastricht
flag msg tools
Nobody is prefect.
badge
Good intentions are no substitute for a good education.
mbmbmbmbmb
While BGG was down, I wrote a big list of these, some of which were copied from PBF BSG 58 (which you can find above, and for which I extend my thanks to the original posters). I tried to balance them to make them actually usable in a PBF game. That means that at a time when an achievement is acquired, it should be possible to announce this without affecting the game (e.g., an achievement that says "receive both Cylon cards at the start of the game" is unsuitable as this cannot be announced). All the achievements are targetted at the base game, as I have not played Pegasus (yet). Here it is:

PBF BSG Achievements

Cylon Victory:
1. Metal Overlord: Being part of a winning Cylon Team
2. Successful Sale: Win the game as Cylon by Centurion destruction.
3. Silent Explosion: Win the game as Cylon by damaging six Galactica locations.
4. Out of Gas: Win the game as Cylon by reducing Fuel to zero.
5. Resorting to Cannibalism: Win the game as Cylon by reducing Food to zero.
6. What's the Point?: Win the game as Cylon by reducing Morale to zero.
7. Extinction: Win the game as Cylon by reducing Population to zero.
8. No Mercy!: Win the game as Cylon in 20 turns or less.
9. No Way Out: Winning the game while fulfilling multiple victory conditions.

Human Victory:
1. Metal Crusher: Being part of a winning Human Team
2. Sunday Drive: Win the game as Human without ever having activated FTL Control.
3. Are We There Yet?: Win the game as Human while needing six or more jumps.
4. The Scenic Route: Win the game as Human while jumping a distance of 10 before reaching Kobol.
5. Offer a Lift: Win the game as Human while all Cylons are still unrevealed.
6. Rush Hour: Win the game as Human in 30 turns or less.

Anyone Playing Skill Cards (note that "playing a card" means "using it as action or interrupt"):
1. Power Hungry: Playing more than 8 Consolidate Powers in a game.
2. Pencil Pusher: Playing more than 6 Investigative Committees in a game.
3. Sloth: Playing more than 8 Executive Orders in a game.
4. Panic Monger: Playing more than 6 Declare Emergencies in a game.
5. Explorer: Playing more than 8 Launch Scouts in a game.
6. Strategist: Playing more than 8 Strategic Plannings in a game.
7. Slippery Eel: Playing more than 8 Evasive Maneuvers in a game.
8. Angel of Death: Playing more than 6 Maximum Firepowers in a game.
9. Duct Tape Hoarder: Playing more than 6 Repairs in a game.
10. Genius: Playing more than 6 Scientific Researches in a game.

Anyone:
1. Vicarious Living: Receiving 10 or more Executive Orders in a game.
2. Winston Churchill: Becoming PrAdmiral.
3. Bonaparte: End your turn with every player who is not a revealed Cylon in the brig, except you.
4. By Your Command: Revealing as a Cylon on an Executive Order.
5. Hypochondriac: Going to Sickbay three or more times in a game.
6. Versatile Genius: Having at least one skill card of every colour in your hand.
7. Get Us Out Of Here!: Repairing FTL Control and activating it on the same turn.
8. Destined for the Brig: Holding four loyalty cards (five if Boomer or Baltar).

Team Achievements:
1. Never Look Back: Activate FTL Control at least four times in one game.
2. The Great Escape: At least three players leave the brig on consecutive turns.
3. Who's Flying This Thing?: No players are aboard Galactica.
4. Epidemic: All players, except revealed Cylons, are in Sickbay.
5. Lockdown: All players, except revealed Cylons, are in the Brig.
6. All Hands on Deck: Have all players which are not revealed Cylons perform an action in a single turn.
7. Four of a Kind: End the game with all resources at the same value.

Any Pilot:
1. The Porkins Award: Launch in a Viper and get shot down by Raiders in the same turn.
2. Hotshot: Destroy 10 raiders within the span of one jump.

Any Military Leader:
1. Darling of the Press: Having at least six Politics cards in hands.
2. Handyman: Repairing at least one Galactica location.

Any Politician:
1. Tables Turned: Becoming Admiral.
2. RTFM: Playing at least one Evasive Maneuvers to save a Pilot from damage or destruction.

Any Support:
1. Snake Doctor: Repair six Vipers in a single game.
2. All in a Day's Work: Repair at least five different Galactica locations in a single game.

President:
1. Sarah Palin: Failing at least three Inspirational Speeches.
2. Weight Watcher: Failing at least two Food Rationings.
3. Omnipotent: Drawing the last card of the quorum deck.

Admiral:
1. Fill It to the Rim: Choosing at least two Tylium Planet destinations.
2. Seven-League Boots: Choosing three distance-3 destinations.
3. Political Beast: Acquiring the Presidency as Admiral through Administration.

Revealed Cylon:
1. Hard to Satisfy: Exchanging your supercrisis card at least twice.
2. Crisis? What Crisis?: At the game's end, never having activated Caprica.
3. Fear of Change: At the game's end, never having picked any skill cards from outside your human skillset.
4. Sympathetic: Letting the humans win on your turn.

Laura Roslin:
1. Frakked If You Do...: Choose an Assault for Religious Visions.
2. Skills Be Damned: Activate a location on Galactica (not Colonial One) at least six times in a game.

Gaius Baltar:
1. One-Track Mind: Never use Delusional Intuition to draw Tactics or Piloting cards.
2. You Can Tell Me, I'm a Doctor: Examine one or more loyalty cards of at least three other players.

Tom Zarek:
1. Pleasant Company: At least three times in a game, end your turn in the same location as another player while on Galactica and not in the Brig or Sickbay.
2. Mysterious Tactics: Use the Unconventional Tactics skill to increase a resource which has decreased no more than two points from its initial value.

Lee "Apollo" Adama:
1. Cautious: Do not discard for the whole game.
2. They Set Them Up, I Knock Them Down: Use both nukes during activation of the Alert Viper Pilot ability.

Kara "Starbuck" Trace:
1. Clouded Destiny: Use the Secret Destiny ability to replace an assault with another assault.
2. Chewbacca Defense: Managing to stay out of the brig on an Admiral's Quarters activation while the value for a pass is 2 or less.

Sharon "Boomer" Valerii:
1. Always Be Prepared: Play at least three Executive Orders while in the Brig.
2. Threesome: Share a location with both Chief Tyrol and Helo.

Bill Adama:
1. It's All Mine!: Use Command Authority to grab at least three value-5 cards.
2. My Quarters Are for Sleeping Only: Brig at least two other players.

Saul Tigh:
1. Clean, Sober, and At Peace: Never lose cards due to Alcoholism, or use the Cylon Hatred ability.
2. Magician: In a single turn, effectuate the switching of the titles of President and Admiral.

Karl "Helo" Agathon:
1. Unlucky: At least six times in a game, fail a reroll of the dice.
2. Fraternizer: Receiving the Sympathizer card while being Stranded.

"Chief" Galen Tyrol:
1. Workers of the World, Unite!: Become President.
2. Jock Block: Put Helo in the Brig, while Boomer is also in the game and is not a revealed Cylon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Clautice
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dang, that's extensive! There's definitely a couple that I don't see how they can be done in just the base game, though. For instance, I don't think it's possible for the Humans to win on a Cylon turn unless you get the jump icons from Caprica or you're infiltrating. Apollo also can't launch two nukes off AVP without a Critical Situation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pieter
Netherlands
Maastricht
flag msg tools
Nobody is prefect.
badge
Good intentions are no substitute for a good education.
mbmbmbmbmb
Wood4Sheep wrote:
Dang, that's extensive! There's definitely a couple that I don't see how they can be done in just the base game, though. For instance, I don't think it's possible for the Humans to win on a Cylon turn unless you get the jump icons from Caprica or you're infiltrating.

You can. Cylon goes to Caprica and chooses a crisis. He picks an assault. The assault places a viper in space. Human Apollo launches in the viper, and for his bonus action he sends an XO to another player, who goes to FTL Control and jumps the humans to Kobol. But I have to admit I had to think a bit about this one.

Wood4Sheep wrote:
Apollo also can't launch two nukes off AVP without a Critical Situation.

No, but he can on two separate AVP actions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Clautice
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Flyboy Connor wrote:
Cylon goes to Caprica and chooses a crisis. He picks an assault. The assault places a viper in space. Human Apollo launches in the viper, and for his bonus action he sends an XO to another player, who goes to FTL Control and jumps the humans to Kobol. But I have to admit I had to think a bit about this one.

I stand corrected! Now that I think harder about it, I suppose the humans could pass Crippled Raider or Network Computers off of Caprica as well. So it is indeed possible.

Quote:
Wood4Sheep wrote:

No, but he can on two separate AVP actions.

That makes more sense. For some reason I was reading it as all-in-one-go. (My way doesn't actually even work, since Apollo doesn't get a Movement step off of AVP either.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Goldfarb
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wood4Sheep wrote:
And he can't with one, either. Critical Situation is a Movement power, and so can't be used for the Action the Apollo gets from AVP. The only way that I can see to launch both nukes on one AVP is if Apollo XO's the Admiral.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian H.
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow - thanks for the positive feedback! Tbear and I came up with more Achievements, I'll see if I can get him to post the collection. A lot of them were already thought of by posters above, but with different names, of course. Quite a few originals though, nice work!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Walker
United States
Vienna
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Flyboy Connor wrote:
Team Achievements:
1. Never Look Back: Activate FTL Control at least four times in one game.

I'd change this to a Human Team Achievement for "never auto-jumping" or possibly "Human victory while never auto-jumping".

Add for anyone:
Starship Pilot: Activate FTL at least 3 (4?) times in one game.
Reckless Driver: Activate FTL more than once in a game and lose population every time.

Other possibilities coming out of Game 61:
Self-Hatred: Tigh uses his Cylon Hatred to help throw himself in the Brig. [Tigh]
I can't shake him!: Fail most of your attempts at Evasive Maneuvers (4 failure minimum) [anyone]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Clautice
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Orphius wrote:
Self-Hatred: Tigh uses his Cylon Hatred to help throw himself in the Brig. [Tigh]

I don't have time to read the whole thread at the moment, but I'm awfully curious about this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Chav
United States
Taylorsville
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wood4Sheep wrote:
Orphius wrote:

I don't have time to read the whole thread at the moment, but I'm awfully curious about this.

I just did. He was trying to save resources since he couldn't stop his accusers from throwing him in.

It's around page 22/23

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian H.
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here are some more; I apologize if there are duplicates.

Adama:
Delegating Authority: Issue an Executive Order to another player who then activates the Admiral's Quarters to brig a third player.

Any Pilot:
Death Blossom: Use Maximum Firepower twice in a single turn.
Hotshot: Destroy 10 raiders in the span of one Jump.
Cut the Red Wire!: Play a Piloting card into the Bomb on Colonial One Super Crisis, and pass it.

Anyone:
Doctor's Orders: Executive Order another player out of Sick Bay three times in a single game.
Loaves and Fishes: Successfully play both Food Rationing Quorum cards.
Silver Tongue: Successfully play all four Inspirational Speeches.
Police State: Issue both Arrest Orders in a single turn.

Apollo:
Aces of Aces: Destroy 9 Cylon ships in a single turn (Max Firepower + Alert Viper Pilot)
Cautious: Go the entire game without discarding.
Fly Away Home: Use your Alert Viper Pilot ability to Reveal as a Cylon.
Fat Apollo: On your turn, pass a skill check which awards +1 Food, or, choose a Destination which awards +1 Food and succeed at the die roll.

Boomer:
Life Sentence: Win the game (regardless of Loyalty) without leaving the Brig after the Sleeper Phase.

Cylon:
All Aboard!: Place all four Centurion markers aboard Galactica.
Evolve Emotions: Receive the Sympathizer Card while already holding a Cylon Loyalty Card.
Lightning Coup: Brig all Human players in one turn.
Meltdown: Force a loss from a Destination Card.
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing: As a Cylon, win the game without Revealing.
You're Goin' Nowhere!: Win the game before the Sleeper Phase.

Humans:
Achieve the Impossible: Win the game as a Human.
Avenger of the Twelve Colonies: Destroy every basestar that appears through the course of the game, and win.
Live Vicariously: Only action taken on your turn throughout the game is to XO another player.
Robot Butler: As a Human, win the game with a Centurion aboard Galactica.
Security: Deny all Cylon players their Reveal abilities (Brig or Airlock).
This Old Battlestar: Have five Galactica locations damaged, then Repair them all.
Toothless Tiger: Destroy a single basestar's hangar bay and weapons systems.

Rolsin:
Bed Rest: As a Human, win the game without ever activating a location.
Physical Therapy: Activate a location three times in a single game.

There are more, I'll dig them up when I have some more time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Walker
United States
Vienna
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Danath wrote:
Wood4Sheep wrote:
Orphius wrote:

I just did. He was trying to save resources since he couldn't stop his accusers from throwing him in.

It's around page 22/23

We also weren't certain whether he or Baltar was the 2nd Cylon, though Tigh was the likely candidate. So by helping out to brig himself, he continued to sow our mistrust of Baltar, which we gave into, brigging them both.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Chav
United States
Taylorsville
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You're never going to believe it: The same crisis card is looked at three times before it's drawn.

Just happened in BSG 01000001 (A).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vanja Grujic
Serbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Flyboy Connor wrote:

2. Winston Churchill: Becoming PrAdmiral.
3. Bonaparte: End your turn with every player who is not a revealed Cylon in the brig, except you.

In a recent game, we had a Bonaparte Churchill; An unrevealed Cylon had everyone else (including his ally) in the Brig, and he was PrAdmiral as well. To make matters worse, he was also Adama and managed to brig us all without Admiral's Quarters.

Should I even say that Humans were OBLITERATED that game ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Fanjoy
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Danath wrote:
You're never going to believe it: The same crisis card is looked at three times before it's drawn.

Just happened in BSG 01000001 (A).
Looked at three times, or looked at by three different players? The first is actually not that hard (Boomer in the brig Scouts, then Recons, is two looks; next player Scouts is three)

Here's a classic:
Nice Landing: Activate Press Room twice in one turn, without using Critical Situation or Executive Orders

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Engstrom
United States
Mount Prospect
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
Paint it red; RED 'UNS GO FASTER!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
We're famous!

Wow, this is a really extensive list!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turczi
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Here are a few that came up in our games:
Jump ships: Complete a Personal Goal, draw a You Are A Cylon instead of it and reveal it on your next action.
Jump ships and sharks: The same as above, only do it in one turn (XO, SoE or CS)
Very Alert Viper Pilot: Jump into a viper twice in one round [Apollo]
Against all odds: Win a game as a lone cylon player in a 5 player game - no CL allowed. (with Divided Loyalties)
Damagedealer: Damage Pegasus three times in a single game (by a single player) with Pegasus CIC (that I've seen happen)

more will come to my mind later
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.