Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
55 Posts
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Trades

Subject: Spring Into New Games - Canadian Math Trade - Discussion Thread - RESULTS POSTED rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daisy Manning
Canada
Mount Pearl
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Spring Into New Games - Canadian Math Trade
Discussion Thread

RESULTS POSTED!

Trade GeekList: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/53265
Request GeekList: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/53266

On-Line Want List Generator (OLWLG) will be required for this event. If you have any questions regarding the use of the OLWLG, feel free to ask in the discussion thread or via GeekMail.
Please remember to tip JeffyJeff & cokasaki some GG for their programs.

Key Dates & Times (EASTERN TIME - Take Note of AM/PM):
Open for posting games: Immediately until Saturday, March 27th (2:45 PM)
Want list submission period: Saturday, March 27th (2:45 PM) until Monday, March 29th (6:00 AM)
Results about an hour thereafter!

These times were chosen to fit within the other Math Trades which are currently taking place. This will allow those interested in taking part in multiple math trades the ability to do so. I know myself I'm leaning only towards Canadian Math Trades anymore as shipping is beginning to cause problems with international trades (it doesn't leave many options for good trades). These dates are non-negotiable and will not be changed. Please try to get your want list in early as it will not be extended due to any downtime.

Rules:

1) You must have a valid Canadian address to which your items will be shipped (ie. You don't have to be a Canadian to participate; however, you will need to have a Canadian address where the games can be shipped).

2) Do not delete or remove items from your entries once you have submitted them!

If you trade/sell or for any other reason cannot trade the item as listed before the end of the Math Trade, edit the geeklist item and strike out the text (Example: EXAMPLE; to do this: [ - ] EXAMPLE [ / - ] minus the spaces), change the Game ID to 23953 (Outside the Scope of BGG) and add +altname+ Item Withdrawn/Relisted -altname- and submit a blank wantlist for the item.

You can add items to your entries as sweeteners once they have been listed; however, you may NOT then remove such sweeteners (as someone may have added the item to their list because of said sweetener).

3) Gift certificates, Geekgold, and non Board Game/RPG items are all permitted. Gift certificate and GG arbitrage is NOT permitted. Cash offerings will NOT be permitted.

Gift Certificate & GG arbitrage is when you try to trade a gift certificate or an amount of GG for a higher gift certificate or higher amount of GG respectively. For example, adding a $40 Gift Certificate to your want list for a $25 Gift Certificate. I reserve the right the submit a blank want list on your behalf if you attempt gift certificate or GG arbitrage.

4) Non-game entries (DVDs/CDs/GG/Gift Certificates etc) must be listed as Outside the Scope of BGG (Game ID: 23953), Miscellaneous Game Accessory (Game ID: 5985) or Miscellaneous Game Merchandise (Game ID: 22104) and must include the +altname+ brief description -altname- format in the description of your item. Use of the +altname+ brief description -altname- will only work if one of these is selected as the main item, and will NOT work for sweeteners.

Therefore, if you are offering an expansion for which there is no entry in BGG (for instance expansion cards handed out at Essen) and NOT the base game, you are required use "Miscellaneous Game Accessory" to help avoid confusion.

5) In your entries you are required to describe the condition of the components & box as best as possible for all items you are trading (ie. You are required to describe the condition of games which are New (In Shrink) and any included Sweetners).

It is not acceptable to simply say as pictured. For those who use the OLWLG to add entries they will not see the image. It is always best to grab your game, check the box and just list the publisher/edition in the post.

For games which have multiple languages and editions, you also required to specify the language and edition of your item.

For games which are not being sent in shrink you are required to inventory the components and list anything missing. Do not assume that the game is complete, even if you have never played the game and just removed the shrink.

Please list if the game is coming from a smoke free environment or not.

If the game and/or expansion you are listing is a "Print & Play" you are required to make that clear in the description (give specifics what it was printed on, mounted on, etc).

If you are listing an expansion, and you would like to reference the base game in the description; be clear one way or the other if you are including the base game or not. Do not include a link to the base game unless you are including it (ie. if you include a link to the base game, you will be required to send the base game).

If you do not list a condition, missing components, edition or smoking details the game will be considered to be in excellent to mint condition, complete, English language and from a non-smoking home.

6) Sweeteners are required to be listed using the GAMEID formatting (Example: Coloretto; to do this: [ G A M E I D = XXXX ] minus the spaces). To find the Game ID simply search the game and at the right hand side of the games page is listed the Game ID. For example, Coloretto's game id is 5782. If you don't use this format your sweeteners won't show up in the OLWLG properly.

Do NOT include links to other game's BGG page in your entry unless you are actually including them as a sweetener. Again, if you include a link to a game in your description you will be required to ship that game.

If you would like to include a link to a game you are NOT including; use www.tinyurl.com (or a similiar service) to create a link that will redirect to the game's page (Example: http://tinyurl.com/my4h67 instead of http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/5782 or Coloretto), or use one of the pictures from the game's listing (Example: See Below, to do this: [ I m a g e I D = XXXX ] minus the spaces). To find the Image ID simply search the game, and find the picture you would like to link, at the left hand side of the image page is listed the Image ID. For example, the main image for Coloretto's Image ID is 149765. If you don't use this format your items will show up as sweeteners, and you will be required to ship that game.

7) If you are offering a Pick X number of games from a list you are required to listed it as Outside the Scope of BGG (Game ID: 23953), Miscellaneous Game Accessory (Game ID: 5985) or Miscellaneous Game Merchandise (Game ID: 22104) and must include the +altname+ Pick X -altname- in the description. Use of the +altname+ brief description -altname- will only work if one of these is selected as the main item, and will not work for sweeteners. Therefore if you are allowing a person to pick from multiple sweeteners and are including a specific game; you are required to listed it as Outside the Scope of BGG (Game ID: 23953), Miscellaneous Game Accessory (Game ID: 5985) or Miscellaneous Game Merchandise (Game ID: 22104) and must include the +altname+ GAME NAME + Pick X -altname-.

8) You will be required to cover the full shipping costs for the games you are shipping to any valid Canadian address. If you're shipping and want to pay extra for insurance, without the recipient requesting it, that's your choice and that cost should not be passed on to the recipient without their prior consent. However, if the recipient requests and is willing to pay for priority shipping/insurance, please accommodate accordingly.

9) There is no list cap; therefore, you can submit an unlimited number of items. If there is something you really hope to see someone post; please list it in the Request GeekList.

10) If you've been reported as a bad trader, you cannot participate. If you try to, I will remove your entries. If you see someone posting entries who is a bad trader, please let me know. I reserve the right to submit a blank want list on behalf of any items (though unlikely). If I do submit a blank want list on your behalf; I will notify you via GeekMail.

11) You are NOT permitted include links to where you are selling the item/game (example BGG Marketplace link/E-bay link). This makes your entry look like you are only trying to sell your game and not looking to trade it. As this is a Trade list, items here should be those you are looking to trade not advertise for sale.

12) You will be required to periodically check your entries for Comments, and respond to them as appropriate. The OLWLG will let you know if any of your items have unanswered comments.

13) You will be submitting your want list using the OLWLG.

It is best to work on your want list and submit it early, so you don't miss the deadline. If you need to make changes after it is submitted, you can make the necessary changes and then resubmit it any time during the submission period (this does not cause any extra work for me, so feel free to do this as often as needed).

If you will be unavailable during the want list submission period but still wish to participate, contact me directly and we can discuss alternatives.

Creating want lists is not the same as submitting them. To submit them you will need to click on the "Submit My Wants" button. If you're not sure how to find this, consult the documentation referenced above or ask in the discussion thread. When you submit your want lists, you will receive a confirming GeekMail. If you do not get one, your want lists have not been submitted. Your want lists in the GeekMail may be truncated - this is fine.

Other useful information:
OLWLG Guides: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/30011
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/32005 (Duplicate protection)
http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/159648
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/OLWLG

Software Used: TradeMaximizer 1.4 with duplicate protection. METRIC=USERS-TRADING

Note: Only errors by the moderator will invalidate the results.

Also in the case that there is a problem after the results are posted, at most it will only invalidate the affected trade chain(s) and not the entire results set. In addition if the problem can be resolved by the most directly affected party or parties, then that is perfectly acceptable.

If you've never used the OLWLG before:

1) Follow this link - http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/bgglogin.cgi
2) Enter your BGG name and click on "Send Now".
3) You will receive a GeekMail containing your own personal link to the new OLWLG.
4) For assistance using the OLWLG please see the links provided above.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daisy Manning
Canada
Mount Pearl
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Spring Into New Games - Canadian Math Trade - Discussion Thread
In the end we missed:

# MISSING 38 WANTS (7.8%) FROM 6 USER(s) (8.8%):
# dcorban (10)
# Desaix (9)
# General Uptick (1)
# jonocop (11)
# Marfried (4)
# Superman (3)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daisy Manning
Canada
Mount Pearl
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Some Links:

Users List
Official Summary
Official Wants
Most Wanted
Who Wanted Yours?

A Few Statistics:

# Users with items: 68
# MISSING 38 WANTS (7.8%) FROM 6 USER(s) (8.8%):
[ users trading = 42 ]

42/62 = 67.7% of Users who Submitted a Want List Received a Trade

# Item count: 483
Num trades = 73 of 445 items (16.4%)

109/641 = 16.4% of Items that had a Want List Traded

Num groups = 6
Group sizes = 31 19 13 6 2 2
Elapsed time = 4138ms
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daisy Manning
Canada
Mount Pearl
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And what everyone wants to know:

Results (OLWLG)
Results (Text)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murray C
Canada
Vancouver
British Colombia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Huzzah! I thought you didn't love us anymore!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Snake
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
At last!!!

I was starting to go crazy!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Klinck
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for waiting for the TABSCon trade to end. Now I know what I have to offer for this one!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Burt
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mb
Darn you! All my games are packed because I am moving in two weeks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daisy Manning
Canada
Mount Pearl
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MrScaryMuffin wrote:
Huzzah! I thought you didn't love us anymore!

surprise How could I ever stop loving you?! kiss

As for reasoning behind the delay, I wanted to wait for the TABSCon trade to end. I prefer to run trades when there are no conflicts. If I know even waiting will involve conflicts, then I'll try to schedule around other things as best as possible. But it's always nice to not have to worry about what is trading in this math trade versus what I want to trade in another.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Calgary
AB
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Hey! Did you forget to list this in the Math Trade Announcements Thread?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daisy Manning
Canada
Mount Pearl
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
paperfred wrote:
Hey! Did you forget to list this in the Math Trade Announcements Thread?

Nope, just haven't had a chance yet. modest I should really get to that. whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Lamothe (popmart)
Canada
La Prairie
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Uh-oh... WARNING!! Someone didn't follow the rules and just removed a game from the list...

Edit: I just found out that it was Item 289 which was mistakenly entered as a duplicate... Will OLWLG be fine with this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It will sync as normal.

It also uses unique identifiers, so there is no harm done even if someone were to have worked on their want lists already.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manchuwok
Canada
Mission
BC
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it just me, or is this trade list looking rather weak in content?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In terms of quality of games offered?

manchuwok wrote:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manchuwok
Canada
Mission
BC
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cannibal Ox wrote:

manchuwok wrote:

That's what I meant, yes. There are, of course, some notable exceptions but I mean in general.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
manchuwok wrote:
Cannibal Ox wrote:

manchuwok wrote:

That's what I meant, yes. There are, of course, some notable exceptions but I mean in general.

Totally agreed. Way too much junk posted (especially a lot of junk that keeps being re-posted every single math trade).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, obviously the same games will be posted in every math trade. It's not like we gather a whole new batch of games to trade every few weeks.

Besides, I haven't added my games yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Klinck
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I admit the number of actual games on my want lists is pretty small. However, that's mostly because:

(1) I look through the list and say "that's a great game - I have it".
(2) I have lots of games, and don't really need more right now. I have a few things I'd like to "find good homes" for, that I think I can get something reasonable for - but if that something is a gift certificate that I can use sometime in the future, I'm happy with that.

There are definitely some items on the list that, I would say, demonstrate a great deal of optimism in the person hoping to trade it. Some of my listings in earlier math trades were like that, too. I hope I've managed to package my listings so they now at least appeal to someone. I always check my "who wanted mine" lists after, to see how I'm doing...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Epp
Canada
Abbotsford
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cannibal Ox wrote:
manchuwok wrote:
Cannibal Ox wrote:

manchuwok wrote:

Totally agreed. Way too much junk posted (especially a lot of junk that keeps being re-posted every single math trade).

Sorry, is that me you're referring to)? blush I'm slowly trading down my collection, but unfortunately my wants are slowly being reduced too as I make successful trades... I usually end up making a few trades each MT, so hopefully that will continue this time too! whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jepp wrote:
Cannibal Ox wrote:
manchuwok wrote:
Cannibal Ox wrote:

manchuwok wrote:

Sorry, is that me you're referring to)? blush I'm slowly trading down my collection, but unfortunately my wants are slowly being reduced too as I make successful trades... I usually end up making a few trades each MT, so hopefully that will continue this time too! whistle

No, not you. Just a general statement after taking a look at the items posted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Klinck
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, Daezee...

The OLWLG says that the submission window is open, but I don't have the button to submit... Did you forget to set up the "official format"?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Parker
Canada
Cobble Hill
BC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
iklinck wrote:
Hey, Daezee...

The OLWLG says that the submission window is open, but I don't have the button to submit... Did you forget to set up the "official format"?

Same. Was beginning to wonder if I had forgotten something myself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dany Simard
Canada
Gatineau
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We can't submit with OLWLG!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Johnson
Canada
St.John's
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
designer
“Brothers, oh brothers, my days here are done, the Dornishman’s taken my life, But what does it matter, for all men must die, and I’ve tasted the Dornishman’s wife!”
badge
"Oak and iron guard me well, or else I'm dead and doomed to hell." - Andal proverb.
mbmbmbmbmb
Daisy is at work right now, I'm sure she will fix this issue when she get's home and I mention it to her. Maybe she'll even extend the submission time period.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.