8 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » United States » Midwest

Subject: Game Stores In St Louis rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Thor's Hammer
msg tools
mb
I have fond memories of visiting all the game stores in St Louis. I think there was one in Des Pere, several off of 270, and one on Kingshighway. Anyone know if there are still any wargame/boardgame stores in St Louis? I moved away from the area about 25 years ago. Now, I have daughters going to college in St Louis and I want to spend a weekend visiting them and going to game stores
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donal Hegarty
United States
Webster Groves
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's the Fantasy Store chain which has stores on manchester in maplewood, One in St. Charles and one on north linbergh north of i-70. (http://www.fantasyshoponline.com)
Theres Gamenite (gameniteshop.com) in South county mall. Minature Market out in south west county on 1-44(minaturemarket.com) near there is the gathering ground (all CCGSgatheringground.com). And there there is animagiation in the St. louis Mills outlet mall. not sure they have a website.

I have my preferences as to which of these I use but I will let oyu explore them for yourself.

Donal
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thor's Hammer
msg tools
mb
Thanks Donal!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Langston
United States
Northfield
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I used to commute to St. Louis every week. I spent a lot of time in the evenings at Miniature Market, Fantasy Shop, and Gamenite in South County. Three great stores - each for a different reason.

There is a very active boardgame meetup group in the St. Louis area too. Check it out if you have time - they have something going on about every other night.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Maurer
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would check the Edwardsville and Fairview Heights area on the Illinois side as well. Each city has a decent game store within a reasonable driving distance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thor's Hammer
msg tools
mb
Richard: My daughters attend SIUE at Edwardsville. I found one game store there called Heroic Adventures. What is the name of the store in Fairview Heights?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Aemisegger
United States
Glen Carbon
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Heroic Adventures is where we meet on Monday Nights. If you happen to be around or need someone to play with on the weekend. We can always see what we can do as far as getting a few people together to meet you.

Check out the Edwardsville Il, thread.. or www.atomicsquash.com.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Rice
United States
LIHUE
HI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would recommend staying away from "Gathering Ground".

When my order arrived, it was the wrong product. I emailed - no response. I phoned, and got the answer:

"We were out of those, so we sent you something similar."

I didn't want "similar", I wanted what I ordered. You should have notified me so I could have cancelled, instead of just shipping something else. How can I get a refund?

"Just reseal the package and return to sender."

USPS charged me an additional $1.50 to return an already opened package. I called again, and Gathering Ground assured me they would add that to my refund.

One month later, I still have no refund, and Gathering Ground says they "have yet to receive the return."

I have disputed the transaction with Paypal.

They still have the item listed for sale on their website, even though they are supposedly out of stock!

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THESE PEOPLE!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls