Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
We always have time for the things we put first.
mbmbmbmbmb
Alphabet Soup on the Commons in Ithaca, NY is stocking more gamers' games. I was in there yesterday and saw things like Bohnanza, Empire Builder, Pentago (wood and plastic), and new things like Atlantis and Cardcassonne.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mystery McMysteryface
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
indigopotter wrote:
Alphabet Soup on the Commons in Ithaca, NY is stocking more gamers' games. I was in there yesterday and saw things like Bohnanza, Empire Builder, Pentago (wood and plastic), and new things like Atlantis and Cardcassonne.

Hmmmmmmmm.... Empire Builder may be something you might want to look into as it does fit your gaming style.....and has little confrontation or "take that" - and you are building your routes and fulfilling your demand cards. We bought the smaller map of India Rails and really enjoyed our 1 play. Since it is a longer game--although it doesn't feel long--we haven't gotten it back to the table, but both want to!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.L. Robert
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Follow me for wargames!
mbmbmbmbmb
Great to hear. Still miss Vanguard Games from 20+ years back...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mystery McMysteryface
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
EgorjLileli wrote:
indigopotter wrote:

Hmmmmmmmm.... Empire Builder may be something you might want to look into as it does fit your gaming style.....and has little confrontation or "take that" - and you are building your routes and fulfilling your demand cards. We bought the smaller map of India Rails and really enjoyed our 1 play. Since it is a longer game--although it doesn't feel long--we haven't gotten it back to the table, but both want to!!

Of course, the only negative I see for you/your taste is that the production values are not "pretty" or "wow!" just functional. The load chips are not attractive and the board is plain--but it has to be in order to be functional.

Sigh.....anyway, I know you're not looking for more games right now anyway!! Just something to keep in mind (especially for trades you might be making if someone offers you a crayon rails game).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent Stewart
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're in the Ithaca area, The Enchanted Badger is the game shop you want. They have a large selection of board games, tables for playing and learning too. It's not JUST Magic the Gathering, but they have that too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls