Subject: Target: Axis & Allies Spring 1942 for $15 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ms Aura

California
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was in randomly in Target today and found this for $14.98 in clearance. I do not know if this was awesome or not but thought some of you would like to find this. Now that I'm thinking about it, I'm probably the only one left who didn't own any Axis & Allies game.

Sorry if this is not in all Targets, I found this in a San Bernardino County Target
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Burcham
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ive always wanted to try out an axis and allies. Is this a good one?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Earls
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's a pretty good deal. I own almost all the AA games, with the exception of this one and the most recent version that has come out. You can look at this games reviews and check out what people think. My issue is that I own the Anniversary Edition and none of them compare to that IMHO.

Thanks for the post though, I might check Target out in my area today and see.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TOGB
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah - i saw 21 at my Target the other day. I'll wait 'em out...maybe they'll go lower. I remember buying some BattleGround Battle Chest sets for 4.21!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Knepper
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, Target appears to be replacing Axis & Allies: 1942 with Catan, 4th edition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter
United States
Carol Stream
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
Casual Gamer
badge
You'll get over it.
mbmbmbmbmb
Burchamj wrote:
Ive always wanted to try out an axis and allies. Is this a good one?

Well different people will give you conflicting feedback. This version of A&A has a few different rules and the pieces are slightly altered. This happens each time they release a new version of the game. Similar to James Bond, each group of A&A fans tend to prefer the version they were introduced to the best.

Many people I talk to lately seem to prefer the Axis & Allies Revised version better. In truth the A&A series is a great series of games overall. Plus with he added benefit of all the alternate versions and rules being available here at Geekdo, you can find endless fun with A&A.

For $15.00 you can't go wrong, and if you don't like the rules just get a copy of an older set of rules from a different version and use those to alter game play.

Edit: typos.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Pimentel
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Which Target was it in?

Kevin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Jacob
United States
Mankato
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Aging One wrote:
Yeah, Target appears to be replacing Axis & Allies: 1942 with Catan, 4th edition.

Yeah. My Target made the same switch within the last few weeks. However, they only have A&A 1942 on a %30 clearance for $21... I too will wait for at least %50 off.

On a side note, I snagged the Catan card game at my target for $4. A %75 clearance according to the sticker. I asked an employee if there were any more, but she said it was an online only item. Apparently someone returned their online order to my store and they just threw it out on clearance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ms Aura

California
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kevin,

I grabbed the second to last copy at the Montclair Target (near the mall)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.L. Robert
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Follow me for wargames!
mbmbmbmbmb
There were two copies at one Target near me. Marked down to $20.98 (30% off). Got one at that price, and will check again periodically to see if/when the other copy drops further in price.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry
United States
Gold Canyon
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather . . . not screaming and yelling like the passengers on his bus
mbmbmbmbmb
OP, thanks for the heads up! Picked up the last one at my Target for $15. They are now carrying Settlers for $42.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Coscio
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I grabbed a couple of these at the Lake Street Target in Minneapolis a few days ago. There were some left and they aren't marked as on sale. It says $30 on the shelf but I scanned it and it came up half off.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Chu
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They are down to 75% off down in miami

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grady
United States
Oak Ridge
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Found two in NC at a Target. One marked down to $15 and one marked down to $7

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Johnston
United States
Williamsburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aging One wrote:

Half price here: $12.48
I picked up another copy for the extra pieces.
Catan is $41
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill DuBois
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks op. I found 3 sets in Concordville, PA for $7.48 each. Now I have to try and print out a 50th board and paint some peices brown for the Italians.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TOGB
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheOriginalGameBoy wrote:
Yeah - i saw 21 at my Target the other day. I'll wait 'em out...maybe they'll go lower. I remember buying some BattleGround Battle Chest sets for 4.21!!

Success - nailed 3 over the weekend, as well as a copy of Killer Bunnies Redux for 6 bucks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Khoury
United States
White Oak
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there some sort of clearance area in Targets? I checked a couple of local stores and didn't see anything on the shelves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill DuBois
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The copies I found were in the toy clearance section in the toy area. They were not with the other board games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry
United States
Gold Canyon
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather . . . not screaming and yelling like the passengers on his bus
mbmbmbmbmb
JVKhoury wrote:
Is there some sort of clearance area in Targets? I checked a couple of local stores and didn't see anything on the shelves.
At mine they have the clearance games on the end displays of the aisles of the toy section.....not mixed in with the regular price games. I didn't find one the first time I went then remembered someone here mentioned the clearance section.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TOGB
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Futza wrote:
JVKhoury wrote:
At mine they have the clearance games on the end displays of the aisles of the toy section.....not mixed in with the regular price games. I didn't find one the first time I went then remembered someone here mentioned the clearance section.

Same here. Board games are on the back wall, and on two of the end caps facing the board game wall there were clearance toys, including the games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Khoury
United States
White Oak
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. I found 2 today; they were, at most, ten feet away from where I was looking before.

The good news is that, thanks to my complete ineptitude, the price had gone down to $7.48 each by the time I found 'em.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emperors Grace
United States
Rexford
New York
flag msg tools
Hello!
badge
All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost;The old that is strong does not wither,Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep.

I've watched them fall over the past few weeks and just picked it up for 7.48 yesterday myself.

Only downside to waiting was the damage someone did to the box in the meantime.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.