Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom Volpe
United States
Evanston
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm visiting my parents in Lake Mary Florida and was wondering if there were any good game stores nearby.

Thanks in advance for the help!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Wagner
United States
Wood River
Nebraska
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Try CoolStuffGames which is just a half hour drive (depending upon the traffic.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Knauer
United States
Heathrow
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I work in Lake Mary- Cool Stuff is your best bet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zack Hiwiller
United States
Winter Park
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Their old place was under construction when I was down there last month and didn't have a sign to show where they moved to. If this is still the case, look at the suite at the end of the strip mall closest to Aloma Ave.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Gates
United States
Essex
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Take Florida 417 South (Central Florida Greenway) into Orlando. It's an expressway with tolls, but the tolls aren't that bad and it will get you from Seminole County to Orlando in a hurry. What it also does is give you an exit onto Route 50 (E. Colonial Drive) that is only a few minutes away from Sci-Fi City (trust me, you don't want to take 436 down to Rte. 50) at 6006 E. Colonial Drive.

CoolStuff has better prices than Sci-Fi City, but Sci-Fi City can be a fantastic place to browse (and they do have sales). It has boardgames, CCG's, miniatures, comic books, anime, miniatures on display ... heck, they sell swords.

Best of all, it's about 10-15 minutes away (depending on traffic) from CoolStuff. So, if you have time, wander through Sci-Fi City, maybe find some good things marked down, then go hit CoolSuff for its cheaper prices. Just get back on 50 going west, make the right onto 436 (you're only going a few miles, so it won't be that bad), make a right onto Aloma Avenue and the shopping center with CoolStuff will be on your right just before Forsyth Road.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Bacchus
United States
Altamonte Springs
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm from just up the road in Altamonte Springs. I'm going to buck the trend and refer you to this thread - http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/471124/any-game-shops-ar...

About midway down the list, I posted a bunch of is.gd links to google maps for a bunch of stores. We're blessed in Central Florida with a cavalcade of great game stores. (As of this writing, all of the shops mentioned are still open (CoolStuff's storefront, however, has changed suites in the same strip mall) and there have been a few additions in more esoteric locations).

P.S. Don't let my first statement detract you from CSG. It's my go-to store as well for Euros & AT. The only oversight is no minis. If you want that, look elsewhere (Rhubarb Games would be a good alternative and it's close to CoolStuff).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Hayford
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
CoolStuff is great for board games, RPGs, and CCGs. Minis, as has been mentioned, you'll probably want to look elsewhere.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Bacchus
United States
Altamonte Springs
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You bring up a good point. I forgot about CCGs when they are primarily a CCG shop. If you're looking for game time as well as a place to purchase, bear that in mind. They have, however, carved out Wednesday evenings for board game night there. I've played there on Wednesday's a few times. It seems to be very well attended and I had a blast.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Bacchus
United States
Altamonte Springs
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
zhiwiller wrote:
Their old place was under construction when I was down there last month and didn't have a sign to show where they moved to. If this is still the case, look at the suite at the end of the strip mall closest to Aloma Ave.

They have the end/corner suite that faces outward toward Aloma on the strip closest to the 7-eleven. They now have a large sign over the shop visible from the road. Their old suite now houses their online operations. The new suite is pure storefront.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Nadler
United States
Altamonte Springs
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't forget, there is also a Colosseum of Comics in the Sanford Mall. This is one exit north on I-4. They are a little more pricey - more than Cool Stuff, but if you factor the distance and gas, you may be just as good. They tend to price closer to MSRP, so be prepared for that.

They are downstairs in the mall.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls