Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Max
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any truth to rumours that Queen Games has got the rights to publish a licensed version of Poisson d'Avril Das Kartenspiel, scheduled to be released just before Essen this year?

I've only seen the picture below of garygarison's home made version, but it looks promising, and it would be good to see this supposedly grail game actually see the light of day in some form or other. Not having played the original board game, how does the card game compare with it? Is it kind of like how San Juan relates to Puerto Rico?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John So-And-So
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
badge
You and the Cap'n make it hap'n
mbmbmbmbmb
Latest scuttlebutt over here is that Queen is putting out feelers, but Wallace Sonderling (Willi's grandnephew) is asking for an untenable licensing fee, and demanding that nearly 90% of the mechanics remain intact. Obviously, the playing time is drastically shorter (around 6 hours), but Queen's still a little iffy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Eugene
Oregon
msg tools
mb
Magnificent game! Think Samurai meets Tichu, with asymmetric partnerships that change each round, depending on high bidder for the role of Big Fish. Rumor is that Alea had an opportunity to publish this game after their big success with Puerto Rico, but the contract negotiations fell apart. Bitter, the suits at Alea decided to appropriate some ideas from the game and release an overhauled version of their own creation. Mammoth Hunters was the result, and as we all know, Alea is still suffering from that curse.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Wilhelm
United States
Sandy Springs
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, that picture takes me back. When I was like five, we had a Go Fish game that had pictures of fish rather than numbers - in fact, the cards in the picture were from that game. I haven't thought about that in years.

Also, for what it's worth, the French need help. I've always wondered how the sticking fish on people tradition came about...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
EGG Head
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dang, now I have to get a copy of this too!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Eugene
Oregon
msg tools
mb
I'm your pusher man, Lorna. The first taste is free!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Tuxbury
United States
Albany
New York
flag msg tools
badge
SHAZAM!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm surprised that no one has yet expressed amazement that they're making a card game of Poisson d'Avril, when the board game was originally based on a card game. A card game, based on a board game, based on a card game? Crazy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.