Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gage Sills
United States
Keizer
Oregon
flag msg tools
mb
Are there game stores in the Salem/Keizer area besides Borderland Games?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Sonny Rollins - A Night at the Village Vanguard
badge
Gates of Eden - Ethan Coen
mbmbmbmbmb
Matt's Cavalcade is in Corvallis, if you don't mind driving that far. Then again, I suppose you can get to larger stores in Portland just as quickly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ty Wyman
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HobbyTown USA at Argyle Square in Wilsonville; good selection; great people.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Garlinghouse
United States
Lebanon
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wild Things used to be at 1288 State St in Salem, not suer if they are still there or not.

Come down to Corvallis this weekend, Just a Game Con is happening at Benton County Fairgrounds.

http://home.centurytel.net/GOMC/JAGC.htm
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Onstad
United States
Donald
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gergle wrote:
Wild Things used to be at 1288 State St in Salem, not suer if they are still there or not.

I drove by it the other day and it looks like it is still there. I haven't been in it in a while though, so no promises. I would second the earlier reccomendation of Hobbytown in Wilsonville. although corvallis would probably be an equivalent distance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryann Turner
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a few GameStops (gulp)... and the aforementioned Wild Things (mostly a CCG/Comic shop though).

As far as game stores in the surrounding area, there are a few great ones:
Guardian Games (3rd Ave in downtown Portland, great gaming every other Sunday and the biggest selection)
Bridgetown Hobby (Sandy Blvd in Portland and a nice store with a good selection)
HobbyTown USA (Wilsonville, as mentioned, good selection of games and lots of D&D and Warhammer stuff)

However, since you're in Salem, I can't really recommend Borderlands enough. They have always been great to me (first name basis and personal orders, etc) and they host board game nights and board game tournaments. Can't really beat that in Salem/Keizer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Beau Bailey
United States
Missoula
Montana
flag msg tools
Why don't you believe me?
badge
Seriously, I'm a weasel.
mb
btizo wrote:

However, since you're in Salem, I can't really recommend Borderlands enough. They have always been great to me (first name basis and personal orders, etc) and they host board game nights and board game tournaments. Can't really beat that in Salem/Keizer.

I'm with Bryann. Borderlands is an excellent store and the staff is very helpful and friendly. I have had special orders that required them to go outside their normal supplier and they had no problem doing it. Wild Things is not even close when it comes to board games and is not quite equal with Borderlands for CCG related activity.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Brokaw
United States
Hillsboro
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
It's not a damn moped!
mbmbmbmbmb
btizo wrote:
As far as game stores in the surrounding area, there are a few great ones:
Guardian Games (3rd Ave in downtown Portland, great gaming every other Sunday and the biggest selection)
Bridgetown Hobby (Sandy Blvd in Portland and a nice store with a good selection)
HobbyTown USA (Wilsonville, as mentioned, good selection of games and lots of D&D and Warhammer stuff)

There is also a huge selection of games at:
Rainy Day Games (TV Hwy in Aloha)

The GeekDad blog in Wired labeled Rainy Day Games as one of the top 10 geeky places to visit in the Portland area:
http://www.wired.com/geekdad/2010/03/ten-geeky-places-to-vis...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Bush
United States
West Linn
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a game store in Tualatin that has some games, probably 50-100 in stock. On Boones Ferry road just North of McDonalds accross from New WES station. Looks like old house. Also has comics.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Garlinghouse
United States
Lebanon
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have heard there is a new store in Monmouth. Can't remember the name, I'll ask my source.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls