Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
1 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » OLD BGGBlogs (do not use)

Subject: Game shopping in Tokyo, part 2 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Hans Persson
Sweden
Linköping
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just went for a walk on my lunch hour and visited Möbius Games (http://www.mobius-games.co.jp/). This is just by the Suidobashi subway station, and just opposite the Tokyo Dome Hotel (which I didn't know when I stayed there a year ago...).

The store is on the fifth floor and you need to take a completely non-descript elevator to get there. There were some small signs out on the street that I assume were about the various shops in the building, but none of them are comprehensible unless you know Japanese (which I don't).

The store was rather small but well-stocked with German games. Most of them in German with Japanese translations taped to the back (which is a bit annoying, since it's usually impossible to read the back of the box). There were a few games in English as well and one or two in Japanese.

I didn't buy anything, since I assume that I can get most German games cheaper when I get home, since I live pretty close to Germany.

The very friendly man behind the counter spoke the best English I've encountered in Japan so far, and he was kind enough to direct me to another Yellow Submarine store (I mentioned that I had tried and failed to find the one that was supposed to be nearby). This one is in Akihabara, and apparently even had a sign in English. That's a place to visit during the weekend, definitely.

We also talked a little about games in general, and he lamented that the games market in Japan is so small, so that almost no games get translated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls