Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
1 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » OLD BGGBlogs (do not use)

Subject: Game shopping in Tokyo, part 4 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Hans Persson
Sweden
Linköping
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was hoping to get today off work. Not so, since I got a call from the office before I had time to get out in the morning, so I headed over there and tinkered a bit. That problem sorted itself out pretty quick, though.

Yesterday, I also got a message from BGG user puppi (http://www.boardgamegeek.com/user/puppi) living in Tokyo, wondering if I was interested in meeting. The problem at work now solved, I called him and we set up a meeting in Shinjuku in half an hour.

Puppi turned to be a very nice guy, who also spoke the best English I've heard in Japan. I had a great time talking about games, travel, languages and other stuff.

I also did some shopping while talking:

- Tokyu Hands: Triominoes, Japanese pocket edition of Settlers of Catan, with magnetic pieces. Seems great! Since I already know the game, the Japanese rules and cards aren't a problem.

- Kinokuniya bookstore: Japanese Original Scenery, a picture book with photos of Japan.

- Yellow Submarine: A complete set of cylindrical dice and a couple of others, and a small plush Cthulhu. Iä! Iä! Cthulhu f'thagn!

After this, we failed to find a seat at Starbucks, so we had our tea (me)/latte (puppi) in a nearby italian restaurant. Great day, even though rain poured down when I got off the subway at the hotel. On the other hand I don't need to actually go out to get from the subway to the hotel. On the third hand, I still need to go out to find something to eat (but now I at least have my umbrella handy).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls