Hans Persson
Sweden
Linköping
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This morning I took a walk from my hotel to a store called Haibara (by Nihombashi station) that is supposed to sell handmade Japanese and other stuff (I do book binding, so I'm interested in things like that). Last time I was in Japan, Haibara was closed since I happened to be here during the Obo holiday. I hoped to have better luck today, but not so. This time Haibara was closed just because today happened to be a regular Sunday. I don't think the sign I read a few weeks ago looked like that.

After that I strolled down to the south end of Ginza and then started to walk back north again. The first stop was a toy store called Toypark. Just inside the entrance they had a huge variety of playing cards and tarot decks. After a while I noticed a sign reading "World Playing Card and Tarod Fair". To be a world fair I'd say it was pretty small, but it still had a much larger variety than I had expected a normal toy store to have. Since I didn't have any tarot deck before, I made sure to get one now. On a different floor, I also found an electronic die. This is like a plastic ball (size like a ping-pong ball) with seven LEDs set into one side. If you shake it, they flash about for a while, and then settle into a die-side pattern. Of course I need one of those.

Somewhere in the northern part of the same street (Chuo-dori), I found a very small shop that specialized in Go and Shogi. As far as I could see, they had nothing else. But what they had was beautiful. If you feel like buying a Go board for ¥100.000, this is the place.

After that, I went to Otemachi subway station. This is bizarrely big. I counted signs for at least 38 different exits, and if that wasn't complicated enough, it's also connected to Tokyo Station...

From there, I took a train to Jimbocho and strolled around that area for a while (having a second look in Okunu Karuta and Shosen), but not buying anything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SAKURA in KYOTO 2018 Back to Kansai
England
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jammy
So let's get this clear Hans. You have been sent to Tokyo by your boss to do a few minutes work each day and then shop for games.

You are being paid to wander round Tokyo shopping.

For games.

In Tokyo.

Paid.

You jammy sod.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans Persson
Sweden
Linköping
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, something like that. What a drag, huh?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls