Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gerald Katz
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello.

I've decided to start my Power of the Day posts here. Who am I? I am the creator of Hacker, author of Masochist's History, and I like to think I'm the inspiration for the red/yellow/green rating of the powers. I say that because for many years I would make regular postings to the rec.games.board.ce newsgroup offering commentary on the published powers, powers I created, and powers I learned from other people. Part of the commentary would include whether the power was good for Novice players, Intermediate players, and Expert, meaning how well the power would play based upon the experience level of the players to the game.

I will be posting semi-regularly my own opinions about the published powers, my powers, and powers learned from others. I will try to use Fantasy Flight terminology, but because I am very much used to the old terms, don't be surprised if I write Edicts instead of Artifacts, tokens instead of ships, bases instead of colonies, etc.

Because Fantasy Flight hasn't introduced Lucre yet, I won't be commenting on Lucre powers this run through of the powers. Also, for those who know me, I won't include my variant of Pulsar cards. I expect Boardgame Geek has a much wider audience than rec.games.board.ce, so I will be trying to keeps things simple for this first run through.

I try to give credit to those whose powers I learn. Most non-published powers that I did not create are learned from my friend Matt Stone, but there are a few from others. I will also be including powers from Cosmic Encounter's Eon/Mayfair days that have not yet been published for Fantasy Flight.

Don't forget to tip the Butler!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.