United States
Glendora
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmb
Joe - Very nice!

You did a great job of explaining the game while showing the components that related to what you were describing. I think you gave people a good feel for how the game plays without going into too much detail.

Thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Les Haskell
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You had me at "I like it a lot. I've been playing it all night". I was actually trying to peek through the blinds to see if the sun was coming up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christoph Haeberling
Switzerland
CH-8570 Weinfelden
TG
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
very interesting, I would like see a turn through of a solo game, when you say that you pick the equipment for your men in secret, well how does that work if you if you are playing with the solo cards?

This works in a totally different way. For your forces you select the equipment as usual. For the AI opponent you count the number of possible equipments and then you take that many equipment counters (no matter which). This is then a pool of counters which will be used according the instructions on the Solitaire cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Di Ponio
United States
Lake Orion
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Joe!!!

That is just the kind of review i was looking for. Gave me a good feel for whats involved and an nice overview of the components. I look forward to playing this SOON!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I am glad that Johnny Jaws is my friend.
United States
Enumclaw
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
I know who I am. I'm the ant playin' the ant, disguised as another ant!
mbmbmbmbmb
Joe, how much simpler to grasp are the rules for Frontline compared to Up Front rules?

Thanks for the review. Good stuff.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mariano Rico
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ZombyDawg wrote:
You had me at "I like it a lot. I've been playing it all night". I was actually trying to peek through the blinds to see if the sun was coming up.

He sounds kind of sleepy to me too...i bet he just taped it before going to bed

Great review as usual Joe, very clear explanation of the game system. Totally agree with you about the rules being a bit convoluted, having some misses here and there that really make them a bit harder to understand that they should be. But all in all, enjoyable game indeed.

Plays solo quite good as well, so kind of a two in one purchase!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Gorman
United States
Lee's Summit
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great review - plus I just won this on eBay, for a fantastic price! Glad I take the time to watch your reviews Joe (although my wallet and wife are not too pleased).

Steve G.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Steadman
United States
Evans
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
slate43 wrote:
Joe, how much simpler to grasp are the rules for Frontline compared to Up Front rules?

Thanks for the review. Good stuff.

A lot easier...

Joe

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel
United States
Santee
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Another great vid.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.