Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steven Barcelo
United States
Berkeley
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anybody know of a good board games store in Little Rock? I'm driving through today and looking to pick up a game for the friends we're staying with tonight.
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Glidden
United States
Denver
CO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't been there (LR or the game store) in years, but there used to be a decent one here:

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=34.760963,-92.380912&num=1&sll...

Hmm... that link didn't work exactly like I expected. The store was (is?) in the Galleria Shopping Center at N Rodney Parham Rd and Southedge Dr.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Glidden
United States
Denver
CO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Google street view confirms that it was still there when the street view photo was collected (and jogs my memory that the store is named, "The Game Room").

Good luck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Barcelo
United States
Berkeley
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the quick response. I'd seen people mention the Game Room, but couldn't find it's address, this should help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
...sure...
Netherlands
Rijen
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://geekdo.com/thread/294366/flgs-of-the-usa-a-list-of-ga... ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Shaw
United States
North Dakota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not certain if they have boardgames, but I know they PLAY boardgames there, that's the home city of Trolllord games if I recall correctly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Kuminski
United States
Little Rock
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jmglidden wrote:
Google street view confirms that it was still there when the street view photo was collected (and jogs my memory that the store is named, "The Game Room").

Good luck.

Actually that store closed...

One not in Little Rock but not too far off is Imagine Board Games out in Sherwood. The address is 8122 JFK BLVD, Suite C Sherwood, AR 72120

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Melton
United States
Conway
AR
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been hosting Board Game Night @ The Bat Cave Cards and Comics in Conway for about a year now. We meet at 7pm on Tuesday nights and 3pm on Sunday afternoons. If you participate in Board Game Night, the Bat Cave owner gives a 10% discount on board games and board game supplies, which is awesome.

As this goes to print, there are about 5-8 core players and any number of others who show up on a regular basis. It's a very warm group. We'd love more, as long as you bring a friendly attitude! You're welcome to bring your own games also.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
deacon atkins

Arkansas
msg tools
Is this group still going on? Getting into tabletop games and would like to sit in a time or two if possible.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Francis
United States
Norwood
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In Little Rock, Game Goblins is an excellent store. They recently relocated to a larger space in the shopping center they inhabit, so there's plenty of room for stock and a very large gaming room. They host events every weekend and several nights a week. Knowledgeable, friendly staff; great selection; hugely supportive of the gaming community.

Imagine Games in Sherwood I've only been to once, and it left something to be desired. It's in a strip mall in a small space that shows its age. Smaller selection. I know they also host events. Can't comment on the staff or the quality of events, but if I spend more time there I'll update.

Someone already mentioned The Bat Cave in Conway, which is another great store. Their selection is dense and wide-ranging, and they also have gaming space. Owned by a local couple who have been at it for almost 10 years, I believe, and are excellent ambassadors for the hobby.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Mills
United States
Hot Springs
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
There's also The Game Store in Jacksonville. I think they do board games on Saturday afternoons, but the shop is large and there are always players about.

The Benton Library does family board game days on Saturdays from 12 to 3 PM and the last Wednesday evening of every month.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Francis
United States
Norwood
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, good point about libraries! I know there's a game night at the main Central Arkansas Library System library in Little Rock -- weekly, I think. Maybe Tuesdays?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliva Blackwater
msg tools
Most of the central Arkansas stores are great. Here is a list of the ones I have been to.

Game Goblins - Very clean and professional store in Little Rock. It feels like a chain store (which is not a bad thing). The staff are pros and know how to treat a customer. If there is something you are wanting, chances are it is in stock and waiting for you to get it. They just got a new location and it is HUGE. A must see when in the area.

Imagine Hobbies and Games - Very small shop in Sherwood (North Little Rock). Guy who runs it named Jay is a very nice guy and is always fun to talk to. His staff is hit and miss. Very old location and parking kind of sucks but otherwise a good store that seems to care about the community. He seems to always has the most fun and exciting prereleases. Lots of themes and parties!

Mizewell Games - Conway has always had a curse for game stores. None of them seem to be very successful or stay open very long. This one has stayed open the longest. Very big store, huge gaming area, lots of product. Owner seemed nice enough even though there are a lot of rumors that he was involved with someone who represented his store trading fake magic cards (all this is hearsay and is not proven) Still makes you worry about buying anything there that is not sealed.

Stage 2 Games - this store (in Cabot) is a video game store first that has now moved to a HUGE location and now are starting to do tabletop. Very nice staff, cool location, lots of parking. TVS and couches set up to play video games if you need a break from table top. Has big plans for the future of the store and the community. Highly recommended.

Geex - A very small store in Searcy. The owner seems nice enough. The store is in a kinda sketchy part of town. Store is old and seems a slight bit in disarray. Not a huge selection but it is a small store doing the best they can with what they have. Playgroup has always been friendly and I really do wish it success.

The Game Store (aka Game Zone Alpha) - Store in Jacksonville that is now in the location of the old Hastings. If I could put into words how bad this store is I would. STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE AT ALL COSTS!!!! The owner had to change the name of the store and step away from running it because of the horrible name and reputation the old store name (Game Zone Alpha) had. New name, same shady owner and business. This store is a cancer for the bad blood and hatred between all of the stores and has single handily shattered a strong gaming community that is just now starting to rebuild itself with the other stores. Constant drama coming from the owner and the staff, whether you asked to be a part of it or not. Also good luck actually buying anything you want. The owner thinks its a good idea to buy 20 cases of stuff no one asks for but need a copy of the hot new item everyone wants and that every other game store has in stock, NOPE! Sorry. Come in next week thinking they reordered and have it, NOPE! And its always 900 excuses why they done have it, meanwhile every other store has it constantly stocked ready to be bought. In this day and age, with as much competition as this area has is inexcusable. Can not say it enough, GO TO ANY OTHER GAME STORE THAN HERE!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls