Popular Tags: [View All]
Yoki Erdtman
Sweden
Södertälje
flag msg tools
badge
Handsome devil huh?
mbmbmbmbmb
Board to Death TV reviews Conflict of Heroes: Storms of Steel! – Kursk 1943.

They give it 9 out of 10 and summarize the game thusly.

What's Cool:
Tactical & Strategic.
So many different war elements.
Fast paced and easy to teach.
Boards can be used in other games as well.
Random damage tokens.
Nice rule book full of examples.
Great photography and artwork.
Online Scenarios for re-playability.
Has real historical situations, units, and stories.

What's Not:
A little on the heavy side.
Doesn't come with anything to organize all those tokens.

Neutral Information:
The Zip lock bags are NOT included.

P.S. I have permission to post the Board to Death reviews at this site.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
.308 Jake
Canada
Hamilton
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Adding Caps to an attack doesn't give you more dice to roll. It just adds to the attack value at a 1to1 ratio up to 2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yoki Erdtman
Sweden
Södertälje
flag msg tools
badge
Handsome devil huh?
mbmbmbmbmb
trippercook wrote:
Adding Caps to an attack doesn't give you more dice to roll. It just adds to the attack value at a 1to1 ratio upto to 2.

Exactly right, see my comment on Vimeo from three months ago.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Kow
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Yoki,

Have you played Awakening the bear before? And how would you review that game against Storm of Steel? I remembered that there are slight rule differences between the 2 of them.

Would it be worth to keep both ?

Thanks
Jerry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yoki Erdtman
Sweden
Södertälje
flag msg tools
badge
Handsome devil huh?
mbmbmbmbmb
Sweetslut wrote:
Have you played Awakening the bear before? And how would you review that game against Storm of Steel? I remembered that there are slight rule differences between the 2 of them.

Would it be worth to keep both?

Hello Jerry, I'm not affiliated with Board to Death more than helping them post their reviews on BGG. I do love Conflict of Heroes: Awakening the Bear! – Russia 1941-42 (AtB) and am hoping to receive Conflict of Heroes: Storms of Steel! – Kursk 1943 (SoS) at my upcoming 40th b-day party. I do play AtB using the SoS rules, and would definitely say that it's worth having both. However, if you can only afford one at this time, then you might want to start with SoS.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasta Batman
United States
Tustin
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
Yokiboy wrote:
Hello Jerry, I'm not affiliated with Board to Death more than helping them post their reviews on BGG.

I'm a fan of the BtD reviews - they are unique, tackle games I care about, and have high production values. I'm curious, why are they keeping BGG at arm's length?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yoki Erdtman
Sweden
Södertälje
flag msg tools
badge
Handsome devil huh?
mbmbmbmbmb
pastabatman wrote:
I'm a fan of the BtD reviews - they are unique, tackle games I care about, and have high production values. I'm curious, why are they keeping BGG at arm's length?

They apparently found it a hard site to use, and made some social snafu's in posting links to their reviews right in the middle of active threads about the game. If I recall correctly they were even banned, and after a few more tries sadly gave up on the site. I'm seriously hoping the current usability testing goes well, and we can get a more newbie friendly site eventually.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasta Batman
United States
Tustin
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thanks. Kind of odd - they manage to run a website, tackle tough games, make great videos, but had trouble navigating this site and what passes for etiquette around here? FWIW, I support their return.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rory Colling
United States
VICTOR
NY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's "Balka" not"Balaks".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.