Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Hovan
United States
Elkhart
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I will be in this area of Chicagoland for the weekend and might have some time on my hands. Is there an FLGS nearby?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Reeve
United States
Geneva
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are several on the north side of Chicago, but your best and closest bet is Games Plus in Mt Prospect... but it's not really that close. I think for Lisle it'd be about half an hour away, but it's a GREAT store and probably worth a visit if you can manage the time and getting up there.

games-plus.com is their website.

- Alan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Ross
United States
Winfield
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I echo Alan.

The outlying suburbs are sadly lacking in much gaming goodness. All of the shops I visited downtown and north shore were top notch.

Pat
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Kefauver
United States
Elgin
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Definitely worth going to games plus. It's a 45 + minute drive for me depending on traffic, but you can't find better... At least not until I start mine somewhere else.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Reeve
United States
Geneva
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nessmk2 wrote:
Definitely worth going to games plus. It's a 45 + minute drive for me depending on traffic, but you can't find better... At least not until I start mine somewhere else.

Let me know when you open... I'd love to have a FLGS in the Tri-City area and would definitely support it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
VETRHUS of Rogaland
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
An ash I know, Yggdrasil its name. With water white is the great tree wet; thence come the dews that fall in the dales. Green by Urth's well does it ever grow.
mbmbmbmbmb
A good game store is sorely missing on the SW side. Naperville/Downers Grove would be excellent. Downtown Downers Grove would be my choice, next to Anderson's Books or that area.

My in-laws live down there, and you can find just about every other type of store except for a FLGS. That's sad.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Appleton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
mlhovan wrote:
I will be in this area of Chicagoland for the weekend and might have some time on my hands. Is there an FLGS nearby?

If you are willing to drive a bit, check out Barrister Games in the far northside, at Gurnee Mills. You will want to use the entrance right by the Sports Authority (it's by Sears). Not only do they have great selection, they also have 30% off the entire store while they plan a move.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Kreps
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There was a FLGS in downtown Downers Grove for a few years. Sadly, it didn't make it.

Andrew
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Gilberg
United States
Norman
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
adreeve wrote:
There are several on the north side of Chicago, but your best and closest bet is Games Plus in Mt Prospect... but it's not really that close. I think for Lisle it'd be about half an hour away, but it's a GREAT store and probably worth a visit if you can manage the time and getting up there.

What he said. I used to make the trek up there when I lived down by Joliet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wandering Dragon
United States
Plainfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
Old thread but new store...

The Wandering Dragon Game Shoppe in Plainfield, IL.
www.WanderingDragon.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wandering Dragon
United States
Plainfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
diehard4life wrote:
A good game store is sorely missing on the SW side. Naperville/Downers Grove would be excellent. Downtown Downers Grove would be my choice, next to Anderson's Books or that area.

As an FYI for anyone interested, Fair Game opened in downtown Downers in November 2010. Great store. We used to make the trip before we opened our own in Plainfield this past July. Fair Game's website is http://fairgamestore.com/.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Sears
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
I had a good time at Draxtar in Batavia, loads of good tables: https://www.facebook.com/DraxtarGames

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Roth
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
philreh wrote:
mlhovan wrote:

If you are willing to drive a bit, check out Barrister Games in the far northside, at Gurnee Mills. You will want to use the entrance right by the Sports Authority (it's by Sears). Not only do they have great selection, they also have 30% off the entire store while they plan a move.

For starters I echo what everyone has said about Games Plus in Mt Prospect. I grew up visiting the place when I'd visit my grandparents, and once they moved across the tracks they got even better.

When people visit my store and marvel at my game selection I tell them my goal is to have the best selection in the state...except for Games Plus, who I never expect to top..;-)

I'm pretty sure that the Board Game Barrister in Gurnee Mills is now closed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls