Michael Roop
United States
Three Rivers
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
don't forget the new game store that opened up next to the north Target store on West Main.

If you are driving from/back to Jackson, along I-94, I recommend you stop at Titan Games in Battle Creek. It's usually got a pretty good clearence table going on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Roop
United States
Three Rivers
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
if you are looking at I-94 and 131 (the straight lines I put here represent 131 north/south and it's exits.
|
|-west main
|
|
|-stadium drive
|
|
|-I-94
|
|
|-centre street
|

I will just say this, don't bother with the TitanGames in Kalamazoo or the game store up by West Main if you can swing over and hit the TitanGames in Battle Creek. The game store up by West Main is crap. The Titan Games up by stadium drive has a few things 40K and some other expensive stuff. If your not interested in 40kfigs for $2.99 then don't worry about it. That's why I recommend the Titan Games in Battle Creek, I find awesome stuff there all the time while the northern Kalamazoo stores aren't worth it. If you are travelling I94 into Kalamazoo, there is construction currently on the Westnedge Exit. If you find yourself on Westnedge (sounds like where you are going) travel north until you pass a BIG Meijers on the EAST. Fanfare comics and games is in the mini mall one block north of that.

EDIT-BTW glad to meet a close by gamer. Always glad to help a local.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom
United States
Plainfield
ILLINOIS
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This isn't a suggestion but I am traveling down memory lane. Does anyone remember the Sugar Plum hobby store that used to be on Sprinkle road with the closest crossroads being Center. It was a huge store with tons of war and RPG, minis, etc around 1983-84.
I used to love that store.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Larson
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmb
Ninebreaker2 wrote:
Right on Westnedge:
www.fanfare-se.com
The best game store in Kzoo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Roop
United States
Three Rivers
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
johnnyspys wrote:
This isn't a suggestion but I am traveling down memory lane. Does anyone remember the Sugar Plum hobby store that used to be on Sprinkle road with the closest crossroads being Center. It was a huge store with tons of war and RPG, minis, etc around 1983-84.

I used to LOVE going to that store!!! I used to pick up lots of OLD White Dwarf magazines (back when they were making land speeders out of deoderant stick containers and wrote articles for DnD and other games), and I think I picked up Judge's Guild stuff there too. My parents would always stop there for me and my friend to browse around when we went to Kalamazoo (back then a trip to Kalamazoo was a "treat" and only once or twice a month.
They always seemed to have better stuff than "Rider's Hobby Shop" did.

Thanks for the trip down memory lane Johnnyspys!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom
United States
Plainfield
ILLINOIS
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ReignsEternal wrote:
johnnyspys wrote:

I used to LOVE going to that store!!! I used to pick up lots of OLD White Dwarf magazines (back when they were making land speeders out of deoderant stick containers and wrote articles for DnD and other games), and I think I picked up Judge's Guild stuff there too. My parents would always stop there for me and my friend to browse around when we went to Kalamazoo (back then a trip to Kalamazoo was a "treat" and only once or twice a month.
They always seemed to have better stuff than "Rider's Hobby Shop" did.

Thanks for the trip down memory lane Johnnyspys!!!
Yeah, I remember they used to lest us junior high kids hang out all day long there. It was like a huge warehouse (or at least it seemed like it). I really was sad when it closed especially the tragedy behind the owner's death.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Magdzinski
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just started hitting up Fanfare weekly, it definitely is pretty solid. They've got a great selection. I'm not big so far on the gaming scene in Kalamazoo, but it's a start.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Summerer
United States
Hamden
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Check out my audiobooks!
badge
Will talk for food!
mbmbmbmbmb
Digging up an old thread...

I'm going to be in the area for a PCHS reunion in July. I was looking at Fanfare's event listings, but they didn't have anything official on the calendar for when I'm there. Do they tend to have open gaming/game players around on Saturdays?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls