Subject: Mystery Train officially discontinued rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Tanner
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Ticket to Ride fanMicrobadge: Clue fanMicrobadge: Dominion fanMicrobadge: View-Master reel collectorMicrobadge: Disney fan
The other day I was following some links and clicked on the URL for the Mystery Train expansion:
http://www.daysofwonder.com/tickettoride/en/mystery/

I noticed that the page for this was no longer valid (though it had been live just a few months ago)

Curious about this, I wrote Customer Support at Days of Wonder, and they replied:
Quote:
Thank you for your request.

Support for this expansion has been discontinued.

Best Regards,

Yann Corno
Customer Service
Days of Wonder
Come out and play!
Now, luckily, I had archived the old Mystery Train pages before they disappeared. My mirror of that site can be found here:
http://www.tannerworld.com/mysterytrain/

Yes, Mystery Train was sort of a dud and did a lot of things wrong, but it's sad to see it formally be retired.

- Steve
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Mittelstedt
United States
Westminster
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Guitar playerMicrobadge: Jack Russell loverMicrobadge: Android: Netrunner LCG fanMicrobadge: Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft fan
1910 contains the Mystery Train cards. Also, with Mystery Express out, they probably don't want to deal with product confusion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Tanner
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Ticket to Ride fanMicrobadge: Clue fanMicrobadge: Dominion fanMicrobadge: View-Master reel collectorMicrobadge: Disney fan
BugLaden wrote:
1910 contains the Mystery Train cards. Also, with Mystery Express out, they probably don't want to deal with product confusion.
Yeah, I have 1910 and the other expansions, so it's not a biggie. But remember that 1910 only reprinted the Destination Tickets, not the Character Cards. So if you want to relive that odd faction in TtR history, you still can :)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan F T
Colombia
Bogota
DC
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Robotech RPG Tactics fan - UEDFMicrobadge: I love ColombiaMicrobadge: Silver Board Game CollectorMicrobadge: Tragedy Looper fanMicrobadge: Game Explainer
Since it is discontinued, is it ok to actually upload it here?

That should not be a problem then...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ya'itz Yer'moov
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
All That We See Or Seem
badge
Is But A Dream Within A Dream.
Microbadge: Jack Vasel Auction 2011 participantMicrobadge: Jack Vasel Auction participantMicrobadge: I've played games in ItalyMicrobadge: Jack Vasel Memorial Fund auction participant - 2012Microbadge: Jack Vasel Memorial Fund auction participant - 2013
available for auction by clicking here.
Auction ends 10/25

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls