Popular Tags: [View All]
Carl Johan Ragnarsson
Sweden
Lund
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the rules are rather unclear about the number of turns in these games. As I read it, the solo game has 10 full turns (then you buy back your stock) and the 2-player game has 7 full turns. Is that interpretation correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Snooze Fest
United States
Hillsborough
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
We love our pups!! Misu, RIP 28 Nov 2010. Tikka, RIP 11 Aug 2011.
mbmbmbmbmb
minismurf wrote:
I think the rules are rather unclear about the number of turns in these games. As I read it, the solo game has 10 full turns (then you buy back your stock) and the 2-player game has 7 full turns. Is that interpretation correct?

Barbados: "After 10 turns (when the turn marker reaches the 3 player end space), use the cash you have to buy back all of your shares at $5 each. If you can’t buy back your shares, you lose! Any money you have left over is your score."
St. Lucia: "The game ends when the turn marker reaches the 4 player end."
I guess the confusion is about the St. Lucia map? I think he meant 8 turns -- the usual end of a 4-player game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Johan Ragnarsson
Sweden
Lund
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In this Session report (http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/328995/aos-st-lucia-a-mo...) they state that it should be 7 turns. And although not all goods are shipped yet, it does look to me that the game is basically "over" at this point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anson Bischoff
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Going off of the wording of Barbados, I believe it actually means 8 turns. Quite confusing indeed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.