Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tim Earl
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be in East Grinstead (West Sussex) June 6-11, so I was wondering if there are any groups that meet during the week, or any FLGS worth checking out. I noticed the Brighton Group, so perhaps that's one option. I will have a car (and GPS), so I'm willing to drive a little.

Every time I go to East Grinstead, my friends in the US ask me to pick up Risk Express, and I have yet to come across it in my travels.

Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Ackroyd
United Kingdom
Brighton
E Sussex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Brighton has Wargamers Heaven which could be worth a look. Mainly Games Workshop stuff, but a growing selection of boardgames and an absolutely huge gaming area. You might find boardgaming going on there on Saturdays.

I think you'll be lucky to find Risk Express anywhere.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Earl
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One thing that just occurred to me is that I could pick up Where There is Discord and save the shipping costs. It's been getting rave reviews, but I'm not sure if I want to get back into solitaire wargaming.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Watson
United Kingdom
Banstead
Surrey - United Kingdom
flag msg tools
ASL - other tactical wargames call it Sir.
badge
Beneath this mask there is an idea.....and ideas are bulletproof.
mbmbmbmbmb
I doubt you will see this in any FLGS in the UK - despite being produced by a UK company it was in pretty short supply in the UK with most copies being purchased directly from the publisher. I think only a limited number of copies made it directly to retail (either bricks and mortar or online) - it was a very niche, and expensive, item even without the cross-Atlantic postage.

You might still find a copy of Risk express in Waterstones (bookshop chain in most highstreets which does carry some games).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
catty_ big
United Kingdom
London (sort of)
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
1000rpm wrote:
Brighton has Wargamers Heaven
No it doesn't, they closed down last year.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Ackroyd
United Kingdom
Brighton
E Sussex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BigCat97 wrote:
1000rpm wrote:
Brighton has Wargamers Heaven
No it doesn't, they closed down last year.
Sadly true, but it was there in June 2010!

But now Dave's Comics in Brighton has a pretty decent selection of boardgames....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Harris
United Kingdom
Sutton
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cheng wrote:
I'll be in East Grinstead (West Sussex) June 6-11, so I was wondering if there are any groups that meet during the week, or any FLGS worth checking out. I noticed the Brighton Group, so perhaps that's one option. I will have a car (and GPS), so I'm willing to drive a little.

Every time I go to East Grinstead, my friends in the US ask me to pick up Risk Express, and I have yet to come across it in my travels.

Thanks in advance.
Depends on how happy you are with public transport but East Grinstead has good rail links with central London which makes LondonOnBoard reachable in less than a hour. Check out some of the geeklists to see what we play.

We have two meetups during that period - be glad to see you there. Also, if you find what you need on BoardGameGuru, the owner (Paul) will usually bring your stuff to club night. Very handy.
cool

Simon

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Kings
England
Bursledon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, there is BattleQuest Games in Horsham (about 30mins drive from East Grinstead). They are a great little FLGS.

There is also a guild of us that meet in Horsham plus BattleQuest do monthly gaming evenings. cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls