Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
tim Tim TIm TIM TIMMY!!
Costa Rica
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey All,

I got a friend down here in Costa Rica who goes home to Houston a lot, can you tell me a few good stores where he could buy Settlers of Catan - and hopefully a lot of other games

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kerry Harrison
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch
badge
Meep. Meep. Meep.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hendal wrote:
Hey All,

I got a friend down here in Costa Rica who goes home to Houston a lot, can you tell me a few good stores where he could buy Settlers of Catan - and hopefully a lot of other games

Midnight Comics & Games 281-293-0226 (West Oaks) 2505 South Hwy 6, Houston, TX 77082
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Stearns
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The best game store for variety and inventory is Nan's Games and Comics. It is located at the corner of State Highway 59 and Shepard Dr. Nan's has been around since I was a kid and I'm 46 now. I'm sure he can look them up on the internet. Nan's is just southwest of downtown, north of Rice University and the Med Center. Midnight Comics the other person suggested is located at the intersection of Westheimer and Highway 6 in West Houston. If your friend is flying into Hobby Airport Nan's is closer. If he is flying into Bush, then either store will do. It may also depend on where he is staying while here. good luck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Reed
United States
College Station
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've heard good things about Midnight, but I tend to visit Nan's when I am in Houston. They may have lousy service (sometimes smoking in the store, unable to answer simple questions, frequently playing unbearable music too loud), but the selection, especially of out of print titles, is pretty good. It can take some time digging through, but there are some gems to be found (long out of print Winsome titles, Avalon Hill titles, etc.) in the chaos.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Stearns
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
David,

A very accurate description of Nan's. They just seem to have piles of games, multiple copies, old and new stuff. For sheer inventory they can't be beat. If your expecting warm fuzzies though, you'll be disappointed.

Hookem!

Tom
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tim Tim TIm TIM TIMMY!!
Costa Rica
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys this really helps