Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeffrey Inks
United States
Holly Springs
North Carolina (NC)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I come the well again to ask of any stores that are located in downtown Cincinnati. I am staying near the Reds ball park, the Mellinium I think.

Will be on foot, couple of miles at best.

Thank you in advance.

Jeff
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Defense
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
none downtown ... but take a bus or cab to Mt. Lookout Square (5 miles) ... Boardwalk Hobby Shop has a huge selection of games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Hallstrom
United States
Jackson
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
At least 6 years ago (when I lived 4 blocks from Lookout Square) Boardwalk Hobby shop is a great little place. The Hamburger joint (name eludes me at the moment) immediately next door is a great non-chain local joint - as is the Thai restaurant there. Mt. Lookout is a great little area - much less snooty than Hyde Park (which is the next neighborhood over - though Hyde Park features a Graeters ice cream).

If not the bus - the taxi from downtown to Mt. Lookout Square should probably not be that bad (there is a fairly direct route) and you could easily spend an evening in Mt. Lookout - there is the hamburger joint, the Thai restaurant, a sushi restaurant, a great coffe shop where regulars (I was one once) routinely play Euchre (Lookout Joe's), a second run movie theater where you can get a beer and fries while watching the move and at least two bars which have live music almost every Friday and Saturday in addition to a little hole in the wall watering hole. Be warned though I don't think Boardwalk Hobby stays open too late in the evening.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Greene
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There aren't any downtown that I know of, but if you can, try to take the 17 bus (I'm pretty sure) to Mt. Healthy to find YottaQuest. A really fantastic shop with lots of games and gaming. Tables available for gaming nearly anytime (though I think tonight is Magic night) and if you're in town tomorrow evening, there is open board gaming from 6-12. There is normally a dozen or more people looking to play.

Also it was recently rated "Americas Favorite Game Store" by Goodman Games. Boardwalk has a decent selection, but has no tables for gaming. Its more of a quiet pick up your game and go home shop.

So it has that going for it too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Defense
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hamburger place is called Zips, and it also has good Guinness.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Inks
United States
Holly Springs
North Carolina (NC)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent! One more use for the internet. Found the stores, found a path, have a plan.

Thanks a bunch,

Jeff

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Russell
United States
Milford
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just one more point. Boardwalk does not have gaming going on at the store. Otherwise, that's where I go when I'm going for FLGS.

Duh.... someone else already mentioned this. So sorry. Also, I do know that they look at the Geek to select games to put on the shelves and they are pretty friendly, but pretty much leave you alone unless you engage them in conversation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls